The Beginning (Begins with Jiho)

His Name is Jaehyo

 

His name is Jaehyo.

And ever since he was ten, he has been planning his death.

It wasn’t that he was suicidal or that he hated life. He just saw no meaning in life after his family’s death. He didn’t know what to do with them after a car crash. He was so lost and lonely and wanted nothing to do with life. His relative tried to cheer him up, doing everything possible. But soon they gave up on him. Everything they tried to do wasn’t working, from buying him everything a boy his age would want to fantastic vacations in Hawaii. Nothing worked. All Jaehyo do was mope around and stare into space.

After being passed around, at least ten times, the most unexpected thing happened. His father’s best friend, decided to take him in. It came out of nowhere, really. Jaehyo was quite grateful but at the same time, he was sure that this man would give up on him sooner or later. If his relatives didn’t want him, why in the world would this man want him?

“Jaehyo, please smile at them a little after we drop you off. I know it has been hard on you, but it’s time to move on.” His aunt said, clenching her hand around the steering wheel. She didn’t agree that Jaehyo, her sister’s son, be taken in by a strange man. But what could she do? She couldn’t take him in. She had to take care of her own sons, Chanshik and Kiseop.

“Don’t worry, auntie, I will.” Jaehyo said, in a light voice that was filled with sadness. Kiseop saw his cousin like this and squeezed his hand. “Email me everyday okay? And write to me so I can have letters to read to Chanshik.” Kiseop smiled. Jaehyo tried to smile back but couldn’t. He just squeezed the warm hand back and Kiseop understood. Chanshik clapped his hand and laughed in his car seat. “He says that he hopes you’ll have a good time at Mr. Lee’s house and visit us too!” Kiseop translated. Jaehyo turned to baby Gongchan and patted his head. “I will. And I’ll miss you Channie.” Jaehyo whispered the second part so only Gongchan could hear.

“Well, we’re here.” His aunt stopped the car and tried to look cheerful. The three kids looked out the window and gaped. The house was huge and fantastic. Kiseop nudged his cousin’s arm. “Remember about the mailing part? Remember some gifts with it.” Jaehyo rolled his eyes and picked up baby Chanshik one last time. One last time before he was off with his new family, where he didn’t know a single person there. Baby Chanshik was still gaping at the house, amazed by it.

“Come on kids.” The aunt ushered them to the front gate and rang the bell. “Who is it?” a soothing voice asked. “Um…I’m here to deliver Jaehyo-” she was cut off by some squealing. “HE’S HERE! YAY!” “Naeun, shut up! Um…sorry about that. We’ll have someone pick you up soon.” The aunt and two kids looked at each other. Baby Chanshik just laughed, getting drool all over Jaehyo. Jaehyo didn’t care. Baby Gongchan made him calm.

Soon, they were walking towards the doors to the big and fantastic house. “I hope they aren’t snotty and think they are all that. If they were, I would feel bad for you.” Kiseop whispered as they walk into the house and into the hallways. “I hope not either. I also hope they don’t mind my panic attacks.” Jaehyo said, wiping some drool off his face. “If they did, you can come back with us. I’ll let you use my sleeping bag. We can go to the same school and have fun everyday!” Kiseop’s eyes widen in happiness off his dreams. “Keep on dreaming.” Jaehyo rolled his eyes as they stopped in front of the big doors.

The servant opened the doors and his aunt gripped onto Jaehyo’s hand. She was about to hand off this precious boy to a family he didn’t know. What was she doing? This was her sister’s son, Jaehyo. The boy that her sister loved to death. The boy that witness his family’s death and was the only one to survive the car crash. The servant ushered her in. There sat a family of 4.

“OH MY GOD, HI!” a boy that looked a few years younger than Jaehyo came running towards them. “You must be Jaehyo,” he said, taking Jaehyo’s hand that wasn’t carrying baby Chanshik. “I’m Jiho! Whoa, you look really pretty just like my brother said. My brother is Yong Guk!” Jiho pointed at the boy who was behind him. Yong Guk flashed a gummy smile and that made Jaehyo’s heart hurt a little. His noona smiled a gummy smile at him at the hospital before she passed away. He gulped oxygen down. “I-I’m J-Jaehyo as you said before. I-It’s nice t-to meet y-you too.” He tried to pull his hand away from Jiho but Jiho had a tight grip on him. “Don’t be nervous! You’re going to be part of our family now! Daddy, can I take him to his room?” Jiho’s eyes disappeared into crescents. The man nodded. “Go ahead. I’ll speak to his aunt here.” Jiho nodded, pulling Jaehyo with him. Jaehyo tried to follow the quick footsteps while balancing baby Chanshik. Kiseop and Yong Guk followed closely behind.

Mr. and Mrs. Lee smiled at the aunt. “Thank you for dropping Jaehyo off.” Mr. Lee said. The aunt could shake her head. “I hope you know, I don’t approve of this at all. You taking in Jaehyo into your family. I only let you because I have to take care of my two boys.” The aunt said bluntly. Mr. Lee sighed. “I owe Jaehyo’s father so much-” “I know. I know it was your nephew who killed Jaehyo’s family. I just hope you know, taking Jaehyo in, isn’t going to lessen the guilt.” The aunt clenched her fist in anger. Mr. Lee closed his eyes. Mrs. Lee patted his back and smiled at the aunt. “We know it’s going to hurt. That’s why we are taking him in. But other than that, is there anything we should know about Jaehyo?”

Meanwhile with Jaehyo, he was feeling quite uncomfortable with Jiho holding his hand. Jiho was walking way too fast and carrying Chanshik wasn’t helping him. Chanshik kept clapping and giggling as Jaehyo stumbled. Yong Guk and Kiseop had to jog to keep up with them. “Jiho, slow down!” Yong Guk shouted. “Can’t hyung! Too excited! Jaehyo is finally here! You have no idea how happy the entire household is! Even our dogs are excited!” Jiho was talking too fast and it was making Jaehyo’s head hurt.

“Here we are!” Jiho stopped abruptly. Jaehyo almost stumbled into him but regained his balance quick. “Here’s your room Jaehyo! It’s awesome! I helped pick out the design! It’s right next to my room! We are going to have so much fun!” Jaehyo wondered if Jiho ever stopped talking. He tightened his grip on Gongchan to keep calm. If Gongchan wasn’t here, he would have probably burst into tears. “Master Jiho, don’t you think you are overwhelming Master Jaehyo?” a figure appeared behind them. Kiseop and Jaehyo bit their lip to keep from screaming. Chanshik stared at the man while Yong Guk rolled his eyes. “What? No! Well, I don’t think so. Am I overwhelming you? I’m just so excited that you are finally here! We’ve been hearing about you a lot ever since mommy and daddy said they were going to take you in!” Jiho smiled, jumping up and down.

“Calm down master Jiho.” The man smiled. “Hello. My name is Minseok. I am Jiho’s personal butler.” The man bowed. “Shall we head into the room?” All the kids nodded. Well, Chanshik gurgled. Minseok pushed open the door and stepped in. Jiho followed him, pulling Jaehyo along. Yong Guk and Kiseop were right behind them.

“Here is your new room, master Jaehyo.”Minseok smiled. Jaehyo stared at it, showing no emotions. Kiseop, on the other hand, was amazed. “This is like my room times four!” Kiseop exclaimed. Jaehyo sighed. It wasn’t that he didn’t like. But what was the point of living here if he couldn’t share it with his family. Chanshik squirmed in his arms, wanting to explore this big room. Jaehyo gently put Chanshik down. Chanshik quickly went off with Kiseop right behind him. Jaehyo awkwardly stood there. Minseok smiled. “I will be back with drinks.” And he went off. It left Jaehyo with Yong Guk, who had a gummy smile and Jiho, who made his head hurt.

“So…do you want to play? We’ll play whatever you want! Hyung promises not to be mean to you!” Jiho smiled. Jaehyo stared at him. “H-hyung?” Jaehyo stuttered. Yong Guk tried not to laugh. No one had told Jiho that Jaehyo was a few years older than him. “Yeah! I’m your hyung! I mean…how old are you?” Jiho’s eyes sparkled with pride of being a hyung. “I’m going to turn eleven soon.” Jaehyo bit his lip. He had thought Jiho was younger than him. Jiho’s eyes literally popped out of his eye sockets. “ELEVEN? YOU ARE OLDER THAN ME? HOW? YOU LOOK YOUNGER THAN ME!” Jiho shouted and started throwing a tantrum. He wanted to be a hyung so badly.

Jaehyo felt a panic attack coming up. He wasn’t wanted here.  He wasn’t ing wanted here. The only reason he was wanted by Jiho in the first place was because of a misunderstanding. A mistake. Him being here was a mistake. Jaehyo felt it hard to breath and tried to grip onto something. Jiho stopped yelling and got worried. “Jaehyo? Are you okay? I’m not mad anymore.” Jiho tried to touch Jaehyo but Jaehyo backed up from him breathing hard. “K-Kiseop! Get over here!” Yong Guk shouted, not sure what to do. Kiseop poked his head out from the closet. “Yes-oh god, Jaehyo.” Kiseop ran over with Chanshik and threw Chanshik into Jaehyo’s arms. Jaehyo gripped onto Chanshik, inhaling Chanshik’s scent. Chanshik patted Jaehyo’s cheek and gurgled.

“What just happened?” Jiho asked. “Panic attack. When Jaehyo feels he is unwanted, he begins to panic.”Kiseop explained while patting Jaehyo’s back. “Oh no! Jaehyo hyung, I want you here! I just wanted to be a hyung! But I’m fine if you’re the hyung! I swear!” Jiho was near tears. Jaehyo nodded assuring the younger boy.

“Young masters and guest? Are you all alright?” Minseok came back with a tray. They all nodded. “Well then, here is some juice.” Minseok gently passed one to each kid. Except for Chanshik, who got a gummy bear to eat. After they finish drinking, Minseok took the cups and went to put the cups back in the kitchen. “Master Yong Guk?” another man appeared. “It’s time for the guest to leave.” Kiseop and Jaehyo stared at each other. It was time.

They all walked back to the living room, where the adults were waiting. The second Jaehyo stepped inside the living room; his aunt threw her arms around him. “Jaehyo honey, I’m going to miss you so much. I promise to visit you as much as I can. I put some picture and other things you might need in this bag.” She handed Jaehyo a black bag. “Call everyday okay? It doesn’t matter if the phone fees get to high. Just call alright?” Jaehyo nodded. “Thank you for caring for me.” He said. His aunt kissed his cheeks and tried to hold back the tears.

Chanshik gurgled and kissed Jaehyo. He knew what was happening even if he was a baby. He stretched his arms towards his mom. His mom took him and he waved to Jaehyo. Jaehyo smiled and kissed the baby. What was he going to do without his Chanshik, the only one who could stop his panic attacks?

Finally it was Jaehyo and Kiseop. The two cousins who had been best friend since diapers. Kiseop didn’t care if he looked girly. He grabbed Jaehyo and hugged him tightly, crying like a girl. Jaehyo couldn’t help but cry too. “P-promise to c-call and e-email me everyday!” Kiseop said through his tears. Jaehyo nodded. “I-I’m going to miss you so much cousin. W-who else is going to sneak with me at night to eat cookies?” Kiseop hugged Jaehyo tighter. This made Jaehyo cry harder. He didn’t want to leave Kiseop. Kiseop was the best cousin ever. Kiseop stepped back and took off his necklace that he loved. He gave it to Jaehyo. “Keep this okay? Something you can remember of me.” Kiseop said, crying harder.

Jaehyo nodded and pulled off his bracelet that his sister had made from him. “T-this is f-for you. Promise to keep it safe.” Jaehyo sobbed. Kiseop nodded, wiping tears and put it on his wrist. The two cousins hug each other one last time, crying hard on each other’s shoulders.  Finally they separated, wiping tears and sniffing. “Come on Kiseop. Remember to call, Jaehyo.” His aunt slowly took Kiseop, who was still sobbing. Jaehyo nodded, sniffing. Mrs. Lee hugged him and Jaehyo cried harder. Soon his aunt, Chanshik and Kiseop were gone. Jaehyo was left alone.

Mrs. Lee started singing to him a song. It sounded so sweet. He soon fell asleep with Mrs. Lee’s voice in his head.

Well, that was the end of chapter one. I hope you all enjoy it. –Does some sort of cute thing-

I won’t force you guys to comment but if you want to, I won’t stop you.

With the Lee thing and how its Zico and Bang...

Yong Guk and Zico were adopted and took on the name Lee. 

Jaehyo isn't going to take the name Lee because he isn't an orphan.

Once again...I only update on Sundays and Fridays.

Until the next chapter, bye~

tumblr_mj3nodcirg1robsqpo2_500.gif