How it all started

Life As A Gangster

Injae was walking back home. It is dark outside. She had to walk home late because she had a club meeting. Normally, Ina, her older sister, would come to pick her up but she had work.

Injae really hate walking home alone because she is afraid to be alone. Suddenly, she heard some sounds. Injae stopped her tracks and look around. She thought it was just a ghost that is trying to scare her so she just continued to walk.

Injae heard the sounds again and stopped her tracks again. The sounds seem to be close. She was sure it was not a ghost. Injae cupped her right ear and listened closely. She heard sounds of someone screaming.

Injae ran to the source of the sounds. She ran pass a wall and saw a couple of boys. Not wanted to be seen, she hid behind the wall and spied on them. Injae recognized them as the school's biggest bullies and the victim was a nerd at her school whom she recognized him to be Kwon Woobin.

The leader started to kick Woobin on the stomach before he started to talk.

"I told you to finish our homework, didn't I?" He said as he kept on kicking Woobin.

Woobin didn't reply but he just screamed in pain.

"Didn't I?!" The leader shouted at him as he kicked harder.

Injae gasped as she backed up but to step on a branch which it cracked. Her gasp got louder as she her heels and run away as fast as she can.

"Yah! Get back over here!" One of the boys shouted.

Injae cursed as she started to run faster. She could hear footsteps behind her and she knew it was them. Injae kept on running but before she knew it someone grabbed her right arm and pulled her. She was about to fall when she was wrapped in something warm.

Injae heard footsteps running pass by her but she stayed in her position. After the footsteps were gone, she slowly pulled away and her eyes widened in surprise at the man in front of her. It was Choi Sungmin.

"C-Choi S-Sungmin?!" Injae stuttered.

Sungmin cocked his head to one side before rolling his eyes.

"Yes. What does it look like?" He asked.

"O-Oh, s-sorry." You bowed.

"Why are they after you?" Sungmin asked as he nodded his heads towards the boys that passed by them earlier.

"Well, they caught me spying on them." Injae replied.

"Why were you spying on them?" Sungmin asked.

"I just happen to pass by and I saw them bullying Kwon Woobin." Injae replied.

"Kwon Woobin...Oh. That nerd at my school." Sungmin snapped.

"You know you're in danger." He said.

"Yeah, I know. Tomorrow, they're going to bully me." You said.

"No, not that type of danger. It's worse than that." Sungmin said.

"What does that mean?" Injae asked.

"Just go home. It's getting late." Sungmin said before leaving.

Injae didn't know what to do so she ran all the way home. When she arrived, Ina was not there because she was at work. Injae sighed as she closed the door and locked it. She thought about Sungmin's words.

Injae was starting to get scared. She shook her head before taking a shower and fall asleep. Maybe it's just nothing, she hopes.

~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Injae woke up and did her daily morning routines. She ate a bowl of cereal before walking to school with Ina. Injae didn't tell Ina about what happened last night because she doesn't want to get her sister involved.

As she was about to pass the school gates, a group of boys surrounded her and Ina. Injae recognized them as the group of boys who bullied Woobin last night. Now, she was getting scared.

"Who are you guys?" Ina asked in annoyance.

"You should ask the little cutie beside you." The leader sneered.

Ina turned to face Injae, who mouthed "later". She gave Injae a suspicious look before turning to face the leader.

"What do you want?" Ina asked in a cold tone.

"I want to inform the little cutie beside you that if she ever spill a thing about last night, we'll kill her whole family including her." The leader replied before leaving.

Ina stared at them in disbelief. After they were out of her sight, she turned to face Injae. Injae was starting to shake in fear. She doesn't want all of her family to die.

"Injae, what's all this about?" Ina asked.

"When I was walking back home from school last night, I passed by an alley and saw those boys bullying Woobin. They caught me and started to chase after me but Sungmin saved me." Injae replied.

"Sungmin? You mean Choi Sungmin?" Ina asked.

Injae just nodded in response.

"Unnie, what should we do? I don't want our family to die." She asked.

Before Ina could reply, someone else replied for her.

"Join our gang."

Ina and Injae turned around to see five girls smiling down at them.

"W-Who are y-you girls?" Injae stuttered.

"I am Minjung. This is Sooyoung, Jimin, Sunmi, and Miri, the leader of TeenG, our gang." Minjung introduced everyone as she pointed at everyone.

"So, are you two going to join or not?" Miri asked.

"Why are you letting us join your gang?" Ina asked.

"We happen to overheard your story so we decided to help both of you by allowing you to join our gang." Minjung replied.

"Your answer?" Miri asked.

Ina and Injae exchanged glances before nodding in response. Minjung squealed before hugging Injae.

"You're so adorable!" She shouted while squeezing her.

Injae couldn't speak but begged everyone with her eyes. Sooyoung got the message before pulling Minjung out of Injae who started to catch her breath. Minjung was struggling as Sooyoung back-hugged her so she wouldn't attack Injae with a hug again.

"Sooyoung, let me go~!" Minjung shouted as she continued to struggle.

"No! If I let you hug her, you'll kill her!" Sooyoung shouted as she continued to pull Minjung away.

The other three just laughed at them as Injae finally caught her breath. Minjung finally stopped and Sooyoung let her go.

"Welcome to our gang!" The five girls shouted before they all squeezed Ina and Injae.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys like the beginning! This chapter is like a prologue. Now, you guys know how Ina and Injae ended up in the gang. See you guys later~! Bye bye! ^^