Graduated from Plain Love

Plain Love

 

---Next day at school---

 

[No one POV]

 

“And that’s what happened! It’s awesome, right? It’s a miracle, right?” Mimi said bubbly. But the face of her friends show _ _ _... Yes, blank.

“Mimi…That doesn’t mean he’s given your confession the ‘OK’….” Eun Ji said.

“Yeah! Even then, why are you so happy? Rather, you’re being tested from here on,” Ara said.

“Everyone, you don’t have to be jealous…” Mimi said still smiling.

“YAH!!! We’re worried about you! ARRASO!” Hayi shouted.

“Geez, you’re getting your hopes up only to have them crushed…” Ara said why others pretending to cry.

 

[Mimi POV]

 

Why are they crying? They should be happy for me. Then, I see a familiar figure walking towards us.

“Ah, it’s Kyungsoo!” I said. They stop pretending their crying parade and wait for a response.

“Morning….Mimi…” He said.

“Morning Kyungsoo!!” I said brightly. He smiled at me and continued to walk. When he is a little far from us, I turned to my not so supportive friends and said,

“WOW...WOW…Wait…Did you see that!? For a second there, I felt that the inside of Kyungsoo head was 100% about me…”

“Well…We don’t think you two are right for each other at all,” Ara said.

“HUH…SERIOUSLY!?” I asked almost shouting.

“Ara means, you and a plain guy..Ah! she means he is plain and you are not,” Eun Ji explained.

“If it’s come to that, we’ll make you a plain girl to go with the plain boy!!!” Hayi said almost shouting.

“A…A PLAIN GIRL!” I asked in surprised.

“We’ll work together and do our best!!” Ara barged in.

 

---The next day at Library---

 

[No one POV]

 

“Kyungsoo-sshi, is it okay if I sit next to you?” Mimi said.

Kyungsoo froze there when he saw Mimi in double braids, also wearing glasses to look like a plain girl.. “Huh…Ah Yeah, you can,” he said stuttering.

“OOOOOOOH!!! The plain girl is cute!!!” Eun Ji said while they are peaking to Mimi blocking the entrance of the library.

“It’s fine because she used to be like that, right? Doesn’t she have an affinity to double braids?” Ara said.

“Then if she appeals to him as a literary girl…”Hayi said with expectation. But, opposite to her expectation, Mimi fell asleep as soon as she opens her book.

“Umm….Mimi-sshi?” Kyungsoo said while looking at Mimi.

“Ah…Sorry…If I look at words I fall asleep in a second,” Mimi said in a sleepy sound.

“PABO!!! It should be the other way around!! That’s not flattering!” Hayi said almost shouting.

 

[Mimi POV]

 

“Oh Kyungsoo oppa,” the girl who borrowed a book from Kyungsoo the other day said.

My eyes get widened when I heard what she said.

She said, “We can do the homework together if you like.”

I seem like a growling dog, looking at the other dog who is trying to take my bone away from me.

“…Ah, but you are best at doing by yourself, right?” Kyungsoo said which make me look at him in a surprised face.

The girl dashed away.

“Mimi-sshi…Your face…” Kyungsoo said. “So…Sorry…” he continued.

“My face suddenly turns into that…” I said apologetically and bowed my head down.

“Could it be that you’re jealous?” he said.

I looked at him in surprised face again.

“I…never show my face so I cause misunderstandings straight away…and I’m bad at smiling…and hiding my face with a muffler makes me feel safe…” He said.

 

[No one POV]

 

Mimi banged the desk with her hand hardly that it made the banged sound.

“THA-THAT’S NOT TRUE! YOU CAN FIND SOMEONE LIKE ME AT A BARGAIN SALE, AND I DON’T SEEM SMART! BUT I’M SLOW. KYUNGSOO OPPA’S SMILE IS RARE!!! THAT’S TO THAT MUFFLER I…WAS ABLE TO SEE IT!!!” Mimi shouted.

“Oh…And so can the teachers…”Kyungsoo added.

They got kicked out of the library.

 

[Mimi POV]

 

“I’m so…sorry…I have to talk to them for an hour later…” I said while bowed down my head.

“Oh, madam, look at them…those two with those matching mufflers, I wonder if they’re a couple. Aren’t they cute?” two old women who passed by us said to our surprised.

Wait...Lady!!! Could it be that you exposed the fact that we match!?

“Th…That’s really something! Even though it’s a coincidence!!!” I shouted crazily. I smiled and looked at him and to my surprise; I noticed that he is blushing. I stared at him.

“Just now you were blushing? You were blushing, right?” I said.

“Wait, don’t look!” he said opposing.

“Kyungsoo oppa, won’t you let me look at it at all?” I said cutely.

He said, “It’s because rumors of being with a girlfriend…It’s a first time for me…” and blushed harder.

“Your confession was a big shock for me…” he continued.

I’m happy. This is the first time in Kyungsoo oppa’s life!

“Mimi-sshi…I…” he said.

“Um…I…uh…I like that plainness…about Kyungsoo oppa,” I said while smiling widely.

“Huh…?” he asked back in a surprised tone.

“That is….How do I…Because I…I’m flashy like this….I can’t do that…I like that…plainness…” I said.

“…It’s true that I’m plain, but…” he said but interrupted by me as I said, “Y-Yeah! That’s why ever since we were in class together I was interested in…” but I stopped talking because of his action.

He took his muffler from his neck and throws it down on the ground.

He said, “Mimi-sshi, you think people like becoming something like plain or flashy?”

He turned around and walked away from me. He stopped after walking about three steps and said, “I…It’s not as though I like being plain,” and continued to walk away from me.

Ah! That’s right…it’s just my preference…even though calling someone plain isn’t complimenting them…

It hurt him… I walked back to home and cry my heart out. Ara, Eunji and Hayi paid a visit to me.

“I’m…the worst…it’d be fine if I died…” I said while sobbing.

“The optimistic Mimi has become like this…” Ara said.

“But she is certainly the worst,” Hayi said. I fell back onto my bed due to her word.

“What should I do…I don’t know…” I said.

“But it’s bad to leave it at this, right?” Eun Ji said.

 “Yes…” Ara said.

The person who thought about me. Something like being dumped…rather than that…

“I want to apologize…I want to say I’m sorry,” I said while still crying.

“Asa! Then hurry up and stop crying!” Eun Ji said.

“Blow your nose!!” Hayi said while giving me a handkerchief.

“Mimi, your good point is being stupidly honest so…why not try being an idoit!?” Ara said.

“Yeah!” Hayi and En Ji aggreeded.

 

---Next day at school---

 

[No one POV]

 

Kyungsoo walked through the hallway to go into the garden. But the voice which called his name behind him makes him startle.

“Kyungsoo oppa…” Mimi said. Kyungsoo turned around and saw Mimi bowing down her head.

“Sorry about yesterday!” Mimi said. Kyungsoo is shocked by the scene in front of him.

“That hair…” Kyungsoo said. Yes, Mimi is in the black hair.

“…This…alone might not show that…I’ve reflected on it, but…right now…this has nothing to do with being flashy or plain….I like you Kyungsoo oppa…” Mimi said.

“You listened to…my confession closely. You were the first person to actually consider me…it made me very happy…so…I’m sorry for hurting you!” Mimi continued and ran away.

But Kyungsoo is quick enough, so he grabbed Mimi wrist and said, “Huh? Wait…a second!!!”

“Huh? HUH? The first time we met eyes to eye…was when I confessed to…” Mimi said but interrupted by Kyungsoo.

 

[Mimi POV]

Kyungsoo said,  “Wait, NO! I mean, well I saw you…you were sparkling and you had many things that I didn’t…even though you were next to me you were far away the muffler was our only similarity…I would be happy if I could be as honest as you….I li…like you…”

Did I hear it wrong??? Kyungsoo oppa like me?

“I also…like you,” I said with a smile. “I love you!” I continued.

He held my shoulders and said, “…I’ll follow your example starting today…and be honest with myself,” and I felt a force against my lips.

Wait! Did he just kiss me?

Kyahhhhhhhhhh….

“Kyungsoo oppa, you’re daring…” I said with a tomato face.

“I’ll say this once. I think that love has nothing to do with being plain. So be prepared,” Kyungsoo said.

My love might have graduated from being a plain love!!!