School Reputation

Just Can't Say 'No'

 

[MC Tales: Hey Readers! In the last chapter, we left you off at with Ella gaining a new family and a new life at Tae Mun high. Let’s fill you in with what has happened so far. Ella has attended Tae Mun High for a month now and things have changed quite a bit. The student body has accepted the fact that she is an happy person and that their snide remarks don’t affect her. Our girl has finally fit in! However, being the devious students that they are, they’ve all learnt her weakness. And boy, have they been taking advantage of that. Let’s tune in, shall we?]

--

                “Ella~~~ I’m on cleaning duty today, but I’ve got something important to do right after school. Could you do me a favour and fill in? Please?” a student from her class asked.

                “Of course! I’ll fill in for you. We don’t want you to miss anything important right?” she replied with a huge grin. The girl thanked her and walked away with a smirk. Obliviously, Ella waved and bowed to the girl before heading over to her seat.

--

                “How have you been, Miss Kim?” she greeted the secretary, slipping the attendance folders into the tray. Miss Kim looked up from typing and gave her a tired smile.

                “Great. It has been a bit busy, but what can I do? I see you brought in other classroom attendances,” she laughed and went back to typing.

                “Just some simple favours. No big deal,” Ella bowed and turned to leave the office. At that very moment, a student from her class trudged into the office and spotted her. His eyes lit up and he rushed over.

                “Excuse me, Ella? Hi! Can you do me a favour and copy these for the teacher?”

                “Sure thing!” Ella grabbed the sheet of paper and hurried off to the staff room.

                “She wants 30 copies!” he yelled after her and slyly smiled. ‘That was too easy,’ he thought, snickering to himself. Ella was all smiles and skipped to the copier, unaware of what just happened.

//

[MC Tales: Now, y’all see what’s happening here, right? Right? If you don’t, let me put it in the simplest way that I can. SHE’S BEING USED BY SELFISH FOOLS! Let’s not mistake Ella as being stupid or naïve, she’s just nice. TOO nice. BUT, there’s a reason as to why she’s like this. However, that’s a story for another day.]

//

                Sandeul fidgeted in his seat, worried. ‘She only had to hand in the attendance. Why is she taking so long?’ He looked at the teacher monotonously droning at the front of the class, ignorant of what was going on in the class behind her. People were throwing around paper balls or each other’s faces off. The classroom door slid open and the boy from earlier strode in, wearing a smirk on his wily face. ‘Wait, didn’t the teacher ask him to copy the……OH, NO WAY! NOT AGAIN!’ Sandeul kicked his desk and glared at the guy.

//

[MC Tales: Let me tell you one thing, there is only ONE person in the WHOLE entire school population who doesn’t use Ella. I’ll give you one guess. Yea, you know who it is. Our buddy Lee Jung Hwan aka SANDEUL! Bless his soul…he has a heart within this callous school…]

//

               Ella hummed a merry tune as she waited for the prints to come out. ‘Looks like it’s going to rain today,’ she thought, looking at the ominous clouds in the sky. The copier sounded and Ella grabbed the papers out of the tray. She skipped through the hallways and quietly entered the classroom.

                “Here are the papers you asked for, Teacher,” she carefully placed them on the desk and scampered to her seat. Sandeul was frowning at her with his arms crossed. Ella knew that look very well. She sighed and sat down, starting up the oh-so-familiar conversation. “Sandeul Oppa, why the long face?”

                “Oh, you know very well the reason why, Ella,” he growled at her.

                “I don’t! Tell me!”

                “It’s because you keep letting people take advantage of you. I bet you have to clean for someone again, right?”

                “It’s not that big of a deal, Oppa,” she frowned at him. When will he understand that she wanted to do the favours?

                “Regardless, how many times have I told you they’re using you?”

                “A lot. I know. Forgive me?”

                “Not until you promise to stop doing favours for these horrible people,” he glared at the students.

                “I can’t do that!” she wailed.

                “And why not?” he snapped. At this point in the conversation, both Ella and Sandeul knew that this little argument would be ending REAL soon.

                “I just can’t, okay? So can you please forgive me? Pleeeeeeeeeeease?” she shook his arm. This is the cue to end the conversation. Sandeul tried to avoid any eye contact and stared straight ahead. Knowing Ella, she probably had on her best cringe-worthy puppy-dog-eyes-and-pout combo focussed right at him. ‘Don’t look, Sandeul. Don’t look!’ he told himself. But he looked. All it took was one TINY peek, and he melted. ‘Dangit….I lost again.’ He sighed and broke into a smile.

                “Fine, you win this time. I forgive you,” he uncrossed his arms. Ella silently cheered and turned back to the front of the class. ‘I can’t force you to stop doing favours, but I can help and protect you from them,’ he thought, eyeing the class full of delinquents.

//

[MC Tales: What’s this I smell? A knight in shining armour, perhaps?]

//

                Ella brought out all the cleaning supplies from the janitor’s closet and stumbled off to the classroom. On the way, she bumped into a couple of students.

                “Oh, Ella~! The person I was looking for,” Haneul’s voice oozed with false delight. “Us girls need to go get a mani and pedi, so could you be a dear and clean our classroom? For me?” she shot her a dirty look. Ella gulped and nodded her head, afraid of declining her offer. Haneul, being the Princess of the school, is capable of doing anything she wanted and getting away with it; including making one’s life miserable. Ella had witnessed several incidents in her month of school so far, and she didn’t plan on being a part of one.

                “No problem, Haneul sunbae. You guys so go or else you’ll be late!” Ella squeaked, wishing for her life to fast forward.

                “We’re never late,” Haneul hissed, “Come, girls.” She motioned for them to follow and they strutted past Ella. Once they were out of sight, she sighed in relief.

                “Are you okay?” a familiar voice spoke up from behind her. Ella whirled around and came face to face with Sandeul.

                “OPPA! You scared me. Yeah, I’m fine. Just catching my breath,” she nervously laughed and adjusted the cleaning supplies in her arms.

                “Is that so? Here let me help you,” he reached forward and grabbed the buckets and mops. ‘Liar, I saw everything.’ He walked ahead and Ella followed without a word. Every single time Ella had cleaning duty, Sandeul was there to help. After countless arguments, a silent consent was agreed upon. She wouldn’t retaliate when he took the things from her. They reached the classroom and began wiping everything down. “So, how many favours did you fulfill today?” he asked, trying to start some small talk.

                “Just a couple here and there,” she flipped the chairs onto the desks. Sandeul expertly manoeuvred the mop around the classroom.

                “A couple hundred, maybe?” he laughed, ducking from the flying rag Ella threw at him.

                “I thought we already ended this conversation,” she pouted at him and crossed her arms.

                “Sorry,” he held up his hands in defeat. They quickly finished up the classroom.

                “Thanks Oppa. I’ll take the supplies back myself, so you can leave now. See you tomorrow,” she tried to push him out the door. She didn’t want him to know about cleaning Haneul’s classroom and she didn’t want to feel burdened if he helped.

                “Yah! Trying to get rid of me already? Is there something you’re hiding?”

                “N-n-no! Why would I want to do that?”

                “Drop the act, Ella. I know you have to clean the Princess’ classroom. Just let me help. That’s what best friends are for, right?” he grabbed her arms and pinned them to her side. She knew he had her beat and nodded her head. They finished the other classroom and were now walking out the school grounds.

                “Thanks for your help, like always. See you tomorrow!” she waved to him and ran off.

                “Your Welcome!” he yelled after her and waved his arms over his head. She turned and stuck her tongue out at him and ran off laughing. “Aish, that girl,” he laughed and walked off in the other direction.

//

[MC Tales: Isn’t he such a sweet heart? Let’s hope he realizes his feelings for her…or has he? Anyway, another day of this fairy tale has ended and it looks like her life is for the better. But, y’all know that life can’t be this nice, if you even consider this as being nice. (Ella: It is to me! Don’t judge!). Misfortune seems to be just around the corner, don’t cha think? Until then, PEACE!]

//


 

Woot~! Second Chapter!

I'm having a hard time getting into 'MC Tales' character XD But he's a comic relief in this story...ish.

Anywho, time for some COMMENT REPLIES!

@reena_a_shinee: thanks for reading!

@winterflowr: kya~! You're here! Glad you like her sister XD *ijoke* I found that writing Haneul's parts are easier because I'm an evil person myself LOL *nojoke*

@hai_young: hello~~~ am I tricking you? hehehehehe we'll see! and thank you~

@kmn007: I too, will miss his swag T^T that 'aight' was my little tribute to him >_< *fail*

@JINCHAN_NJ22: thanks for the sub! Her life will get better! Trust me! She just has to go through some misfortunes along the way first >_< 

@JustMe-: thank you for subscribing! hope you like this chapter ^^

So, there you have it, folks. Hope this story hasn't disappointed you thus far >_<

See you in the next Chapter!

-greenninjapanda GNP-