Chapter Six

When All You Believe Is A Lie

I stared at the baby blue walls of my house. Mami was cooking in the kitchen as if nothing was wrong, I haven’t told her yet. The thought of telling her only reminded me of my older sister who was a teenage mom, I remember the way my mother looked at her; they way people gossiped- as if she was the first one to ever get knocked up at that age! Knowing my mother and her Hispanic roots she’ll know before I tell her; and that’s what I’m most afraid of. I don’t even care about the way people will speak of me, I don’t care if they compare me to my sister! I know who I am and who I was with, I know that what went down was love.

“Katherin, come here please.” I’ve been hiding my face from her for two weeks; I’m scared of my mother none the less.

I walked to her slowly breathing in the scent of raw meat, my stomach twirled. She looked at me but looked back down at the meat she was cooking. “Help me marinate this?” She handed me a bowl that contained the meat. I looked down at it and lifted my hand to my mouth; I could feel everything coming back up my system. The scent crawled up my noise and I ran to the bathroom. I barely lifted the toilet cap before empting my stomach inside of it. My head pounded as I lay on the bathroom floor weakly.

“I’ll give you a month to tell me the truth. Until then dinner is at 7 and if you want you can bring over some friends.” I looked up to see my mother looking down at me with such tired eyes; I hate that this is happening. I haven’t even told Suho yet. I got off the floor and washed my mouth and climbed on to my bed.

“Oppa, mom wants to know if you guys want to come over for dinner.” I said still feeling weak from the bathroom time I had. I could hear oppa groan.

“I have a tight schedule and then dinner with Block B, hold on.” I could hear someone yell on the other side. “Zico said hi and he loves the photo shot you did with Exo.” I smiled to myself, I haven’t been close with the gangstar himself but we always got along.

“Ok, tell oppa I said thank you. You guys are welcome to come whenever you guys want.” I loved my YG family, I always will.

“You haven’t told him huh?” I could hear Taeyang lower his voice.

“No, not yet.” I could hear him sigh knowing he didn’t approve. Zico was complaining like a child in the background. He said something along the line of tell who what? “Hey look I have to go oppa. Talk to me after the dinner.” I hung up without waiting for him to say anything. I called another oppa instead hopping for a better result.

“Hey oppa!” I tried to lighten my voice but it cracked.  

“Hey Kat, are you ok?” Jonghyun asked getting right to it.

“Can you come over for dinner? It’s at seven.”

“I’ll see if I can get us off work early, I really would love to come over.” I could hear the slightest trace of sleepiness, but I know he was happy to get away from work. I smiled to myself knowing no matter what he would show up-even if he was alone.

“Thank you Jong- oppa.” I love this guy, no matter what happened to me and my family I know I have a strong support system.

“I’ll see you soon little girl.” I laughed and hung up the phone. I was just happy they didn’t turn me down, I am just happy that I don’t have to see my boyfriend. I’m not ready for that yet- not at all.

After two hours of trying to find something to wear I decided on a simple black dress that fit perfectly and some floral flats to add some life to it. I walked down the stairs as slowly as possible trying not to upset my stomach anymore than I already have. Jong- oppa already confirmed that they will show up and Taeyang said that as soon as the light dinner is over he will try to get everyone over here. My mother gladly made enough for a hundred people or even more. And trust me- these boys eat a lot.

“You look great baby girl.” My mom kissed my forehead as though nothing had happened between us. She went to go open the door to SHINee and I was left picking at the hems of my skirt until they came towards me. We greeted each other with warm hugs and quickly went to the table. I tried- I mean I really did try but every time looked down at the chicken on my plate I would gag.

“Katherin…” Minho leaned over the table trying to grab my attention. I looked up holding in my breath. “Katherin!” he tried a little louder, the scent of chicken wafted into my noise and I pulled away. Standing up I ran to the bathroom the boys running behind me unsure of anything. Maybe I should I have told them more in detail… I emptied myself once again and laid my head on the toilet trying to compose myself.

“What the hell just happened?” Onew asked from the doorframe. I sighed.

“Katherin, are you ok?” I shouldn’t lie to them. I really shouldn’t.

“I have something to tell you guys.” I stood up with some help of Minho; he pulled my hair back while I brushed my teeth. I led them back to my room where my mother was- why not kill two birds with one stone?

“You guys know how you were on Hello Baby right?” I waited for them to nod. “It was really fun to watch after a little kid wasn’t it?” I smiled remembering watching the show in my room. “I would love to do something like that one day- Baby taking care of a baby.” I smiled weakly knowing I was going at this the wrong way. My mother’s face grew dark, she was catching on.

“I can talk to the producer if that’s what you want.” Taemin said happily with a smile.

“I won’t need you to do that…” I watched as everyone’s face- but Jonghyun- grows confused. “Because I’m pregnant.” The silence was deadly. My mother stormed out screaming she knew this would happen in Spanish.

“You can’t be serious…” Onew stood up. “Was that why Taeyang picked you up?” I nodded lightly and placed a hand on my stomach.

“I need you guys with me.” I pleaded knowing one of them would leave if I didn’t. The nodded, Taemin was so happy he said he wanted a brother or sister of his own. Minho didn’t really talk- I guess he’s as shocked as I am. Jonghyun just held me and didn’t say a word. Onew didn’t believe then broke down. Key was going through a million photos of things claiming he would buy the world for this child. They left after I begged them not to tell anyone, it had to come from me- not anyone else.

“When- when did you know?” My mother cried into her hands. I didn’t have the time to do this- Daesung already called saying they would be here soon. I cleared the table and set new plates for all the members of Block B and Big Bang. The door bell rang and I sprinted to it.

“Cattie Kat!” Zico opened his arms out wide and I ran into them knowing there was safety there. I greeted all of them of them and sat them down for a proper Hispanic dinner. I stayed clear from the chicken this time. I would get weird looks from my oppa’s when I would gag but they did nothing.

“Thank you so much for the dinner Mrs. M.”Block B bowed and so did my mother. “This was something we haven’t eaten ever we really did enjoy it.” Mami looked at the clock and sighed.

“It’s really late you guys. We have three extra rooms or four if I sleep in the living room. Please stay the night- I don’t feel safe sending you guys out at this hour.”

Zico looked at G Dragon who was taking off his coat. “Thank you Mrs. M. We really do feel grateful for this.” My mom headed off to the living room and I got the extra clothes Big Bang had always left here. I shared the room with Zico and P.O, somehow Zico ended up in my bed- that little gangstar was like a teddy bear. The morning was dreadful. I spent an hour in the bathroom throwing up- U-Kwon held my hair and Taemin rubbed my back. There were questions about me going around all morning from Block B but Onew shut them up real fast with the truth.

“My little Kat…” Zico looked at me. Everyone was so confused and shocked. U-Kwon rubbed my tummy.

“I’m teaching that child how to dance even if it kills me.” He promised to himself.

“No telling anyone. I swear Zico if you can’t keep their mouths shut everyone’s lives are over.”

“Who’s the father?” I turned sharply to look at B- Boom who asked. Jonghyun coughed and everyone pointed at him. “Him?” I coked motioning no.

“Suho… from Exo.” I smiled lightly walking back to the kitchen to go get a drink of water. They left after lunch saying they won’t tell a soul. I flopped in bed knowing I owe my mother the truth. I know she won’t take this easily. And what about Suho? How am I going to tell him? Or even Jessica or Tiffany or any of them? I sobbed into my pillow- I really don’t know how I will do this.

 

 

A/N: Hey its Baby Panda! Sorry for the delay... Just feeling down. But i wrote this for you guys, i hope you enjoy it. thank you for reading. Enjoy !