Accept

Accept

 

 


My best friend got a girlfriend. Her name is Gwiboon. 

She’s a really pretty girl, actually. She has a beautiful pale face, blemish free, high cheekbones, had long brown hair flowing past her shoulders and almost to the small of her back, sharp brown eyes (but sometimes, she’d put blue contacts in. Minho liked the color blue), tight lips that curled into a smile, and had this high pitched melody of a laugh.

Jinki could see what Minho saw in her. She was such a flawless human being. Minho was lucky to find someone like her.

My best friend got a girlfriend. Her name is Gwiboon.

They held hands a lot in the hallways of the school. Because it was only middle school, everyone expected the relationship to only last months. But it carried out into high school successfully—Even Jinki was proud it lasted that long.

Minho would always sit her down first at lunch and got food for the both of them. That left Jinki to have nice conversations with her. About how they hated the math teacher, how Minho was kicking on the soccer team, how Minho’s skin was so dark that he needed to lighten up, and she even asked him what Minho was like when Jinki and him were in preschool. Jinki smiled a lot at her whenever she asked questions that dealt with the childish past and would always say, “Well, you know, one time . . .”

My best friend got a girlfriend. Her name is Gwiboon.

Jinki and Minho had hung out a lot; it wasn’t like having a girlfriend was so bad. Gwiboon was mature enough to not cling to Minho like all the other girls (. . . well, the younger girls. Gwiboon was a few months older than Minho). Minho and Jinki would hang out at a gameshop and play the sample games, maybe even sneak into a soccer game. It wasn’t like they were falling apart from being best friends. Having a girlfriend just made Minho happier was all. It made Jinki happy just as much to see his best friend smile every day.

My best friend got a girlfriend. Her name is Gwiboon.

Jinki would watch them fight, and boy, does Gwiboon go hard at it. She’s like a lawyer—pinning every single point, throwing out the details, counteracting every single thing Minho says.

But it all ends up okay. After Gwiboon gets through her little pissy-stage, she hears Minho out. Sometimes Minho wins, sometimes Gwiboon wins. All in all, they both end up hugging tightly, whispering sorry that they got defensive over something so small.

It warmed Jinki’s heart that their relationship was so easy-going.

My best friend got a girlfriend. Her name is Gwiboon.

Gwiboon hated jogging, Jinki learned. Minho would laugh into the phone when he called Jinki, half whining half mocking about her poor posture and how she whined only two minutes in. He said it wasn’t a pain, but wasn’t a complete joy either. She told Minho that she wasn’t supposed to do this—that she looked good enough that she didn't need exercise.

Jinki laughed along with Minho.

But when Gwiboon had come into Minho’s room, taking the phone from his hands and yelling at Jinki to shut up and try running himself, both of them just laughed harder, leaving her frustrated.

My best friend got a girlfriend. Her name is Gwiboon.

Gwiboon wasn’t girly, but wasn’t boyish either. Minho usually went for the girly-girls, but Jinki guessed that her slenderness was good enough for him. Sometimes Gwiboon would wear dark make up and black clothes and the next day she’d be wearing brown eyeliner and wearing a nice pink-and-blue dress. Minho was always stunned when she walked down the hallways with her fierce yet innocent attitude.

Jinki could clearly see Minho was really in love.

Minho even made Gwiboon his top priority. To be honest, it stung Jinki a bit that his best friend chose her over him, but he understood. Everyone puts their girlfriend in front of friends. Usually it’s the only way to keep them, right? To make them feel special?

Jinki understood this logic, but never tried it out—well, never given himself the chance to even walk up to a girl.

And when Gwiboon tried teaching Jinki to walk up and talk to a girl, Jinki could honestly say that Gwiboon being top priority was definitely mandatory. She deserved to be on top.

My best friend got a girlfriend. Her name is Gwiboon.

Both of them were behind Jinki, giggling and snorting as he watched a really pretty—no, beautiful—girl walk by. This wasn’t any girl; this was a girl he knew since first year of high school. They talked on many occasions to make them friends, but Jinki . . . wanted more.

  “Go talk to her, Oppa!” Gwiboon snickered, “You already know her!”

  “Hyung, you’re sweating!” Minho followed along, lightly elbowing Gwiboon’s arm like she was one of the guys, “Just go ask her already!”

Jinki’s voice felt clogged in his throat and his legs were water. He was so nervous—and neither Gwiboon nor Minho were helping out!

  “Hyung,” Minho’s voice was serious, clamping a hand on his shoulder, “Seriously, Hyung, she won’t say no.”

Jinki jumped, looking at the younger in surprise, “Wh-what?!”

Gwiboon patted his back, watching as the girl walked into her classroom, “We’re friends, Oppa. She talks about you so openly. Now go!”

Gwiboon forcefully pushed Jinki forward, causing him to stumble over his own feet. Shakily, Jinki collected himself before entering the classroom as casually as possible—despite all the sweat.

He spotted the most familiar bouncy curls on a girl’s shoulder and a green braid on the right side of her head. He breathed, slowly stepping up to her desk, watching as her friends looked up to see him, giggling madly—sounding exactly like Gwiboon.

  “Junghee, looks like you’ve got a visitor,” one of the girls chuckled, pointing at him.

Junghee’s hair spun around, revealing her large eyes and lips shaped in an ‘O’ in surprise, turning into a warm smile, “Jinki Oppa!”

Jinki swallowed with a nervous smile, waving just a little, maybe even overdoing it when his eyes squinted too hard from smiling.

  “Hi, Junghee . . .”

My best friend got a girlfriend. Her name is Gwiboon.

Minho got distant occasionally with him, but that was okay. With Junghee sitting in between Jinki’s legs as they watched some sitcom, he didn’t even care what he was doing with Gwiboon. He finally felt like he wasn’t imposing on their relationship anymore.

They had double dates often. The girls would pick where to go—which wasn’t always the best idea because it took a lot out of Jinki and Minho’s wallets—combined.

Their relationships really branched off, and they were seeing each other a bit less after school. It wasn’t like they were losing each other; Jinki just guessed girlfriends really are top priorities.

My best friend has a girlfriend. Her name is Gwiboon.

They were all graduated and in college. They were all experiencing the parties and the hard work; it sort of made their relationships hard, but the managed through well. At least they were all in the same college working together.

Junghee would come over to Jinki’s dorm, bawling her eyes out with stress she couldn’t handle anymore. The school was really taking a toll on her. She’d say she couldn’t go to Gwiboon’s because she was afraid Minho and her were having quality time together—when Minho was actually on the phone with Jinki.

Jinki would hand the phone over to Junghee, letting Gwiboon talk to her as he pulled her to the bed, letting her rest on his chest as she listened to Gwiboon’s words of encouragement. Jinki would pull his hand through her hair—newly dyed light brown—and listen to Gwiboon too, smiling at her voice. Smiling even bigger when Minho would shout ‘Don’t give up!’ from the background.

My best friend has a lover. Her name is Gwiboon.

Junghee and Jinki were living together. They were both twenty-three, like Minho and Gwiboon.

Minho and Gwiboon moved out to London. Gwiboon got this big job with fashion and Minho was taking up a little business practice there. They hadn’t seen each other in so long. They’d call and write each other, but reality was taking a huge toll on their lives, limiting communication.

Jinki and Junghee were talking about the next apartment bill as they looked through their mail.

  “I think rent’s going up this mon—Oh, jagi, Gwiboon’s handwriting!” Junghee gasped.

Jinki chuckled, nodding as he looked at the letter, seeing its odd shape. It wasn’t a rectangular letter. It was rather square-like.

  “Open it?” Junghee sounded hopeful, almost mockingly.

Jinki nodded opening the delicate paper, taking out a rather formal letter.

  “Oh my god,” Jinki gaped when he opened the letter, shielding the writing away from Junghee.

  “What?” Junghee almost screamed, almost beating him to death that he wasn’t showing her.

The stupor wore off, and Jinki was smiling—not sure if it was disbelief or shock. He looked up as his girlfriend, showing the fancily printed symbols in the letter.

You’re invited to our wedding!

  “Oh my god,” Junghee gasped, taking the invitation in her hands.

 Jinki felt almost too happy. Just this sudden burst of joy running through him.

  “Minho and Gwiboon are getting married.”

My best friend has a fiancé. Her name is Gwiboon. And I’m his best man.

Jinki stood there, stiff and still, occasionally tossing his long honey hair out of his face. Why did Gwiboon decide for it to be an outside wedding again?

Minho could only stand there, and Jinki couldn’t tell if he was just jittery or shaking from nerves. Nonetheless, he put his hand on his shoulder, catching his attention and smiling at him, “Really, this wedding’s perfect, Minho.”

Minho smiled—was he already . . . crying?—nodding quickly and looking down at his shoes.

  “Hey, what’s with the tears?”

  “I’m not crying!” Minho protested, his voice so deep compared to back in high school, “It’s . . . sweat in my eyes!”

Jinki rolled his eyes with a laugh, hugging Minho for a good measure and congratulating him; telling him how this was going to be the most perfect day ever.

When the music started, Jinki pulled himself away, watching as Gwiboon’s stunning face glide down the path.

He looked over at Junghee, a small smile on his lips as he imagined it was her down that aisle.

The plan was already forming.

My best friend has a wife. Her name is Gwiboon.

He and Minho were really distant nowadays. It was six years after their wedding. Junghee and Jinki got married two years after their—and have two little boys now stumbling around their house.

They both had their own lives to live. And it was perfectly normal to be this way. They didn’t expect to talk every day, but they were still best friends.

They couldn’t not be best friends.

Jinki thought often how if Gwiboon didn’t come into their lives, maybe he and Minho would still be as tight as fingers crossed. Maybe if Gwiboon found someone else, she’d only be friends with Minho.

But that wasn’t how the future unraveled. If Minho hadn’t found Gwiboon, Minho wouldn’t be so happy—nor would he have two boys and one girl in London—, he wouldn’t have won the school soccer championship if Gwiboon hadn’t screamed his name out, promising him he’d have a ‘good time’ that night if they won. If Gwiboon hadn’t come, Jinki would’ve never gained the courage to ask Junghee out on a date, ask her to be his girlfriend, or give Jinki the courage to propose.

So, yeah, even though Gwiboon took Minho away from Asia, cut off a lot of communication with each other, unable to walk down the streets together, it was fine. Because he and Minho were best friends.

Best friends who got girlfriends. Best friends who got fiancés. Best friends who have wives. Best friends who weren’t together, but with their families all the time. Best friends who were far, but still family and as tight as fingers crossed and as loyal pinky promises.

And Jinki was okay with that.


 

 

 

 

 


----Note~----

Evening!

I had no school today. c:

This is a little choppy, I know, but it was just some pointless drabble I thought about. I wanted OnHo to be best friends and see how that turned out. It seems so realistically weird.

I was going to write so much more on it but I really couldn't move forward. I HATE THOSE TIMES. >.>

But yeah. c:

I'm working on a fic, so I won't be coming out with another oneshot/drabble anytime soon. I anticipate this fic (not OnHo) to be out by the end of this month/start of my Spring break. I have three weeks to get up to at least half through the fic.

So, I hope you enjoy your Friday. c:

Thank you to all subs, views, and comments! Anything means everything! <3

~FlaMinhoe


Tumblr