Chapter 1

Return of the Originals

  

 
 
 

Sam woke up with cold sweat on her brow. She's had ths dream for the third night in a row. If one dreams of death for so long there should be somethng wrong with him right? Sam tried to shake the images of her dreams from her memory and got up to prepare for the day. She shouldn't think about such depressing things. Today was a special day, it was her 18th birthday. She's an adult now, and adults don't get scared by little things like this. 

"Noona!" A small voice cried from the door. It was her little brother, Dustin. He was only 10, but very tall for his age and was her favorite person in the whole world. "Happy Birthday!" He yelled again and bounced towards her with an oddly shaped package in this hands. He was still in his pjs, hair a complete bird's nest. She was sure that anytime now something would jump out of that mess.

"What's this?" She smiled as she took the object into her hands. 

"It's your birthday present noona! Open it!" She took it willingly in her hands, and tore off the wrapping paper. Inside was Dustin's favorite racecar. "What's this? Why are you giving this to me?" He loved this little car a lot, and last week when she picked it up once in an attempt to play with him, he just yanked it out of her hands. 

"Well, I didn't have enough money to buy you anything...but I love you noona, so I decided to give you my most treasured item!" He smiled at her, but she could tell that he was reluctant to part with his beloved toy. Seeing this she handed it back to him. "It's ok, I know you love me." She pinched his cheek. "You can keep it, but you owe me a chocolate bar later okay?" She ruffled his hair and got up from her bed. "Noona needs to shower now, go downstairs and eat breakfast okay?" He bobbed his head up and down in a nod and zoomed out the door clutching the little car tightly to his chest. 

~~~~~~~~~~

"Happy Birthday!" Her friends Amber and Henry yelled while throwing confetti at her. She's known them since her family first moved here from the States back when she was 8. They were the first people she met and they were the only ones who truly understood what she was going through.

"Thanks you guys." She laughed. "But you didn't really have to go through all this trouble." She eyed the small cake box Henry was holding behind his back apprehensively. She didn't like them spending money on her, they've done enough just being there for her when times got tough.

"We know, but we can't just not celebrate your 18th birthday! You're a woman now!" Henry exclaimed, eyes lighting up with happiness. He could be such a child sometimes. 

"And since you're our unnie! We can't not help you celebrate!" Amber added. She grabbed Sam by the shoulders and shook her lightly. "Just eat the cake okay? It's not that big anyways: personal size."

"Okay, okay." Sam responded with a chuckle. She grabbed the cake box and put it on top of the binder she was carrying in her hands. "I promise I'll eat it later, now let's get to class, I don't wanna be late today."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sir, I think I finally decoded the message!" A young man with dark-rimmed glasses called out excitedly. An older man walked over immediately and took the paper out of the younger's hands. "An invitation?" 

"Yes, sir."

"But what does this even tell us? We still know nothing!" He groaned in frustration and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Well now we know a little more about what happened to them."

"Yes, but where did they go? We all know that there are no more planets in this solar system that can sustain life Changmin." 

"Yes, but this note says otherwise Yunho hyung! It says here that they left when the asteroids started assaulting the surface of the Earth. It was no longer a safe place to live." 

"Yes, I understand that part; but there's still no way that they could have gone somewhere else to live and managed to survive."

"But hyung-"

"Yunho!" A voice called from the door. 

"What is it Yoochun?"

"The scouts are back! They found something!" Both men rushed towards the door and nearly ran Yoochun over. "What did they find?" The boy-like glint returned to Yunho's eyes.

"Well as you know, after we created those ships which were able to travel farther into space-"

"Yes, yes I know how far our technology has advanced. It's a government secret, but we are part of the governement. Just tell me what they found!" He had spent nearly a decade researching, hoping to find an answer to one of Earth's biggest mysteries, he wasn't going to stand there and listen to his long time friend babble on.

"They found a large spcecraft floating around, about 1 million miles from here. It was as big as the spaceships that they drew in Star Wars."

"AND!?"

"Hyung. It's big enough to fit an entire planet of people."

~~~~~~~~~~

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes:

So I'm alive! I bet none of you missed me huh? *cries* Anyways, here's a really bad update...it's late here...and my brain doesn't function very well at 1 in the morning. Also, about those science terms, I am 98% sure that the actual distance is wrong and I'm pretty sure that they use lightyears in space instead of miles....but the point is, it's REALLY far away, just bear with me. 

Hopefully I can update again before Friday...but idk...I don't really have time...

One last thing, sorry if it sounded rushed...I didn't think more than one chapter was needed  introduce the main characters (like besides EXO, they'll get like maybe 2 cuz there's so many of em OTL) 

So yeah....see you guys in a couple days ^^

(5/8/14: edited the grammar and other mistakes)

Please Comment and Subscribe~! ^^