four

Catching Star

 

2 years later... 

 

It's a one bright morning sunny day when Suzy stepped out from her house. It was a small cozy house at the end of the road that she moved for almost two years. She decided to moved and live alone since it's much more closer to go to her Collage. Her mom didn't approve it at first but she just let it go when Suzy keep on begging and convincing her mother that she's a grown up girl that can handle her own life. Of course, theres another meaning behind it. To let go and forget the dark past.

 

She inhaled the fresh air and let out a small smile. Just a small one. She embraced her fragile body and begin to take a walk towards the mini garden in the yard. A mini garden that big enough to planted by a few types of flowers such as lavender, almond blossom, daisy, white rose, lilac and gypsophila. She called it, her little heaven. At first, she only planted it to occupied her time and averted her mind from him, but once the flowers start to bloom, Suzy hearts grow warm and all she feel is a plain happiness. It turned out to be one of her precious hobby. She spent most of her times on gardening. She will water the flowers twice a day and fill it with fertilizer according with the gap of times and never miss to spent her time with the flowers everyday. 

 

The soft air breeze blew making Suzy skirts that passed by her knee swish softly from time to time. She took a step further towards one if her flower, gypsophila. She reach for it, and smell the sense with a smile plastered in her face. This is the only things that can make her smile. The real smile instead the fake smile that she showed in front of the strangers. It's hard for her, to smile even when she didn't wanted to.

 

She spend almost half an hour wondering around in her garden without she realizing it. She runs into her house and check the time, it's already 7.45am. She gasped and run to her rooms to get ready for her class which in forty five minutes from now. She took almost fifteen minutes to dress and get her books into her begs. She choose to wear a red cardigan with a skirt that past her kness. She then go to her kitchen, grab a cookies and drink up her milk in one shot. It's 8.05 am when she get out from her house to go to the nearest bus stop that take about five minutes from here. She hold tight her books and quickened her pace. She sigh relieved when the bus came just at the right time. She took a seat far from the others and watch the view from her window. Not making any contact with strangers, which she seems to prefer it to be. Usually, the ride will take fifteen minutes before it arrived to her collage, knowing that she still have a time, she took out her book and read it silently.

 

 

¤

 

It's five minutes before her class started. She quickly take her feet towards her class not wanting to be late. 

 

"Suzy-yah!" She stopped. It's her friend, her one and only best friend.

 

Suzy turned around to greet her. "Jieun-ah." She smile. A sincere smile.

 

"You're late. I've been waiting for you since forever. Let's get going or we'll be late." Jieun cut the conversation and linked her hands in her arm dragging her to their class. Suzy could only nod and let out a small smile.

 

Jieun is the one and only friend Suzy ever had ever since she entered this collage. Jieun was the one that make the effort to talk to her when all Suzy did is escaping from the people around her. She always seat in one corner trying to avoid every single things.  She's known as the quiet and mysterious girl in their campus. She didn't care because she knew, that what she wanted, to be away from all the strange people. She's turning 360 degree from her usual self, the usual Suzy that was bubbly and hyper back when she's still seventeen years old, the innocent girl. Now, all she wish is she can be alone and stay quiet, she find it more calm. 

 

After one month studying at the collage, Jieun start to talk to her, spend more time with her, having lunch together and follow her around. At first, Suzy only give a one or two words to her and try to avoid her, but somehow she find Jieun is not the type of person that will never hurt her. The one that she can give her trust to. Just like that, the two of them become a good friend. A good friend that can share all the things they like, memories that will be created and a good friend that can depends on each other. Jieun even knew about Myungsoo. The guy that finally make Jieun made up her mind on how her best friend is so quiet when she's around the other people. The type that put a big solid wall between her and the worlds. That only make Jieun as a protector, a protector that will never allowed useless people enter Suzy world and try to make her the long scar bleeding again. She treasured her as her one and only best friend.

 

 

¤

 

"what should we eat later? i'm hungry eventhough I already take pancakes and sandwich this morning." Jieun pouted while rubbing her tummy. Suzy could only shook her head.

 

"let's finish this class first. Then we talk about it, okay?" She whisper to Jieun that seat beside her while looking at their Professor that still teaching. Jieun could only frowned. 

 

Two hours of class has passed. Their art class. Both of them took a art. Suzy didn't know how, but she feels like she love sketching more than calculating. She once loves math, but she lost her interest in it and took art instead.

 

"Let's go to the cafeteria." Jieun suggested with a big smile.

 

"Shall we?" Suzy tilting her head making a sign that they should go.

 

They take their turn and go to the cafeteria. Suzy choose to use the other path that's a bit far from the other one as it take her through their campus garden. It's a small garden but three times bigger compared to the the garden in her house. It have a few benches under the cherry blossom tree, a few birds house, a small pond, a couple of tables and the butterflies that fly freely showing their beautiful colours. That will be her favorite spot when she's waiting for another class. 

 

They passed by it while Suzy eyes keep on staring at it. She didn't even focus on the other things. Just when she keep on staring while smiling on her mind looking at the garden, she hit a thing, more like a person. Her books scattered on the floor while her eyes widen with the sudden contact. She look up to see a stranger around her age, staring right into her eyes. She blinked a few times thinking that somehow this scene reminds her of somethings. Her past, this is how she met with him for the first time. 

 

She stepped back. Afraid. 

 

"Suzy-ah, are you okay? where did you put your eyes?" Jieun that came to her suddenly after realizing that she was talking alone all this while. She run a little towards her and check her condition. She knew it, it was always like this, when they're walking towards the cafeteria, Suzy will slow down her pace and stare at the garden leaving Jieun talking alone like a crazy person without she knowing it.

 

"eh? I-i'm okay." Suzy begin to take her books that scattered on the floor. She try her best to avoid the strange guy that still staring at her.

 

Jieun realize that someone standing beside her. A guy with a black hair with a headphone around his neck. She never see him before. "oh? who are you? are you..the one that-" Jieun was cut by him.

 

"I'm sorry. I should be more careful next time." He slightly bowed while begin to help Suzy with her books.

 

Suzy was taken a back when he help her. She quickly compiled her books and stand up. 

 

"Here." The guy try to give Suzy her last book. She took it hesitantly without looking at him. She bowed lightly and leave him. 

 

"Wait for me!" Jieun shouted from behind and look at the guy before she leave him. "Sorry, my friend is always like that." Jieun quickly say to him before begin to catch Suzy that now far from her. She's too quick.

 

"Wait!" The guy slightly shouted to Jieun making her turned around confusely.

 

"Suzy...Is her name Suzy?" He stared at Suzy figured that now getting far from him.

 

 

 

 



The one that subscribes, voted and comments, Thank you so much!

Sorry for the long wait. Comment for this chapter too  :)