Walls [one-shot]

Walls [one-shot]

 

 

Every five minutes she could hear alternating screams from different corners of the coliseum. On a normal day, she would not even think about going to such a crowded place.

 

It’s still two hours before the concert and the place is already filled but more people, screaming fan girls to be exact, still keep pouring in. She scans the crowd and ponders—they look like students to me, how could they spend at least a thousand to be here? I wonder if their parents know. Heck, my mom would kill me if she finds out I’m here. That is, kill me with teasing. Why would a 27-year old respectable teacher, but still single, like me would be in this chaotic place full of Kpop fans?

 

Just then she overhears a young woman exclaim at her companion, “Wah~ This is the best treat ever! A front row seat on DBSK’s first ever concert here in the Philippines! For now I can just forget about all the pile of work waiting for me in the office and at home!”

 

She could only agree with her. A parent filed a complaint against her at school, her students had started disrespecting her, her colleagues were gossiping behind her back, and her supervisor said he was disappointed in her. One night, thinking about all these made her spontaneously reserve a ticket for this concert. Besides, she likes these Korean guys, though she may not completely understand them.

 

After imagining more than twenty scenes of how she could torture her students and that parent (just imagining, but no plans of really doing them, so chill), the concert began.

In the middle of the stage, Yoochun appears and handsomely dances to Mirotic. Then, on the left-side stage Jaejoong popped out from below and dances to Rising Sun. Junsu follows after with a very hyped up O-Jung.Ban.Hap. After him, Yunho starts popping while on mid-air above the right-side stage. He finishes his Before U Go routine as he alighted on the stage. Then lastly, as full lights flooded the stage, Changmin starts singing Hug in the middle stage.

 

The five afterwards gather at Changmin. Pose. Then the music of the carrier single for their new album plays. She can only think of three things: incredible voices, handsome beings, gorgeous dances. The girl next to her summarized her thoughts in one screamed word—“perfect!”

 

She got more mesmerized as the show goes on. She feels she’s practically hypnotized by them when she could only stare at them as they take a break from all the singing and talk to the audience. In their cute accent they greet, “Mabuhay Pilipinas! Kami ang DongBangShinKi!” She unconsciously raises her two thumbs up at that. But someone intended to do better, or worse, than that.

 

The girl on her left almost made her deaf as she scream DongBangShinKi, then, the best act, or worst, came. The girl precisely threw an egg on each of the revered gods on stage.

 

She looks at her with obvious shock. But it isn’t even a full second after when offended full-pledged Cassies, in behalf of the “gods” threw equally degrading words and fingers, some hands, at the girl.

 

It must be her motherly compassion, as a teacher, that made her hug her right then and there, and started to drag their selves through and out of the red ocean of almost anything that could soon include blood.

 

She didn’t hear the voices on stage’s appeal to the audience to be calm and to not worry for it didn’t hurt them. She only had three things in mind: one, this girl might not get out alive if she leaves her alone; two, DBSK might be wounded by those eggs, though not physically; and three, now she might also be labeled an anti-fan for being beside this girl.

 

Security men soon got to them and escorted them out of the stampede. For a second she justified the fans’ agitation to be natural since it was DBSK’s first concert and then here’s a girl who makes them think they are not welcome there. However, she changed her mind. The girl probably has reasons.

 

So they were both thrown, well, led without any choice, into an office. They both sat at the sofa. The girl was now crying. She simply patted her back.

 

Then as if the girl heard her mental question, she said, “I don’t really hate them. But I believed someone stupid’s words that if they are really kind people, then they would definitely forgive me no matter what I’ll do. I just wanted to show him they are indeed perfect!”

 

The girl cried until she fell asleep. She on the other hand, could not find anyone to ask why they were kept in there. Her watch told her that they’ve been “detained” for an hour already. She got up from the sofa and made sure that the girl was comfortably tucked under her jacket before she walked towards the door.

 

It wasn’t locked.

 

When she got out two security men, a guy in suit and the five “gods” welcomed her gaze. She sighed, out of relief really, for it seems they were finally going to be dealt with and not just “detained.” She stepped into the room again and the guys followed, except for one security guy.

 

She went straight to shake the girl awake. She stirred and immediately sat up straight as soon as she saw DBSK. The guy in suit was about to start talking when the girl blurted out words in Korean, “I’m sorry. It was all my fault. I’ll explain everything, accept whatever punishment. But first, let this unnie go. I don’t know why she helped me but she really has nothing to do with this.”

 

She was amazed at three things: one, the girl speaks Korean; two, she understood that the girl wanted her to not be tangled in this; and three, the guy in suit actually listened to the girl. He turned to her, repeated what the girl said and asked if it was true. Since there was no other truth, she nodded and confirmed it was true.

 

The guy in suit then told the security guy to her out safely. She looked at the girl warmly. Then at DBSK, her eyes silently pleading to just do anything but not harm her the way she did to them. Then she bowed her head at them.

 

Five minutes of walking through halls and doors, she was finally out of the coliseum.

 

She thought, “Well, who would have thought that some issues more silly than mine could cause greater chaos than what I have in my own life?”