Jongup ~ Hauntings

B.A.P Psycho Series

 

You were standing today in front of a large mansion-like house, its’ roof resembling an ancient castle. A day ago, your boyfriend had randomly surprised you at your own home, stating that he wishes to bring you to a short holiday with him along with the other members of B.A.P.

Little did you know that this was something he had planned with your parents and you obliged easily. After all, who could resist the irresistible Moon Jongup?

“Woah, what a house.” You whistled as you walked through the front gates. “How did you booked such a place?”

“He didn’t. He owns it.” A giggling Himchan runs past you as he opened the front door. “Ready guys?”

“You own the place?” You asked incredulously to Jongup who only shrugged his shoulders as he held your hands to the door.

“It’s a family heirloom.” He replied nonchalantly. “Come on inside.”

With Himchan and Zelo already storming pass at the front, Jongup led you and the rest to his humble abode. However, humble was an underestimation. Chandeliers hung from the high ceilings were old and vintage and the grand staircase in the middle was astounding.

“And to think you only had $13 for hamburgers.” Youngjae sulked. “If I knew then, I would have squeezed your wallet dry.”

“Hyung!” Zelo suddenly shouted. “There’s a beach right behind! What in the world?!”

“B-Beach?!” Daehyun pushed the maknae out of the way as he peeked through the back window. “Yah! What are we waiting for? Let’s play soccer!”

“Guys, I think we should unpack first.” Yongguk warned sternly. “Besides, it’s getting late. It’s almost 7pm and the sky’s getting darker. Maybe we should have dinner first as well.”

“We can have a bonfire!” Zelo added excitedly while turning to Jongup. “Can we?”

“And maybe we can tell scary stories!” You felt a hand creeping up your back and screamed.

Turning around, you see a laughing Himchan on the floor, obviously amused at how afraid you were.

“Wow, Su Jeong wants to tell scary stories but she’s scared herself!” Himchan cackled and you kicked him slightly in his shoes.

“Is this house haunted?” Youngjae asked warily.

“I personally don’t think it is but there has been some murder stories passed down from a long time ago.” Jongup patted your head as he saw how wide-eyed you had become.

“You know guys. I think let’s forget about unpacking for a while.” Yongguk announced. “Let’s tell scary stories!”

Daehyun laughed as he raced Zelo to the door immediately. “Whoever gets to the beach last is a loser!”

You too, can’t help but run.

--

“Ergh, it’s so cold.” Zelo whined as he snuggled in closer with you. “I’m glad there’s noona.”

His dreams were outlived when Jongup suddenly squeezed in between the both of you. His eyes glared at a chuckling Zelo who rolled his eyes and proceeded to sit beside Yongguk instead.

“The fire’s there for a reason you know.” Jongup pointed at the neatly made bonfire and the members laughed, knowing that he was jealous.

“So,” Daehyun clapped his hands in anticipation. “What are the scary stories, Jongup?”

“The first one has to do with a murder in one of the rooms.” He started off and you felt a chill up your spine.

Looking around, the only visible sight was the ocean and the moon; nothing else could be seen except for the group. You could tell that the members were embracing themselves for some scary bits and you noticed how close they’ve sat with one another. Feeling slightly timid, you nestled your head against Jongup’s chest and you felt his hands hugging you in tight embrace.

“Whose room?” Youngjae questioned but sighed when he heard the answer.

“The room beside yours and Daehyun hyung.” His eyes gleamed. “The rumors were that one of the many owners of this house, Do Won, was infatuated with a young girl named Shin Ae living in another state. However, the girl refused to reciprocate his love because she already had a lover.”

“What happened then?” Yongguk was absorbed in the story.

“One day, the girl came to his house to ask him if he would accept her. She said that she had broken up with her lover because she realised that she loved him. However, Do Won dismissed her, knowing full well that she was just after his money. Besides, he had already found someone he loved.”

“How did she die?” You turned to the person who asked the question and found out that it was Himchan. With all due honestly, you didn’t know that Himchan could be so… serious.

“Well, she threatened to find the girl that he was committed to and kill her, so Do Won got into a fit and it was said that he killed her with his keys, making sure she never got to his lover.” Jongup ended the story.

“Creepy.” Daehyun mumbled as he rubbed his hands together to eliminate the sudden surge of fear. “Any more stories?”

“This happened in the kitchen.”

“Oh man, someone wouldn’t dare leave his room to have his midnight snacks anymore.” Youngjae laughed at Daehyun only to get smacked in the head.

“Another owner, Chi Hoon, was coming back home after a long time of not returning from the city. When he reached home, however, he found a couple pretending to be the owners of his house.”

“Woah. Talk about being good burglars.” Yongguk sputtered out, only to get ignored.

“What did he do?” You asked your boyfriend and you felt his body shuddering against yours.

“He had politely requested them to leave but they threatened to kill him to keep his mouth shut. It was said that the husband had grabbed Chi Hoon to the kitchen to kill him with a chopper but failed. Instead, Chi Hoon blocked the attack and in that midst of chaos, had accidentally chopped one of the husband’s fingers.”

“Eew!” You and the other members of B.A.P squealed in disgust.

“Yeah. In his shocked state, Chi Hoon killed the couple by chopping them up into pieces.” Jongup quickly ended his second story. “Can we stop telling scary stories now?”

“T-That’s a good idea. I think it’s time for us to eat.” Himchan stammered.

“Oppa, you still have the appetite after that story?” You felt yourself getting nauseous just thinking about it.

“Hey, I’ll go grab some marshmallows, all right?” Jongup stood up and made his way to the house.

“Need any help?” Yongguk offered but the former declined.

“Those are some gory stories.” You clucked in disapproval while Zelo took his rightful seat beside you.

“Why noona? Are you still scared?”

You nodded your head only to be laughed at by Daehyun.

“Why? Afraid that we’ll scare you to death without your bodyguard boyfriend?” Youngjae teased and you blushed, knowing that the members loved teasing your relationship.

“Yah! What are you kids doing here?” An unknown voice called out from behind.

In that split second, you had wanted to scream but seeing how Zelo had jumped in surprise, your motherly instincts took care of the younger boy first. Seeing the older members getting shocked was pretty funny as well.

Turning around, you saw an old lady probably about 70 years of age, shaking her head at the group.

“We’re having a bonfire, grandma.” Yongguk was the first to respond. “We live nearby.”

“That can’t be it.” The grandma was suspicious. “The only nearby residence belongs to the Moon Family. You kids don’t look like you belong there.”

“Oh of course not!” Himchan quickly piped in. “It belongs to one of our friends, Jongup. We’re all here for a holiday.”

“J-Jongup?” The old lady stammered. “Moon Jongup? He’s here?”

“Yes.” Youngjae added nervously. “Why? Do you know him, grandma?”

Silence dawned for a moment and you felt the atmosphere turning weird. Feeling cautious, you dragged Zelo by his hand to sit by Yongguk while you yourself sat beside Himchan. Daehyun and Youngjae were together but none of you were in close proximity with the old lady.

After all, one can never be too careful.

“Know him? Of course I know him! He’s the devil!” The grandma shouted.

You raised your eyebrows at this sudden revelation. Jongup? The Devil?

Someone’s a little loony… You thought to yourself.

“I think you misunderstand. Jongup’s not a devil. He’s one of the sweetest boy we have ever met.” Yongguk replied seriously and you saw how Daehyun had tried to stifle in his laughter.

“If he isn’t, he wouldn’t have killed those poor people.” The old lady was adamant about her perception on your boyfriend.

“K-Killed?” You asked incredulously. “Jongup didn’t kill anyone.”

“Of course he did!” She retorted. “I saw him bringing that girl’s dead body into the ocean just a few days ago!”

“He was in Seoul all these while. It wasn’t him.” You could sense that Daehyun was getting annoyed but was being polite because the woman was old.

“Poor little Shin Ae.” The grandma sighed as she walked away. “Her only mistake had been to love.”

The cold wind blew and you felt a sense of relief as the woman walked away, leaving the group alone. Seeing how she didn’t elaborate much afterwards had you firmly believe that she was a lunatic. Looking up, you saw Jongup strolling in, his hands full of marshmallows.

“Hey guys. I’m back. Did I miss anything?” He asked as he put the marshmallows on the sandy sand.

“Yeah you did. There was a crazy old grandma but she walked away.” Zelo explained as he quickly tore open a packet himself.

“Grandma?” Jongup turned to you, confused, but you shrugged your shoulders.

“Ignore him. Now let’s eat!” You took a stick and poke through a few marshmallows.

As the night went on, you couldn’t help but think of the old loony woman. Who was she? What did she want? How did she knew of Jongup?

“Hey, Su Jeong?” You heard Yongguk whispering to you and you looked up.

“Yeah oppa?”

“Me and Himchan have something urgent to tell you.”

“What is it?”

You saw how Yongguk paused as he stared at Himchan who was with the other boys.

“I-I can’t tell you now.” He stuttered.

“Oh Oppa! Come on!”

“Su Jeong noona!” Jongup came up to you and your whiny self disappeared.

“Hmm?”

“We’re going to play soccer now. Do you want to join?”

You shook your head and sighed. “I’m not in the mood to play soccer.”

“Okay, you can take care of Himchan hyung then. He’s hurt.” The boy replied optimistically before turning to Yongguk. “Hyung, you coming?”

“Nah. If I joined, there would be an odd number. The four of you can go play.” Yongguk laughed.

“Suit yourself. See you later, noona.” Jongup kissed you on your cheeks before running towards the others.

“Okay, now spill.” You turned to Yongguk and Himchan. “What did you guys wanted to tell me?”

Before you could say more, Himchan had dragged you down to sit as the three of you looked on at the four boys playing soccer.

“You have to promise that you won’t scream or shout or have any excessive actions.” Himchan warned you but he continued looking straight ahead.

“Promise!”

“You know the old woman?” He continued. “She said that Jongup killed a girl name Shin Ae, right?”

“Uhuh…”

“And when Jongup was telling the story, he said that the owner, Do Won, killed a girl name Shin Ae. That’s what we all heard, right?” Himchan turned to you as Yongguk took out his phone.

“Yeah. The grandma probably heard about it before she came to scare us.” You grumbled.

“Take a look at this.” Yongguk stuffed his phone into your hands.

Feeling annoyed, you growled at both boys but continued reading the contents anyway.

Lee Shin Ae, 19, found dead at sea. Police says that body has been stabbed before disposal. Keys are suspected to be weapon at use.

“W-What is that?” You stammered as you turn to Yongguk for an answer.

“You saw what we saw.” He sighed and scratched his head in frustration. “The article also stated that the autopsy revealed that the girl died on approximately 1900 hours on 27th February.”

“Wasn’t that a few days ago?” You felt a chill resonating through your body.

“Just like what the grandma said.” Himchan uttered softly.

“But it can’t be!” You turned into a smile. “You guys said yourselves that Jongup was in Seoul!”

“27th February was the day where he took leave from training, saying that he had to meet his family.” You could hear the strain in Yongguk’s voice.

“I texted his mum just now if we could visit her next week and she replied so happily, saying she hasn’t seen her son in 2 months. What does it mean, then?” Himchan quavered.

“D-Do you t-thin-” A thought flashes through your mind as you continued watching the four boys playing soccer from afar.

“Do we think that he killed the couple as well? Yup.” Yongguk bit his lips. “I found an article of a couple’s body pieces found at sea 4 months ago.”

“Date of death is the same day of when Jongup takes his leave to go back home.” Himchan continued.

“What do we do now?” You questioned the two older ones, fear evident in your voice.

“We don’t know, Su Jeong, we don’t know.”

Heavy feelings filled the air as the three of you continued watching a certain young man playing soccer.

For the night sky had never once been so dreaded before.

-

A/N The ending is up to your imagination! (; Honestly, I didn't think I would write such a long piece for Jongup's one shot. He sure is crazy. Hope you guys like it anyway! Love and Criticisms are more than welcomed! ^^