Myeongdeong

The Only One

 

(Narrator's POV)

Abby followed the directions Kris gave him. She got to Myeongdeong twenty minutes after she left Kris. She parked her car in the parking lot then got out. She quickly asked people for directions on how to get to their meeting place and thankfully, they were cooperative and helpful. She was almost there and her destination was in sight. She saw the silhouette of someone and instantly, she knew it was him. Her childhood bestfriend.

 

 

She ran to his direction. He immediately saw her since he knows her better than anyone. She hugged him the moment she got there and he hugged her back.

 

 

“Oppa!”, she said.

 

“Hey! How are you?”, he said.

 

“I’m fine. You? I’m sorry if I’m late. I got lost and my phone’s battery is dead. I’m really sorry for taking so long and for keeping you waiting. It’s a good thing you didn’t leave. Mianhae.”

 

“Aish. It’s fine, silly. I’ve been waiting for only 35 minutes. No biggy.”, he said then chuckled.

 

“Daehyun Oppa! I missed you. A LOT. We haven’t seen each other for like three and a half years already.”, She said then pouted.

 

“I missed you too. Don’t be sad anymore. I’m here now and we’re going to spend the rest of the day together.”, he said then smiled at her.

 

They went shopping and played arcade games and eat delicious Korean food while talking about each other’s lives that they missed. They have a lot of catching up to do since three years is a long time already. But they mostly went shopping since Abby is a shopaholic. Daehyun can’t stop smiling at Abby even just for a second because of her childishness. At first, he was scared that Abby might have changed throughout the years but he was wrong. It was the same old Abby he became friends with ever since he was a child.

 

 

Abby was happy and comfortable the entire day because she was with her bestfriend. It’s been so long since the last time they saw each other. She’s been sad and lonely for so long. But now, she thinks that no one and nothing can ruin the rest of the day.

 

 

The both of them are having fun.  Then, one of them spoke.

 

 

“Oppa?”, she said.

 

“Hmm? What is it?”, he said.

 

“I just want to ask you something”, she said then smiled.

 

“Then, what is it? haha”, he said then laughed.

 

“What have you been up to? I mean, what are you doing with your life? Do you have a job?”

 

“Yup. I do have one.”

 

Abby was patiently waiting for Daehyun to tell her his job. But he didn’t say anything after that.

 

 

“So???”, she said.

 

“So??? What?”, he said.

 

“What is it then? YOUR JOB?!?!”

 

“Oh yeah. Whoa. Wait. What? You don’t know?”

 

“If I knew, why would I even bother asking you?”

 

“Aish, Abby! Have you been living under a rock?”

 

“Of course not! I live in a mansion. A really huge one. What does this have to do with anything?”

 

“I can’t believe it. Don’t you watch TV or even surf the net?”

 

“I do! Geez, oppa! I’m just asking what you’re job is and you keep on asking me nonsense questions! Just answer the freakin’ question! What’s your job?!?! I’m going crazy!”

 

Abby was causing a scene inside the mall. People started looking and Daehyun noticed it.

 

 

“Okay okay. Just relax, okay? Geez. You’re making a scene. It’s embarrassing. It’s gonna ruin my image. Just act cool, okay?”, he said


“Your image? What? What are you talking about?!?!”, she said.