BWTECS - Prologue

Beyond What The Eyes Can See

 

Prologue

“Geez, will you all leave me alone for a second!” Kibum sighs as he waves away the others in his room. He currently sat on the edge of his bed. In the room with him were Samona, Jisu, and Sungmin. “It’s not like I’m dying or something. It’s was just a cold. I’m fine enough to where I’ll be going back to school so relax.” he says.

Samona smiles. “The only reason you got a cold is because you didn’t think before running out the café into pouring rain.” she says. “Nope, only think that was on your mind was Siwon.” she says letting out a small laugh when Kibum looks at her. Sungmin shakes his head. “I’m surprised you got a cold since I know some heated exercise went on after getting you out the wet clothes.” he says.

Kibum blushes as the other two laughs. “Agh, shut up.” he says looking away. Jisu smiles. “Ah, it’s been a little boring not having you at school for two weeks.” he says. Kibum shrugs. “Well when the doctor visited yesterday and he said that I’m okay now. And I can go back Monday.” he informs.

Stretching, Kibum stands up from his bed. He then walks out his room with the other three behind him. “Ah, you’re really okay? You sure you don’t want to rest more?” Samona asks. Kibum nods as he walks into his kitchen. “Yeah, I’m fine. Stop worrying.” he says.

Samona puffs out her cheeks. “Oh yeah, I’m surely going to stop worrying when you came down with a fever so bad that you couldn’t get out of bed. But not, I’m just gonna go on my merry way and not think about it at all.” she says. Kibum smiles and turns to her. “I know you worried a lot. Sorry dear.” he says softly patting her head.

“But I’m okay now.” he says opening the refrigerator. “Now, where is everyone meeting today?” Kibum asks. Jisu looks at him. “At the restaurant near Leeteuk’s house.” he answers. Kibum looks at him. “You’re going too? I thought you have I date today?” he asks. Jisu nods. “Yeah, but I have a little time before hand. So I’ll be able to sit around for a minute or two.” he says.

Nodding, Kibum takes a few things out the refrigerator before closing it. “Okay then. So I’ll meet up with you all there.” he says sitting the things down on the counter. Jisu and Sungmin nods as they walk out the kitchen and toward the door. Samona looks at Kibum. “Are you sure? I can stay just in case.” she says.

Sighing, Kibum shakes his head. “Sam, I’m okay.” he says. Placing his hands on her shoulders, he softly pushes her, leading her out the kitchen and to the front door. “It’ll just be able 20 to 30 minutes and I’ll be there. Stop being overprotective right now.” he says. Sighing back, Samona nods. “Fine.” she says as she puts on her shoes.

Saying bye, the three leave the apartment. Shutting the door behind them, Kibum walks back to the kitchen. “Ah, crazy people. I told them the doctor said I was fine.” he whispers as he starts back messing with the things he took out.

After a few minutes he sits a plate with food on it, down on the table. Walking back to the counter, he picks up the cup of hot tea. “Agh, I really don’t like drinking this stuff, but I guess I have to.” he says. Hearing a knock on the door makes Kibum look up.

“Oh, thought she would have come back sooner.” he whispers to himself. Blowing on the tea, Kibum makes his way out the kitchen. Walking to the door, Kibum lets out a small yawn. With his free hand, Kibum grabs the door knob and turns it. “Yah, Sam, I told you I’m f-” Kibum immediately stops and the grip he has on the cup of tea weakens, letting the cup fall to the ground.

Kibum immediately retreat backwards from the figure standing in the doorway. Standing there was a man with light brown eyes and dark brown hair. A smirk grows on his face as he watches the way Kibum backs away. “Ah come on now. What type of reaction is that?” he asks as he steps over the shattered glass before him and into the house.

“W-What are you doing here?” Kibum asks taking another step back. The man lets out a small laugh. “What? Did you really think you’ll never see me or the others again?” he asks. “You’ve really let your guard down Kibum.” he says continually stepping forward making Kibum retreat back once again.

“What do you want Taehyun?” Kibum asks, addressing the man. The man puts a fake sad look on his face. “Aw, what’s this? Still not going to call me Father?” he asks. Kibum lets out a snort. “Father my foot. You’re just an for what you’re doing.” he says. Taehyun smiles. “Ah, still so angry. I wonder if the Princess will react the same way when she sees Me.” he says.

“Touch Sam and I’ll kill you.” Kibum growls feeling anger take over him. Kibum soon finds himself letting out a gasp in pain as he feels the wind being knocked out of him. He was now with his back against the wall, Taehyun’s hand around his throat.

“I think you’ve forgot your place, boy.” Taehyun says. “It seems we left you along for too long. You’re forgot who you belong to.” he says tightening his grip. Reaching up, Kibum takes hold onto Taehyun’s arm. “I… d-don’t care. D-don’t touch her!” he growls between breathes.

Taehyun lets out a laugh. “Still the same as always huh Kibum?” he asks as he releases his grip on the boy and lets him fall to the floor, trying to control his breathing. “But that’s how our family is. We get what we want, no matter what.” he says before turning and walking back toward the apartment door.

“This was just a little greeting today. Make you remember that you have no life where you can live free and happily ever after. Nor can the Princess.” Taehyun says. “We thought it’ll be better to have you all know that we’re back.” he adds. “I mean what fun it is to hunt someone down when they don’t knowing about it?”

With that Taehyun walks out the apartment. “See you next time son.” he says before walking down the hall. Kibum remains in his spot on the ground letting out a trembling breathe as he listens to the sound of the hall door being opened and closed followed by the fading sound of footstep.

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: And there you go the Prologue for the story.

I hope you all will enjoy this story. ^-^