Intro

외국인

 

Aemi shifted the huge box in her arms awkwardly as the elevator rang out '7th floor'. quickly she scurried down the hallway and around the corner. Her new apartment was the last one on the outside wall, and she was thrilled that the agency allowed her to live here. 
FLASH BACK
"Please allow me to live alone. I don't think I would be able to give my full effort to my work if I lived with someone. And, I have two cats, surely a roommate would make me get ride of one, if not both!"
"Miss, AeMi, That is a lot to ask for, do you realize how expensive apartments are in Seoul?"
"I... I do, and.. I will pay for the rest, if you cover the normal rent of other ESL teachers!"
FLASH BACK END
AeMi tripped a little as she struggled down the hallway, She looked at the end of the hall, here had to be around eighteen girls standing and mumbling as they giggled the handle of her new neighbors door, "Ah! Who are you girls? You are blocking my path I am moving in now, so go!"
"Ah, look a Waegookin! Who are we? Who are you?" One of the eldest mocked.
"I am a teacher at the local high school, and the new resident of 721, now leave before I call management!"
"You wouldn't!" The oldest threatened with her hands on her hips, as Aemi dropped her large box on the floor and pulled her hand phone from the pocket from her over sized sweater.
"Try me."
The group grumbled as they made their way out of the hall towards the elevator, each one knocking her shoulder or giving her a glare, except one. The last one stood about an inch shorter that Aemi, and gave a deep bow, "Hello, teacher, my name is SaRa, I think you will be my new English teach. Please take care of me!"
"... Uh, Yeah, It's nice meeting you." AeMi blankly stared at the girl who clearly did not belong with the others.
She looked down at the box, 'this is going to be a long night... wait! I have an idea...'
AeMi quickly looked up at the security camera and waved like a mad man, until her phone rang.
"Hello, Do you need something?" a familiar voice rang through the speaker.
"Oh, well if it isn't my old Korean Teacher's son? What  a coincidence!" She giggled and the voice on the other end laughed a bit.
"What do you need Aemi?"
"Help, Oppa!~ I have training tomorrow and I still need to move all of my boxes in!"
"Okay, I'll help."
She hung up and picked the first box of many in to her apartment, then heading back down to the parking lot.
"Ah Aemi, here, can you carry this one? I have the rest on the dolly here."
"Oh, Thank you!"
On the elevator ride up and moving the boxes in the chat was small talk, "Do you like the weather", "What did you see in Seoul so far?", and other things but the thing that caught her attention was when he mentioned "Did you know one of the apartments it a Hallyu group's dorm?"
"Ah yeah, that's why the rent was going to be so high! It was a pain to convince them that the price was ridiculous."
"Haha, they only do that so the saeseng fans don't move in."
"I almost convinced the building Manager to pay me to live here for that exact reason. I honestly don't understand people like that."
"Well did you think they were crazy?"
"What? What are you talking about?"
"That group from before." He pointed at the camera, "That was a group of saesengs."
AeMi's eyes widened'So That means my neighbors are....'
"What?!"