2

외국인

 

It had been weeks since I started teaching, SaRa came in more than she didn't, but in my opinion she missed entirely too much school in my opinion. I learned quite a few things since my first day, One: That my students enjoyed when I brought in home made snacks; Two: Only two students missed class, one of which was SaRa; Three: My celebrity neighbors were either loud, grumpy men or had obnoxiously booming voices... And I was not planning on finding out which it was.
Flash Back
"Ahn KyungCheol?"
"Here."
"Ahn YooSeok?"
"Here."
"Chae DaeHun?"
"Here."
"Chae IlHoon?"
"Here."
"Choi AeJa?"
"Here"
Choi ChunHi?"
"Here"
"Choi HyunSo?"
"Here."
"Choi JunHong?"
 Everyone started to laugh.
"Choi JunHong?"
"He never comes to school, sungsaenim," SaRa called out finally, "You might as well stop asking until you notice an unfamiliar face in the room."
"Oh?"  I looked up, "Is that so?" 
 I wonder why that is. 
I decided it was best not to ask, and continue with roll call.
End Flash Back
It was nearly 1 a.m.  and I was in the processes of getting ready to bake some mini cakes for my class after I had finished grading their assignments, in all honesty I was so impressed with how much better they were doing, clearly bribing them with treats was the best way to keep their grades up.
Reading through the recipe I pulled all the ingredients I needed. Flour, check; Salt, check; Baking soda, check; Eggs and milk, check; sugar.... Sugar? Where the hell did I put the sugar? 
I searched frantically through my cupboards until I realized I had used up all of the sugar, and had even wrote it on my shopping list. 
"." I cursed to myself, I had two options, Make nothing or....
" it..."
 I slipped on my shoes and walked to the neighbors door, hearing the load voices booming through the door, I held my breath and knocked on the door "please just be loud people, please just be loud people", I chanted as a prayer as the door opened. 
Keeping my head down I in audibly screamed/mumbled "HiIamyournewneighbornextdoor,IamateachernearbyandIforgottogogetsugarearilytodayandwashoping,thatifitwasn'ttomuchtroublecouldIborrowsome?Thatisifyouhaveanyandifitisnttoomuchtrouble,Icanpayyouback...."
"Uhh," a deep voice came from the person in front of me, "What was that?"
Finally I balled up enough courage to look up "I said..... HOLY YOU'RE BANG YONGGUK!"
"I am," He smiled his signature gummy smile, "But I'm pretty sure that isn't what you said earlier. Something about being our new neighbor, and wanting to borrow sugar?"
"Ahh...Yeah." I could feel my cheeks heating up from embarrassment. "If that's okay?"
"Yeah, Sure come in..." He pushed the door open more for me to follow him in, "It might take a while the only people who know the kitchen is HimChan and DaeHyun, One cooks and the other eats..."
"Ahh.." You held back a giggle and he directed you to sit in the kitchen chair. 
"What did you say you do again?" YongGuk Made small talk as he search frantically for the missing sugar.
"I teach English at a near by high School." I said staring at the counter above his head, swiveling in my chair.
"Sounds.... Fun?" He paused to pick the proper word, I assumed.
"Was that a question or a statement?" I giggled.
"Both.. I think." He stood up thunking his head on the open cupboard door "Ah, here it is!"
"Here what is?" Another familiar deep voice echoed behind me.
"HimChan!" YongGuk said, startled as I jumped out of the chair I was sitting in turning to face an extremely tired ulzzang.
"Hello?" He said, blinking his eyes adjusting to the light.
"Oh Hi! I'm AeMi, your new neighbor, it's nice to meet you." I bowed towards him.
"Hello." He shook my hand, and gestured to take my seat again as he leaned on the counter near YongGuk "What's going on?"
"She needed to borrow sugar for...." YongGuk looked back at me, "What do you need it for?"
"Oh... Um well I bring in home made snacks twice a week for my students, sort of a bribe to get them to study harder."
We sat and chatted for a while, HimChan made us tea, our conversation bounce around from what their schedule looks like, the crazy saeseng fans, and where I came from. They were actually really curious about my job. 
"So what are your students like?"
"Consistent, They all come in everyday, except these two... The one misses all the time but still manages to make it in, take her quizzes and get good marks... But the boy, he never shows up... It's so frustrating, The other students say it's typical, but I was never told anything about him, so, I just really don't know."
HimChan glanced at the door and then smirk with ah sigh that sound like a laugh, "May I ask what this students name is?"
"JunHong."
"AeMi, you're a fan of B.A.P right?"
"Well yeah..."
"AeMi... What's Zelo's real name?"
"Choi JunHong, But I don't see.... how....oh..."