Modest Affection

The First Kiss

Minho POV

 
"Jinri!" I called down the hal to where I saw Jinri walking.
 
She turned around and broke out a beautiful smile when she saw it was me.
 
"Oppa!" She called and waved.
 
I jogged up to her and kissed her cheek.
 
"How are you? Have you eaten today?" I asked as I avoided her hand as she tried to hit my shoulder.
 
"Oppa! Don't do that in puclic... Someone might see." Jinri said, looking around.
 
I chuckled at her worried expression.
 
"Who, the janitor? Jinri-ah, everyone in the company knows we are dating." I replied, taking her hand in mine.
 
Jinri continued to look around and I rolled my eyes.
 
"Jinri!" I said, trying to gain her attention.
 
"Huh?" She replied, looking at me.
 
I smiled - she was so adorable.
 
"Have you eaten today?" I asked again.
 
"Oh? No, not yet. I just left from vocal practice." She replied and right on cue, her stomach growled.
 
"Oppa..." She said, holding her stomach and looking at me with pleading eyes.
 
I laughed. "My manager just went to get food. I'll text him and ask if he can get you something." I took put my phone and texted my manager.
 
We started to walk down the hallway, hand in hand, towards the lunch room
 
"How did vocal lessons go?" I asked.
 
Jinri shrugged. "Okay - I'm not completely satisfied." She responded, pouting.
 
"Oh~ Jinri-ah..." I crooned, "you have the most beautiful voice SM Entertainment. You don't have to worry." I said with a smile.
 
"Just in SM?" Jinri asked. She seemed amused at my up to her.
 
"Well... Suzy's voice has been pretty good lately..." I replied, thoughtfully.
 
"Ya! Oppa!" Jinri yelled, laughing and hitting me from behind on the back.
 
We both laughed and I reached back and took her hands in mine and pulled her forwards, onto my back, so that now she was in a piggy back position.
 
"Ya!" Let me down! Your back is too bony!" Jinri complained, but then she was laughing too hard to care.
 
"What's with all this noise?" I heard someone ask and I turned around to see Amber and Henry walking out of a practice room with someone I didn't recognize.
 
Jinri hopped down from my back.
 
"Oppa!" I heard Sulli shout and I expected her to hug Henry when she ran to the guy I didn't know and hugged him.

"Hi Jinri, how is my little angel today?" The man asked her, hugging her tightly and touching her hair.

I shouldn't really be shocked how Jinri acted so close to him... Ever since I've known Jinri, I have realized how easily it is for her to grow friendly with males. The first male that she became close with was Kim Heechul hyung for example, and he isn't the easiest guy to get along with. I think they are drawn to her because of how pure she is and how she seems like she needs so much caring... But I have gotten to know Jinri more than anybody these past few months and have realized how strong she is and how capable she is of taking care of not only herself- but of others. 

Jealousy fumed inside of me, however, and I held myself back from pulling Jinri away from this man.

"I'm playing with Minho oppa until he has to work. I haven't seen you in such a long time! You don't come to visit Luna and I anymore at the dorm." Sulli said to him, pouting.

I watched in horror as this man touched Jinri's pouting lips. "Don't pout, Sulli. You know how much I find that cute."

Jinri giggled and let go of this man I really hated.

"Oppa - this is Amber and Henry's friend, Chin Ho. He was Min-unni's friend from school and Amber and Henry met him through her and they all became best friends. Chin Ho came over to our dorm a lot to teach Amber how to play the guitar and Luna and I became good friends with him too. He helped me with some vocal problems. He is a really good music coach."

"Chin Ho-ssi was just helping Amber and I out with a song collaboration that we are doing for f(x)'s new album." Henry replied, putting his arm around Chin Ho.

"It is nice to meet you, Minho-sunbaenim." Chin Ho said to me, giving a bow.

I felt a little guilty for wanting to hurt this guy a second ago but it still hadn't gone away because Chin Ho was looking at Jinri again.

"So you have a boyfriend, now, Sulli?" He asked.

Jinri nodded and looked at me with a smile. "Minho and I have always been friendly with each other but filming To The Beautiful You with each other made us closer. We were both extremely sad when the drama was ending and Minho asked if I wanted to try and date. I told him that we should just be good friends because of our fans and I didn't want us to ruin anything but he was persistent and asked me to try and I'm glad he did - I am very happy to have him so close to my heart." Sulli replied, taking my hand in hers

I squeezed her hand. I had never heard her say how happy she was to be with me like this and it made me overjoyed.

"You two love birds~ Have you two kissed yet?" Amber asked, curious.

"In the drama." We replied simultaneously.

"That doesn't count." Henry replied, laughing.

We looked at each other - confused. We had never thought about the kissing in the drama never really counting. And it is true we haven't kissed since the drama... We just never had the need to. We have just been so happy with each other's presence. 

"You guys have been dating for four months and you haven't kissed yet?" Henry asked, amused.

"You need to have that intimacy with someone to keep a relationship going stronger." Amber said.

Henry faced Amber and took her face in his hands and kissed her on the mouth. Amber pushed him away and hit him on the chest, blushing.

"See? You get emotion from that sort of thing." He said, smiling at them and then at Amber. He took Amber's hand and kissed her on the cheek.

"You love birds give me the creeps." Chin Ho said to them as Amber flicked his red hat.

I saw Jinri shrug. "I don't really see a problem with it. We enjoy each others' company and we have intimate moments - but probably not the intimate you might think of." She explained.

I smiled, remembering the times when Jinri and I just curl up on a couch and watch soccer games together. I really love holding her in my arms.

Just then, my phone started to ring and I saw that it was my manager.

"The food must be here, Jinri-ah. We should get going." I told her and I answered the phone.

"Ah, right!" She exclaimed. I watched Jinri hugged the three of them and said their goodbyes as I was on the phone.

"I'll have to come over to your dorm again to help you guys out. I miss seing you and Luna." I heard Chin Ho tell Jinri. Jinri nodded her head. "Definitely. Especially since we are now preparing for our comeback."

"Are you excited about your comeback?" Chin Ho asked.

Jinri nodded. "And this album will be different then all of the rest.. We are really going to try to put our own color into it and to make it our own. I have even composed a song and Victoria unni has written the lyrics. And then you know that Henry oppa and Amber hyung are collaborating on a song together." She smiled and looked at Henry and Amber.

"It's sounding great - Sulli. You are going to love it when you hear it." Amber assured her.

"It's going to blow your mindddd!" Henry sang, imitating Super Junior's song and dance from Mr. Simple.

"You won't be able to 'get it off your mindd'" Amber said, imitating Henry's song off of Super Junior M's album, Perfection.

Jinri, Chin Ho and I just stared at them as they went back in forth - quoting english lyrics from different songs.

"Oppa, I think we should leave them alone." Jinri told me, chucking and taking my hand.

I laughed and nodded. "It was nice meeting you, Chin Ho." I asked and gave him a small bow.

"I hope we can work together sometime in the future, sunbaenim." Chin Ho replied, bowing to me and then facing Jinri.

"It was nice seeing you and I hope you do well on your comeback and with Minho sunbaenim. Be good!" He said, ruffling her hair.

She pushed him and laughed. "I got it!" 

We said our final goodbyes and walked down the hallway.

.......

"Chin Ho seems nice." I commented as we ate our lunch.

"I could tell you were jealous, oppa." Jinri replied, chuckling as she ate a piece of kimchi.

"I wasn't jealous!" I replied, defensively.

"Your face said it all, oppa. It's okay - you are cute when you are jealous." She said, giving me a smile.

I rolled my eyes and flicked her head.

I finished eating before Jinri and I wacthed her eat her last few bites. She was pretty even when she ate.... I blinked and realized that I was staring at her lips. 

I shook my head and went to throw our trash away.

I can't think like this - I feel like she isn't ready. And after today - I'm not even sure that she wants to kiss me. I don't think she wants to be in that part of our relationship yet... I don't want to scare her away.

Sulli's POV

I walked in to our dorm and took off my shoes and threw them into the pile of shoes near the front door.

"I'm home!" I called to an empty dorm I knew everyone was out at a schedule... I have been taking a short break and haven't been that busy lately which means I spend most of the nights alone. It's kind of lonely and I usually hang out with Minho oppa but he has a schedule and I wanted to hang out with Amber and Henry but they are working on their song.

I sighed and went into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I looked on the refrigerator and saw a note from Victoria unni.

"Sulli~ah!!! I'm sorry I missed you this morning!!

I miss our breakfasts with each other!! I haven't cooked for you in a long time because of our schedules and I made this on my break and my manager dropped it off here!!

I hope you eat well. Be strong, Sulli~ah!! I miss my little sister!!!

❤ ♡ Victoria Unniiii~kekeke"

I smiled at my unni's kind words and looked in the fridge and saw a bowl of kimchiguk.

"Yum!" I said outloud and took it out and warmed it up in the microwave. 

As I waited for the soup to warm up, I went into my room and got out my journal and sat at the kitchen counter and started to write about my day. When I got to the part, when Minho oppa showed up - I smiled and put hearts around his name. 

I then suddenly thought about wha Henry oppa and Amber unni said about kissing... I sighed and leaned on my hand. I'm not sure why we haven't kissed yet... We never had an urge to do... That is a little odd now that I think about it...

I sighed and looked down at my notebook and wrote, "How can he kiss a girl like me? I must seem like a little girl to him... We make each other laugh and make each other smile - but are we really fit to be a couple?"