The Meeting (Her POV)

The Only One

(Abby’s POV)

I just got here in Seoul from Miami and a friend of mine that lives here in Seoul wants to see me. She told me to meet her in Myeongdeong. It’s not my first time here in South Korea, it’s just I’m not really good when it comes to geography. It’s one of my weaknesses.

 

 

I searched for directions in the internet. I got in my red Ferrari and followed the directions I found in the internet. I easily believed that it was correct. But guess what? I was so stupid to actually believe that. I grabbed my phone to call my friend and tell him I’m lost but guess what. My phone’s battery is dead. I stopped then got out of the car and God knows where I am. I’m lost for crying out loud! Urgh! I’m pissed off right now. *pouts*

 

 

I asked people for directions but they keep on ignoring me. I asked people inside shops but still got the same results. I pouted then stared at the ground. I’m having the worst day ever. I told myself, “This day couldn’t get any worse.” And I was right. The moment I turned my head back up, I saw this guy with god-like features.

 

 

He’s so handsome. He looks almost perfect. Almost. Why? ‘Cause I think he’s the kind of person that smiles every leap year. He has this serious slash straight face on. But other than that, he’s freaking handsome. And hot. I wonder why he doesn’t smile. *shrugs mentally*

 

 

Stop checking him out, Abby. It’s bad for you. Just go to him and ask him for directions. Maybe, just maybe, he’ll notice you and help you with your problem. Oh my gosh, Abby! Stop talking to yourself *facepalms mentally*

 

 

As I walk towards his direction, my knees start to become wobbly and weak.

 

 

“Uhm… Hi! I just wanna ask for directions. You see, I’m kinda lost and I’m not from here so…” I said. I stopped talking since he just keeps on staring at me without even blinking. It’s weird. But cute. I giggled mentally.

 

“Uhm.. Hi.”, he said.

 

“Hi. Are you okay?”, I said

 

“Yes. Of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be? Do I look like I’m not?”

 

“Uhm. No. It’s just I asked you something earlier but you didn’t answer me or say something. You just stared at me with a blank face. It’s kinda weird.”, I smiled.

 

“Is that so? Mianhae. But what was your question?”, he said while keeping a straight face on. But ,seriously, when will you smile? I wanna see you smile! I’m getting impatient here. *pouts mentally*

 

“Oh. Yeah. Uhm… Do you mind telling me how I could go to Myeongdeong? I was supposed to meet my friend there. My phone’s battery is dead and I didn’t memorize my friend’s phone number so I’m stuck here, asking strangers for directions.”, I said then pouted.

 

“Is that it?”

 

“Yes. So, can you please help me? I’d be fine when I get to Myeongdeong. I’d just ask other people when I get there on how I could go to our meeting place.”

 

He gave me directions and also a piece of paper with a name and a cell phone number written in it. I rejected it at first but his reasons made my heart flutter. I can’t believe that a person who can’t smile can actually be sweet and caring. I smiled to myself but gave him a weird look in reality. He told me something funny about a police thingy and I laughed and accepted the paper he was giving me.

 

 

“Thanks… *looking at the paper*Uhm.. Kris. Thanks for the help and concern”, I said then smiled.

 

“You’re welcome.”, he said still with a straight face on.

 

 

I hopped in my red Ferrari then drove off.

 

 

 I don’t want to go but I have to but my friend may have been waiting for me for a long time already. And besides, I got his name AND his phone number. *giggles* I’ll make sure to text him later.