New Comfort

Let The Love Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

you might need to re-read the previous chapter since its been awhile since i update this story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjC1AJQUeNo

i'm suggesting you to listen to this song while reading this chapter. truthfully i was inspired to write this chapter thanks to this song. its about comforting and protecting the one you love. i'm practically addicted to this song. it calm me alot (the voice is practically an angel singing)

warning: grammar error because i've no time to proofread this one

 

 

Everything seems too unreal for her. What she knows is that she was holding tight the car’s steering with both her hands. Sometimes one of her hands was shedding the tears from blurring her views. She was driving too fast from the usual. The night getting darker, the rains made the road slippery. In her normal days, this is an unforgivable behaviour for her safety. She knew that better than anyone else of the consequences, but today was an exception. I need to go home fast.. I need Kyu oppa.. Fortunately she arrive her home safely. With shaking hand she punch the house’s security code and enter. 

 

“Seohyunie? Have you eaten yet?” she think she heard the ajumma’s voice. She shakes her head, walking almost robotically to only one destination.

 

The house’s helper looks at the girl and only realized the wet face of Seohyun with worried. Seohyun seems so distracted and walks mindlessly to the stairs before she can ask what had happened to the girl.

 

Seohyun walks so fast that she didn’t see Yonghwa is walking downstairs and they collide with each other. Yonghwa was so shock that she almost didn’t get to hold on her body. If not because of his fast reflect, his wife might falls down the stairs. The time he was holding her waist that he realised Seohyun was crying and he was stunned because of that. Slowly, Seohyun loose the hold on her waist and continue her way to her room. The tears seem unstoppable and she didn’t care at all.

 

Oppa….. I want oppa… I need oppa.. She enter her room and take her sit at the edge of her bed. Why at all times oppa need to go to Japan today? Kyu Oppa is always the biggest comfort. Her favourite Keroro plushie was on her hold tightly like it was her only hope to gain comfort. Today was a hard day for her. The dead of Jaeseok ajusshi shakes her world. The old man was her first ever patient that was put under her responsibilities as a doctor. That was the reason this one patient was so dear to her. Despite her busy works at the hospitals, the mere presence of Jaesuk ajusshi comforts her the most. He was like her friend rather than her patient. Yesterday, the old man’s condition was getting better and she was so happy that there seems to be a little hope. Therefore, when suddenly she was getting a code blue call that evening, afraid was an understatement. For once she got the cold feet. The dead of her first ever patient, struck her like lightning and she refuse to accept it at first. She tried to save her patients with all her might for almost 15 minutes after the life machine shows the straight line with only one long beet sound. If not for Jinwoon who forcefully pulled her off her patient, she might not let go. She felt that for once she failed as a doctor and start questioning her capabilities. After that, she lock herself off at the ladies for 3 hours however, not one shed of tears come out at that time. The tears only flow once she start driving and never stop until now.

 

She was so into her solemn feeling that she didn’t even realized when Yonghwa enters her room and sit beside her. What she knows is that the tears become heavier as time goes by and she didn’t even mind to shed it.

 

Yonghwa look at Seohyun at his side and just seat silently at first. Truthfully he don’t know how to react. This is the first time he saw Seohyun being like this. However, he knew that something sad had happened to Seohyun and she looks really distracted and in grave to the point that she came back from hospital without even change from her scrub suit and her white code. Her ponytails hair was even out of place. She didn’t even realized her self proclaim enemy since high school even though they are already married, is in her room, sit close beside her and the so called iron lady since high school even cried rainstorm in front of him. This is really something out of norm for her to let it happen.

 

He slowly gain his courage to do something. Carefully, he gets her out of her white code and release her hair and let it down. He hesitant at first but still, he reached out his right hand and slowly shed the tears from his seemingly depress wife’s face. The moment his fingers touched Seohyun’s face, it felt like a small electric shock seem to attacked him but he tried to ignore it as best as he can. Definitely not the right time to felt like this. He literally sigh as the tears is just equally as stubborn as its master. Still receiving no reaction from the person beside him, Yonghwa finally softly ask her “why are you crying?..”  

 

“Kyu oppa… I want my oppa…” he literally need to move closer to hear what she’s trying to say. Her voice was so weak that words seem to struggle to come out from .

 

“What happened?...hmmm?...” he ask again still softly near her ear. His fingers reached behind her right ear to slide few strains of hairs that restraint him to see her wet face. 

 

“Jaesuk ajju..shi..he..he…” hiccup..”gone…” there and then her sobbing become  heavier then before. Yonghwa close his eyes and sigh. Even though he don’t know who this Jaesuk ajusshi was but he got the idea that maybe the old man was one of her patient and ever a close one by seeing her cries like this.

 

“Hyunnie want Kyu opaa….” She said again between her sobs. Slowly Yonghwa put his hand on her shoulder and moved closer to her and put her head on his shoulder. He shed her heavy tears again.

 

“Syyyhh…. Kwaenchana…” he tried to comfort her softly. “Cry on… let it all out.” His left hand reached out to hold her hands on her lap. “I’ll be your crying shoulder. I’m here for you.” He let her tears wet his shirt.

 

“I failed…” she said and close her eyes and snuggles to his neck still sobbing.

 

“It’s not your fault.” The hands on her shoulder moved to pat her hair softly. “Every person in this world was destined to die one day.”

 

“My first official patient… destined to go... so soon.”

 

Yonghwa shakes his head. “You can’t go against fate, sweetheart.” Without him knowing, he said the endearing word to her. Hearing her sobs made him felt the pain in his heart. This girl, who seem so strong everytime from the outside, was actually so fragile inside. He softly sigh again and tighten his hold on her hands and shoulders. Moving her closer to him. He know he can’t think about this at the time when Seohyun was crying in grave of the dead of her patient, but the feeling is inevitable. They had been married for some times even though that title only applied on papers and not by its real meaning. But, this is actually the first time that he hold her closely like this, the first time he accepted her crying on his shoulder, the first time he act like a real man in the name of her partner in life. He can’t help but to felt a little hope for their relationship. Despite the cold weather outside of the house because of the rain, it felt warm inside here in his heart and his body. Will this put a stop to what we have gone through, Head Girl?  

 

Seohyun at the same time was in her own world. Every memories of her with Jaesuk ajusshi played in her mind. How the start of her every shifts routine was to check on him first before she move to other patients. Sometimes they would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter