Prologue

Return of the Originals

 

 
 
 

"Hyung," the small light-haired boy pleaded. "We have to le-"

"No, we are not leaving. This place is our home and has been for hundreds of years." He responded, glancing down at the shorter boy.

"But hyung, the elders said-"

"No buts, we are not leaving." He gazed up at the sun shining brightly down on them. "The climate may not be suitable for farming now, but we can make this work."

"But hyung, it's going to explode one day."

"No, it's not!" He turned around, the ice-cold glare in his eyes burning into the younger's. "Stop saying that Ryeowook, the elders are wrong. They were wrong about the flood, they were wrong about the great shaking, and they will be wrong about this." 

"But, they were right about Sohee noona." Ryeowook shot back. The older stiffened. "Leeteuk-hyung, they were right about Sohee noona's death, they were right about your parent's deaths too."

"ENOUGH!" Leeteuk bellowed into the valley below them. "I told you never to speak of that again. We will not be leaving our home. Nothing will happen, so there is no need to leave." But as he said those words, Leeteuk knew that they were not true.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Leeteuk hyung!" Ryeowook ran around the village calling out his name. Everyone was in panic, the day that the oracles predicted had arrived. Chunks of flaming rock were flying down from the sky, burning buildings and destroying crops. Those who survived the first volley of attacks picked up their pre-packed luggage and ran towards the waiting ships which would take them to the safest planet on this galaxy, the newly named planet EXO.

"Leeteuk hyung! Where are you?!" There was no time left, most had already boarded and left the planet, the only ship left was a small one made only to fit 1, but they'll manage. 

"Hyung!" Ryeowook ran towards the older's house, and seeing that it was still standing, ran inside. Luckily, his friend was sitting on the couch tight by the door, staring at nothing. "Hyung, we have to go now! Everyone else left, we need to follow them."

"No." The older responded in a tired voice. "I've told you before, this is my home. I can't just leave." 

"Then I'm staying with you hyung." Ryeowook said with a determined voice, and although he was terrified of their fates, he sat down with a determined look on his face. "I told you I would never leave you hyung, and I'm not going to break that promise." He grabbed his friend's hand and looked at him straight in he eye and conveyed all the words he wanted to say with his eyes. 

Leeteuk smiled at the younger. "I'll never leave you either."

~~~~~~~~~~ 

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes:

Hai guys~ I at prologues like this, so just bear with me. Also, this was typed on my phone so sorry for any spelling mistakes ;__;

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE Thanks ^^