#04

The MYSTERIOUS Black Knight

 

“Good night darling,” Changmin kissed me goodnight before I went into my room for the night.

“Good night,” I smiled sweetly back and hugged him.

Oh, I just can’t believe what just happen between us.

I let go of him and a wave, he walked away, returning to his own kingdom. It would be at least a week until I see him again. I sighed, thinking about it.

Just when I was opening the door about to go into my room, someone has to pounce on my back and scare me.

“Omo!” I gasped and turned around, wanting to beat that person up with my heels. “Yah, Park Shinyoung!”

“Mianhe, Hayul but did I just saw Prince Changmin walk you to your room?” Shinyoung asked in a serious tone as she followed me in to my room.

Here we go again…

“Ne, why? It’s not like it’s the first time.” I asked even though I knew why. I plopped myself on the couch and threw my shoes and massage my aching feet.

“You know why. I don’t like him. Why don’t you just break up with him?” she said agitated sitting opposite of me.

I look up and glare at her. I don’t get why she hates Changmin so-so-so-so-so-so much.

“That’s just your instinct.” I replied and went back massaging my feet. Shinyoung and I never argue but when it comes to Changmin, we’ll fight like enemies much worse than me and Jihae.

“And my instincts are always right.” She retorted folding her arms in front of her.

I looked straight into her eyes, “then it’s wrong this time. You can’t always be right. And anyways Changmin and I are engaged.” I said simply.

“MWO? You’ve gotta be kidding… you can’t be engaged… wait, is that—“I held my hand out so that she could have a better look at my engagement ring. The shock in her eyes was as clear as day.

“Shinyoung, I love Changmin and Changmin loves me. Why can’t you just accept us being together?” I asked shaking my head as I walked towards my dressing table.

“It’s not that—“

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous?” I turned around to see her making a face.

“Seriously, Hayul you know I like somebody else,” she rolled her eyes and walked towards me and lowered her voice with full of concern, “I just don’t want to see you get hurt.”

Why is she acting so weird?

Why does she look like she wanted to cry?

Is she hiding something away from me?

I shook the thoughts away. Shinyoung is my best friend, I reminded myself.

“No worries, I can take care of myself.” I smiled as we hugged each other.

Shinyoung gave a thin smile and we said goodnight to each other and she left.

Park Shinyoung, what’s wrong?

I submerged myself into the steaming hot bath and relaxed myself ignoring the weird thoughts as I imagined how my future with Changmin would be…

 

---------------------

Author’s POV

Shinyoung walked back towards her room, situated at a tower for the palace’s servants, separated from the royal family.

As soon as she shut her room door, she broke down into big sobs.

Lying against the wooden door, she cried and cried her heart out.

How could she forgive herself?

She has nobody to turn to.

Not even daring to tell her caring brother, she is lost.

She was in need of huge help but she couldn’t reach out to one.

On the outside, she was always the Park Shinyoung everyone knew, sweet and friendly but inside, she’s breaking. Breaking by piece as time passes by.

And just like that, she cried herself to sleep.

 

 

[A/N] ahhhhhhhhh I know it’s a boring chappie but anyways please comment and subscribe and upvote!