Life Do Forget

Life Do Forget

Chapter 2: Life Do Forget

Like her usual self, the 7 year old Eunji was still sleeping comfortably as they arrived to their new house in Seoul. A simple but elegant house just enough for their whole family can already make Eunji’s parents content.

“Honey, we’re here now.” Ms. Jung whispered in Eunji’s ears with her sweet and soft voice while her husband was already carrying their things inside.

Eunji, on the other hand, sat up quickly and rubbed her eyes as soon as her mother had waked her up.
“Wow. It’s already morning. Is Seoul really far?” Eunji marveled from her thoughts.
Stepping out from the car, Eunji quickly ran inside their new house and asked her father where her room is excitedly.

As soon as they settled though, Eunji felt emptiness, even right after all those exciting feeling she had when they arrived.
“Eomma. I’m bored. I want to play.” Eunji murmured at her mother who was still fixing their things.
There is no doubt that Eunji already felt the loss of Daehyun’s presence although she didn’t know it herself.
“You can go check and play outside. There are a lot of kids. Go and meet them. Be friendly.” Ms. Jung uttered a lot without even looking at her daughter due to being busy at arranging their packed things.
“But I don’t know them and they speak differently.” Eunji replied reasoning that they have different accent.

 

Out of curiousness of all the noise heard though, Eunji peeked through the fence of the other neighbor and can see a girl and a boy playing tag. Her eyes were there locked on the two children when the boy caught her hiding behind the fence.
“Yah! Who are you?” the boy ran with the other girl following her behind.
“Ahhh. I’m Jung Eunji. We just moved here.” Eunji answered with her quite unfamiliar accent.
“Why do you talk like that?” the girl laughed making Eunji quite embarrassed.
“Why? It doesn’t matter. Do you want to play with us?” the boy offered his hand to Eunji.
“Play? Yeah, I want to join!” Eunji replied happily.
“By the way, my name is Kim Myungsoo.” He smiled at her as he took her hand and ran to the playground together with Naeun following.

And that’s how he met those new people who can be there for her as well. She earned new friends, and a new best friend, who slowly took away Daehyun’s place in her heart. That is how her promise to Daehyun was broken. They never returned to Busan anymore when her parents started to get too much busy on their business. She was 8 at that time but she was no longer a child now.

Eunji, the sleepyhead girl, had grown up to be a very beautiful and cheerful woman together with her now so called best friend Myungsoo.

“Happy Birthday Eunji-ah! Come with me!” Myungsoo greeted her, the first thing in the morning on her 18th birthday.
“Ya! Where are you taking me! Myungsoo! I’m still not changing.” Eunji who was still wearing her normally casual clothes got dragged by Myungsoo.
“You’re clothes is alright already.” Myungsoo laughed and said as he continued to run.
“Why are you laughing!” Eunji went to catch up with Myungsoo blowing a hit on his head.
“Yah! What was that for?” Myungsoo said as he stopped running and squeezed Eunji’s face with his hands.
“Wait. Where’s my gift!” Eunji smiled and pouted as soon as Myungsoo took his hand off her face.
“I’ll give it to you in the park.” Myungsoo smiled giddily.

Myungsoo covered Eunji’s eyes and brought her in front of his gift. He slowly removed his hand and Eunji saw the gift he had for her. It was the guitar which she wanted. She ran and took the guitar.
“Myungsoo-ah! Thank you so much! You really know me that well, do you?” Eunji said as she hugged Myungsoo so tight and he hugged her back.
“Of course I should know you that well for me to be called your best friend, right?” he said and sat down on the bench being too tired of how they ran.

“Tired much? Play me a song!” Eunji shouted and gave Myungsoo her guitar for him to play it firstly but then another voice was heard.
“Eunji-ah! You’re here!” a man who looked same-aged as them approached.
“I’m sorry but who are you?” Eunji asked the blonde man curiously trying to think of who the familiar face is.
“So you can’t remember me anymore.” He said and smiled bitterly as his hand holding a tiny gift was being kept hidden at his back.

“Do you know him?” Myungsoo asked Eunji who was staring face to face with the man.
“I don’t know but I think I know him.” Eunji said feeling kind of sorry for how she can’t remember the man’s face.
“It’s alright! I just came to give you this.” He finally showed the tiny box and gave it to Eunji.
“For me?” Eunji asked a bit surprised.
“Yes. And I think I should be going soon.” The guy turned his back and her expression looked too sad to even see. The guy who never forgot who Eunji was, how she looked like, how she was to him, had never got the same thing he expected. The pitiful guy who had been forgotten in the abyss turned his back and walked away completely.

Eunji, on the other hand, was still astounded, and feeling sorry. She then opened the box to see a butterfly pin and a note. She can clearly remember the pin.

 “It’s the pin I wanted when I was still a child!” Eunji said in surprise.
“What do you mean?” Myungsoo asked her while Eunji opened the note.

*Happy Birthday, Eunji, my forever best friend. I know you really liked this pin, right. I missed you. –Jung Daehyun.*

“It’s Daehyun! Daehyun! Oh My God. How could I forget! I’m so stupid.” Eunji ran and tried to catch up to Daehyun but he was nowhere to be found already.
Eunji just tiredly kneeled and felt a ting of pain.
“I’m sorry Daehyun-ah! I’m so sorry! How could I?”
Eunji apologized to Daehyun who was now long gone and broken.

 

~END of ONESHOT~


I hope you liked it.
I'll upload another oneshot tomorrow.
Thanks for reading.
I LOVE YOU! <3