BWTECS - Chapter 1

Beyond What The Eyes Can See

 

Chapter 1

 

Kibum lets out a shaky breathe as he makes his way down the street. “Why after all these couple of years?” he whispers to himself. As he walked, his eyes automatically searched around at others, checking for those who look suspicious or that might be, scratch that, that he know was following him.

Making it to the restaurant, Kibum lets out another breathe before walking in. “Hey Kibum.” Kibum slightly waves to the others as he walks over to them. He scoops out the people in the restaurant as he slowly sits down in one of the two empty chairs next to Siwon.

“Ah, took you forever. You said twenty minutes. More like twice that.” Samona says puffing out her cheeks. Kibum looks at her before sending her a small apologetic smile. “S-sorry Sam.” he whispers. The others look at him, noticing something’s not right. Hangeng turns to him. “Kibum? What’s wrong?” he asks. Letting out a breath, Kibum looks around at them. “He’s back.” he whispers.

Silence circles the table as everyone thinks about what he just said. “Who’s back?” Shindong asks. All of them hoping that it’s not who they think it is. Before Kibum could say anything, a voice interrupts him.

“Oh, Kibum, you’re finally here.” The group turns to see Jisu walking over. Kibum nods. “Yeah, sorry, something happened at the apartment.” he says. Jisu tilts his head. “You look a little pale, are you okay?” he asks. Kibum nods. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Ah, Jisu, what time is your date again?” Eunhyuk speaks up. Jisu looks at him. “Oh, at 11am. Why?” he asks. Kangin looks down at his watch. “Ah, I think you better hurry, you have like 10 minutes.” he states. Jisu quickly looks down at his watch. “Oh, jeez. Okay then, I’ll see you all later.” he says before making his way out the restaurant.

The others then move their attention back to Kibum. “S-so, who’s back?” Heechul re-asks. Kibum lowers his head. “Taehyun.” he whispers. Though it was just a whisper, it was still loud enough for everyone else to hear and silence once again covered the table.

“Oh god.” Samona whispers. “H-how? W-why?” she asks. Kibum shakes his head. “I don’t know. He just appeared out at nowhere at my apartment.” he says. Looking around, Leeteuk immediately stands up. “Okay, come on. This is not the place to talk about this.” he says motioning for the others to stand up too.

The group does as told and stands up. Pushing in their chairs, they say bye to the workers before walking out the restaurant. Standing out onto the street, the group follows Leeteuk down the street. Almost instantly, the others position themselves around Kibum and Samona. As they walk down the street, the group keeps themselves alert, constantly scanning their surroundings sand making sure no one was able to, or attempted to break their formation.

Once coming up to a certain building, Leeteuk takes a pair of keys out his pocket. Unlocking the door to it, he holds it open, letting the others in. Making sure the door was completely shut; Leeteuk leads the group to the staircase in the building. Leading the group up to the 15th floor, the group stops in front of the door that leads to the hallway.

Taking out his wallet, Leeteuk pulls out two cards. He slides one through the access pad next to the door before pressing in a few numbers. A small noise sounds off making Leeteuk reach for the door and pull it open. The others follow him into the hallway and to the second, and middle, door on the left. He does the same with the other card in his hand with the key pad next to the door. Opening the door, he walks into the apartment.

The others follow him. Kangin, who was the last one in, looks over the hallway before closing the door and locking it. Taking off their shoes and coats, the others gather in the living room.  Walking through the house, Leeteuk shuts and closes all the windows and makes sure the blinds were all closed.

He then walks back into the living, looking around at the others as they settled themselves into sitting places. Some of them on the couches and chairs, others taking places on the floor. Leeteuk stops when his eyes land on Kibum, who sat on one of the couches with Samona and Siwon. “What all did he say Kibum?” Leeteuk asks.

Kibum looks up at him. “Basically that they’re starting to come after us again.” he says. “Wanted us to know that so they could have fun ‘hunting’ us down.” he says rubbing his neck. “Sadistic bastards.” he whispers as he sits back into the couch.

“We let our guard down too much, thinking they would come after us again.” Kangin says. The others nod. “So then what’s the plan? I’m sure that since they got to Kibum so easily, that means that they’ve been watching us. And who knows for how long.” Donghae says.

“Should we relocate again?” Ryeowook asks. “I mean, if they have been watching us, they know about our friends and families and could go after them.” he says. The others look around. “That might be true but this building is our safest place.” Kyuhyun says. “Remember the other ones are like two or three cities away.” he states.

“But remember how their connections are.” Zhoumi says. “They can only do things here. We should find a way to get them all out of the way so that they won’t be in any danger to them.” he states. “If we’re able to get them out of Korea, they’ll be fine.” he adds.

“Well for the families, it’ll be easy.” Sungmin says. “Samona’s sisters can easily go to America. And our families would have no problem with getting a free trip to China. But what about friends?” he asks. “I mean I believe nearly everyone in the school is going out of the city for summer. But I don’t know what some of doing. Or how close they’ll be.” he says.

“Yoona said the girls will be going to America with Tiffany and Jessica this summer. So they’re out of the way.” Siwon says. “But what about Jisu? If he catches on to anything, he’ll try to help. And we don’t need to get him mixed into this either.” he says.

“Ah, don’t worry. When I was talking with him, Jisu told me he’ll be going to Tokyo with Daehyun to go introduce him to his family. So they’re out of the way too.” Yesung speaks up. “Now, since it’s not break just yet, we still have to keep eye on everyone. We don’t know when they’ll try to make their first move.” he says. “We need to get obstacles out of the way before they can use them against us.”

Leeteuk looks at Kyuhyun making him turn in the rolling chair he sat in, facing the computers that were set up on the desk in front of him. Turning them on from idle, he begins typing something. Leeteuk then turns to the others. “Yesung’s right. Let’s get to moving.” he says.

“First off, Samona, I need you to contact your dad. One of our first prioritizes is to not let your sisters get catch up in this.” Leeteuk says. Nodding, Samona stands up from her seat and walks out the room. “Now, everyone else; Shindong, I need you to bring up the security for the building. Look through and make sure there’s no one who isn’t authorized is here.” he says.

As Shindong nods, moving over to where Kyuhyun was, Leeteuk looks at the others. “I need you all to get yourselves into small groups. One group needs to check the rooms, make sure they’re equipped with what is needed. Another group will go retrieve equipment. The last will go retrieve the weapons. While going through the building working Shindong and Kyuhyun to make sure our system is still working fine.” he orders.

“I’ll call Mr. Lee to see if he could help us with them in any way.” Leeteuk says taking his phone out his pocket. He dismisses the others as he presses a few buttons on his phone. As the others begin grouping themselves, Leeteuk walks over to Henry. “Henry, I need you to stay next to Samona.” he says. Seeing Henry nods, Leeteuk walks away as he presses a button and puts the phone against his ear.

Moving around the others, Henry walks into the kitchen, where he watched Samona enter earlier. He stops walking as he takes a few steps into the kitchen. Samona sat with her back toward him, her phone pressed against her ear. The quietness in the room made it easier for Henry to hear the other person on the person.

 

“Sorry it’s so sudden.” Samona whispers.

“Don’t worry about it, Dear. You three were original supposed to come back for the summer so I don’t think Minako and Raina will find it odd.”

“Yeah, I’ll tell them something can up that I had to take care of. I’ll make up something random so that they’ll be okay.”

“You sure you don’t want to come too? Wouldn’t you and Kibum be safer here?”

“I wish I would be but you know how he is. I know that those working with him don’t but he has the ability to get across seas. As long as I and Kibum are in South Korea he won’t care about those overseas, especially since he has no connections outside of here.”

“I know. And if he travels out after you two, there’s not saying what he’ll do to the others nor what he’ll do once he catches up to you two.”

“Exactly and I don’t want any more people to become involved. The only people who know about this are the 15 here with me, you, Grandpa SooSoo, Max, and the four with him. We 23 people are the only ones who need to know about this.”

“Have you told Max yet?”

“No, but Leeteuk is mostly talking with Grandpa SooSoo, so he will be calling soon.”

“Ah, okay. Well try your best to stay safe.”

“I will. Oh, also since this did start again, would you mind sending me that packaged.”

“Of course, I was already thinking about it.”

“But where to send it to? Can’t send it straight here.”

“I’ll just send it to SooMan. And he could have Max bring it to you. He has access to the building, right?”

“Yeah, all five does.”

“Good. I’ll do that. Going to have to pull a few strings to get it to you, but I’m sure I can get it to you within like two weeks.”

“Okay, thanks Dad.”

“I’ll call you later; I have to call Minako and Raina now.”

“Okay then, bye.”

“Bye, love you.”

“Love you too.”

 

Sighing, Samona hangs up the phone. She sits it down on the table before holding her hand out next to her. With a small smile, Henry walks over to her. Taking her hand into his, he squeezes it lightly before sits down in the chair next to her.

“He really wants to help more.” Samona says. Henry sighs. “He’s doing all he can. He’ll be protecting Minako and Raina. That enough is an important job that only he could do better than anyone else.” he says. Samona nods.

“Yeah, that’s true.” she whispers before looking down at her lap. Letting out a silent breath, Henry entwines their fingers together. “Don’t worry. Just like last time, everyone will be by your and Kibum’s side.” he says. “I’ll be by your side and protect you as much as I can.” he whispers.

Smiling, Samona looks up at him. “I know. Thank you.” she whispers. “But I’m not the one to worry about right now. Kibum is.” she says. Henry raises a brow. “Mona, how are we not going to worry about you when you’re their main target?” he asks. Samona lets out a small laugh. “Yeah, that true.” she says.

“Plus, I shouldn’t really be worrying. Siwon’s at Kibum’s side just like you’re at mine.” Samona says. “I wanted things to go smoothly and normal for them. I thought we all would end up happy with no problems but I guess it was all just wishful thinking.” she says.

A slight tug on her hand makes Samona look at Henry. “Don’t say that. We have escaped this once before. We can do it again and make it to where it’ll never re-happen. We’re fighting back this time and in the end we’ll all be okay.” he says.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: And that’s Chapter 1.

Woo a bit longer than what I usually make my chapters. That might happen a lot in this story.

No promises though. XD

Oh, also I made a poster for this story. :D

Finally~! But I know it’s not all that good. It’s been a year or two since I worked with the program, and I’m still getting reused to working with Photoshop.

And I had to use their trail version because I haven’t been able to find my discs with all the Adobe ware on it. :/

Plus I really wanted to make a poster for this. I was planning it way before I even starting writing this one. I think I was in the middle of writing WTD when I decided on making the poster. XD

I’m trying to make another one right now. But for now, we’re stuck with this one. >.< XD

Anyways, hoped you like the chapter. ^_^