Just One Day

My World

Reply:

From: Taebaby

To: Min ;)

 

 

I spent the next 10 minutes trying to find the courage to message Minho back. Its not that im mad at him i just don't know how to say anything back without sounding awkward.

Reply:

From:Taebaby

To: Min ;)

Lets talk tomorrow. im really tired.

love  -Taemin

Monday is going to be a long day. -sigh-

 

~~Monday morning no one pov~~

Taemin woke up early Monday morning, took a shower, put on his clothes and made breakfast. After having a tummy full of delicious food he realized today was the day he would actually have to talk to Minho. He had successfully avoided him all day yesterday.

Thinking of how he had ignored all his best friend's texts and calls gave him a bad feeling. One that was full of guilt and sadness.

The truth is he missed his best friend. Minho and Taemin had been togther every weekend since Taemin had comes into this world. Food he usually ate with Minho on weekends didn't taste the same, movies weren't as funny, or were too scary without his personal protector, and the internet had done no justice. Key and Jonghyun had gone away all weekend, Sulli was at her grandma's, Chanyeol and Baekhyun wouldn't answer his calls and Krystal absolutely wouldn't have her "y time" with Amber shortened for any reason what so ever.

Thus leaving him to wallow in his pity.

 

When his sorry excuse for a bus finally pulled around the corner he bolted to the door, after leaving a note for his mum.

Baekhyun, as usual, had saved a seat for Taemin so sit down next to him.

>> So how was your weekend?<< Baekhyun asked cheekily.

>> You would know if you hadn't ignored my calls.<< Taemin said back.

>>  Sorry. Me and Yeoll had some.. stuff to do.<< Baekhyun was turning red just from the thoughts of him weekend, while Taemin was trying so hard not to think about how he would greet Minho once he saw him.

>> You okay?<< Baekhyun asked with a worried glance.

>> Yeah im fine. I just feel a little sick today.<< he lied.

>> Try not to hack-up on my new shirt, yeah? Chanyeol just bought it for me. << Baekhyun said. It was in his own way of worring for the younger.>> I'll do my best.<<

 

~~Taemin pov ~~

By third period I had given up on looking for Minho. It was like he just disappeared.

Guys were coming up to me all day trying to flirt with me because Minho wasn't there to stop them. When the third person came to me i swore to myself i was ready to mush his face in.

>> Hey there y th- anhgggs<<  I ended up smacking the next guy before he could even finish his sentence.

He stood there in shock for a second before he started to get angry. But i didn't care. Turning to back to my locker I slammed the door and walked away. I was walking with my headphones on toward the cafeteria for lunch when someone snatched me up from behind and took me into the stairs leading to the roof.

I would've done some real damage to the guy's boy bits if not for me recognizing warmth emitting from the arms that were wrapped around me.

It wasn't long before he set me down. As soon as he did i attacked his chest with my fist.

 

>> You stupid frog! Where were you all day! Do you know how much I went through?!! And why didn't you text me back!!!! << I shouted at him, still pounding his chest. >> I'm sorry Taem. <<

>> Yah! Sorry doesn't keep people out of jail or from being eaten by a giraffe!! <<

He looked up at me, confusion written all over his face >>A giraffe? Really Taem?<< The taller boy doubled over in laughter.

>> Don't laugh at me,<< I whined with a pout. >> Those things are dangerous.<<

>> Aigoo Taeminnie.<< Minho pinched my cheeks and leaned toward me.

 

 

Dugeun dugeun

 

 

His chocolate brown eyes bore into mine.

 

 

Dugeun dugeun

 

 

His lips. Getting closer and closer to mine.

 

 

Dugeun Dugeun

 

 

My eyes fluttered close and then...

 

 

His laughing halted suddenly and he jerked back a few steps, clearing his throat his eyes stayed glued to the ground. At his sudden movement my heart felt like it had wrapped in a thorn bush.Ran over by six buses. It was getting harder and harder to keep convincing myself that i didn't feel anything for Minho. One at a time I opened my eyes.Deciding it was better to talk than sit around in silence i asked him why he brought me up here.

>> I was wondering if you thought anymore about what i said. << Minho peeked at me from the corner of his eye. I sighed and walked over to the little bench that was by the railing. After a few moments went by i finally spoke.

>> Minho. You're a great guy and all but.. I can't.. I just..<< The words were all there right at the tip of my tongue, but that was as far as they would go.

>> Can't you at least try to give me a chance? It's not like you're going back to where ever you think you came from. And it doesn't even have to be for a long time. Please Taemin-ah.<< Minho had come to kneel in front of me during his little speech.

I was doing everything i can to not look in his eyes. Finally curiosity got the best of me. He was looking at me with the most adorable, sad little frog-puppy eyes I'd ever seen. And that's when I felt it. The wall that I was trying so hard to build was crumbling down right then and there. A big sigh left my mouth.

>> You just know how to convince a person don't you. << I muttered just barely loud enough to for him to hear, hoping that he wouldn't. But he did. And he jumped up with a renewed spark in his eyes. He ran around the roof top screaming in happiness, and jumping in the air while pounding his fist into the air. It was the same reaction he did when he made the last winning goal at last years soccer competition.

It was cute to watch Minho, the cold to the heart, quiet, mysterious one, act so freely and I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face also.

Hearing my giggles seemed to remind him that i was indeed still there with him and he calmed down a little, a slight blush making its way to his cheeks. He ran back to me and, for the second time today, wrapped me in one of his big warm hugs. I relished in the way his arms were strong yet gentle and fit perfectly around my body.

He pulled away just enough to give me a quick kiss before pulling me back in and whispering in my ear. >> You won't regret this! I swear it!. <<

As we were about to go back down to finish classes he suddenly grabbed me by the wrist.

"Wait. We have to make this official." he said excitedly.

"How do we do that?" I asked him nervously.

" First we have to give each other something remember the other by. Then we switch something that everyone knows is only ours."

We both thought for a moment before minho turned me around by the shoulders.

As he hooked something around my neck he began speaking.

 

"This is what you can remember me with. My great grandfather gave it to me."

I turned around and looked into his eyes. "Are you sure you should give this to me? It means alot to you."

Minho cupped my cheek with one hand and the warmth of his hand spread all over me.

"You mean so much more to me."

"I feel bad because I don't know what to give you. The only thing I have is.." I paused to think.

The only thing I had close to my heart was the bracelet my mother gave to me before she died.

 

I quickly took off the bracelet and gave it to minho before I changed my mind. "Promise me you will take care of it." I ask looking into his dark orbs. I was looking for something in him to trust.

In them I saw much more than that.

I saw love and trust and protection and honesty.

"I promise." he said. We shared a quick kiss before we swiftly traded the last item.

I gave him my scarf that I always wore to school and he gave me his class ring.

 

As soon as we entered the class room everyone stopped talking. Whether it was because we were still holding hands or we had switched items i didn't know, but i was uncomfortable just standing at the front of the room. Minho noticed and lead me to my seat before taking his own. For the whole rest of the day Me and Minho were asked tons of questions and only about three got answered.

"If this is how the other students react to us then just imagine when Key finds out." Minho laughed. I, on the other hand, only groaned at the thought of all the 'motherly talks' Key would force me into.

"Lets just hope we can get some peace before the storm." I sighed and Minho hugged me close.

"YAH! LEE TAEMIN!!"

"Well there goes your peace." Minho said while laughing.

Key came barreling through the classroom door with an enraged look on his face. "How could you not tell me about this?"

"Key hyung it only happened, like 15 minutes ago."

"Well then i should have found out 16 minutes ago and not from big mouth Bora either!"

I blew a big breath of air out and rolled my eyes a bit. "Well if it makes any difference to you, Minho and i are nothing serious." I missed the slight look of dissappointment dance across Minho's face. "And isn't it better to be with Minho than some strange man my 'parents' would arrange?"

At those words Key hyung calmed down a little.

" Yeah I guess so." To minho, "But i better not catch you trying to deflower my son, okay pretty boy!"

 

Minho turned to me and said, "Does he really have to swing his hips like that when he walks away?"

"Yah!" i playfully put my hands over his eyes. " If you kees looking at him like that i'll take back my scarf and bracelet!"

He chuckled and removed my hand, only to kiss my palm.

KYAAAA!!!!!!

What's that sound you ask? Oh you know. Just all of the girls' ovaries exploding and about a hundred nose bleeds.

No biggie really.

I clear my throat and awktract my hand. "Uhhm Minho..can we take things slow? Like super super slow? Like a turtle riding on snails slow?" i ask.

Again that look of dissappointment and heart break only this time i pretend not to see it.

" Yeah sure. What ever you want Taemin." Minho said turning to fce the board. Ouch. he didn't even call me by my nickname...

just then the teacher walked into the room.

if there is one thing i still havent gotten used to in all my time here, its the teachers. They hardly ever teach. most of the time they dont even stay in the class for more than 10 minutes, 12 if we get lucky.

Once the whole school got to witness, via the announce speakers, two teachers hooking up during lunch hour.

worst two minutes, fourty-two seconds of my life...

 

"Alright listen up little kiddies. i've got a hot date in twenty and a sore rump to boot, so get out your books and lets do soome leisure reading. You all have the privelege to read to you hearts content. As long as your leisure reading is in the math or science books." he said all in one big breath.

"Joon sungsaengnim-" "its hyung." "Joon hyung... we cant do any work today.there is a new couple as of twenty six mintues ago!" some kid with a mmonkey backpack said. what was his name again? eunherk? eunhwok? monkey boy?

"Well then that makes my job a lot easier! the faster everyone points out the lucky bastards, the faster they get to go makeout in the squater, and the faster i get to let my dubu bless me with his god given staff."

Aaaaand there goes my lunch. while i was busy mentally puking my brains out all the other students pointed to minho and i.

"Stand up froggy. you look a little different. not sure if its the hormones but i suddenly want to you...too bad your taken huh?"