Chapter 01

Teach Me How to Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where the road stops will be unknown

The end won't be found if you are lying prone

Walking on and on with no place to go

Not sure whether to continue high or to continue low

 

There's no point if there's no one there

It's all too much, too much to bear

Searching for the end isn't easy even if it is close

You have to know what you want, what you want the most

 

Sometimes that might not even be enough

Because the search will be long and tough

Continuing on where the path bends

Would be where the road ends

 

 

Nayeon capped her pen, tossing it inside her pencil case. She glanced at the poem that she had just completed in her personal journal, noticing how it sort of reflected her own life as of now. It didn't matter though; she had stopped caring since long ago. She looked up just in time to see their homeroom and English teacher, who preferred to be called Kris compared to Mr. Wu, come through the door. His explanation was that Mr. Wu was his father. Plus, Kris sounded a whole lot cooler.

"You're late," A student said to the teacher, "again." Kris, in response, just shrugged.

"Alright, time for roll." Kris cleared his throat as he took out the attendance sheet. "Let's see who's brave enough to ditch today. Minhee?"

"Here." A girl near the front timidly replied.

Kris called out several more names, all of who were called were present. "Sehun?"

"Here!" The boy sitting in front of Nayeon shouted out as he shot his hand up in the air.

"Chanyeol?" There was no response from the name. "Oh, that's the new transfer. Little bastard isn't even here."

"We're getting a new student?" Someone asked.

"Chanyeol is a boy's name right?" Another added, earning interested whispers from all the girls in the class. The only one uninterested was Nayeon, who opted for looking out the window instead. She sat next to the window, second seat from the back, so she was always staring out when there wasn't any classwork to be done.

"Oh well, moving on. All of you, shut it." Kris demanded and continued through roll.

"Jihwa?"

"Here."

"Nayeon?" Kris looked up to see if the girl was in her seat and marked her present before moving on. He didn't personally care if she replied of not and was understanding of her situation, so he let it pass. If it was anyone else, he'd have marked them absent already.

Once attendance was taken care of, Kris handed them all a worksheet to do before he disappeared out of the class to the neighboring classroom as he did each morning, but not before saying, "Be good while I go give Joonmyeon a hard time. I expect that worksheet done by the time I get back."

The class didn't particularly care that their teacher was usually late and not present in the classroom. Heck, the dean didn't even care. As long as Kris does his job and the students pass the class, then he could be gone for as long as he wanted. Kris's class was fairly easy to pass even if you hate school. As long as all assignments were complete and you don't get on his bad side, then it was an easy B. If o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter