Part 9

On Rainy Days (Junhyung Version)

"I couldn't trust you on that." Hara mutters, her eyes look down on her mug. "You obviously conveniently forgot about 'love' months ago. The day you let go of me, you have forgotten everything we had. You forgot about me and you forgot about us." Hara lets the warm chocolate spread inside her. 

She needs this after all. She realizes that they need to talk, like this. A simple heart-to-heart confession. Regrets, apologies, and everything sure can be poured right at the moment. Ever since he got into CUBE ent as a trainee, they had grown apart, for some reasons like his tight schedule on training.

It was troubling, but they fought for their relationship at least. But then he just had to do that, and everything fell apart in the blink of an eye. And now he wants to fix it.

"We should have known that no matter how much we tried before, we would still end up to our own way. We just couldn't be together, you know. It's hard. Why don't you just leave me alone, sort things out by yourself, and come when I'm ready to face you again?"

Her words strike him. "Hara." He breathed her name. Tears have gathered in his eyes, but he blinks them away, doesn't want to be stamp as a weak man. But even a simple heartbreak could make the strongest guy kneel down. "I've been sorting things out for the past weeks. Can't you give me a chance to make this over again?"

She shakes her head, biting her lips in hesitation. She doesn't want to give a chance for him. No matter how much she wants to, the thought of the pain hurt so much. She recalled the memories of her crying at night after their broke-up. It was so bad, almost as if she was dying.

She didn't eat for weeks, and she had been absence at her University although it was her last year in it. And for failing the class, she had to start over the last semester once again. And by the time she heard her failure, she had determined not to do the same mistake twice, and becoming a loner for few months already.

Everything was because of him.

"Do you know that I start over my last semester?"

Her question doesn't shock her. He has known about the bad news. Slowly, he nods his head. "I know. Nicole told me one day. She was like raging mad at me and threatened me that if I look for you again, I'll be dead in her hand." He almost chuckles at the memory, but Hara's crestfallen face stops him from it.

"You knew and you never say anything?" Hara's voice cracks. "I knew you were lying when you said you still love me. Everything is bull!" It is true that she has nearly believed the love he said, but everything just had to be another lie.

It pains her to know that.

Junhyung alarmed, quickly standing up. "No, no! Listen to me, Hara! I don't lie when I said I still love you. And I'll never love anyone else but you. I'm serious." Junhyung reasons. "I'm afraid, Hara. I was afraid. I was afraid you'll reject me after what I had done to you and couldn't go to comfort you when you needed me the most, all because I'm afraid. I was hoping that one day, when you're kind enough to forgive for everything I had done, I'll come back. And trust me, I wasn't planning to come today." He says, eyes looking straight into hers. "I wanted to see you smile again like you used to be, and if one day you smile that way, that's my cue to come again."

"But then..... the rain today was reminding me of our memories, and everything came back, just like how it was to when the first rain after we broke up poured down. But those times, I couldn't move my feet and silently watching the rain. Today... I don't know what had come to me, but the last thing I knew was that I've already standing right in front of your house, praying that you'll come out so that I could see you."

He sounds so sincere that a tear slips from her eyes, and her body trembles. He reaches out and pulls her into a warm, tight embrace.

"Trust me this time. Please. I won't let you down."