Meeting Junhyung

In Love with my Step Brother

 

“Omma I’m home!”

I tossed my backpack onto the floor and ran to the living room to watch some TV. My eyes widened when I saw my mom talking to some boy.

“Oh Nara, you’re home?” I plopped down on the couch and raised my eyebrow.

“Omma, who is he? Why is he here?”

She smiled brightly, “He’s your brother.” My jaw dropped. Brother? What is she talking about?

“Omma, stop joking!” I exclaimed as I glanced at the boy.

Omma chuckled, “I’m not kidding Nara. He’s your new brother.”

I grinned, “Oh well nice to meet you. I’m Nara.”

He beamed, “I’m Junhyung.”

“Nara, take your brother to your room and help him unpack.” Omma said as she got up and disappeared into the kitchen.

I looked at Junhyung, “Come on let’s go.”

We walked through the hallway. The first bedroom was mine. The second was my mom’s. I opened the door and we both entered.

“You can sleep on that bed. It used to be my brother’s. He lives in the US now.”

He sat on the bed and opened his suitcase.

“Do you need any help?” I asked, playing with my fingers. I don’t know this boy and he’s in my room, alone with me…I feel kind of weird.

He smirked, “Uh sure.”

He handed me his shirts and I placed them in the empty drawers. I flinched when he handed me his boxers. I cleared my throat. The silence was awkward. When we were done unpacking, I heard my mom call us for dinner. I happily skipped down the stairs.

I sat in my seat and stared at the beautiful food.

“Nara, you should wipe your mouth, you’re drooling.” I turned around and saw Junhyung sneering. I quickly wiped my mouth with a napkin. Yummy what should I eat first? I stuffed everything into my mouth.

“Nara, eat slowly or you’ll get indigestion.”

Omma chuckled as she cut the steak into small pieces and handed it to Junhyung.

What about me? I want steak! “Omma! Give me some steak too!” I pouted. Omma offered me the plate. I gladly took it.

After eating almost everything on the table…oh man, I feel like puking. I made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I grabbed my tooth brush and squeezed some toothpaste on to it. As I brushed, I noticed a figure standing by the door. I spun around and saw Junhyung smiling. His tooth brush was in his hand. He placed some toothpaste on it. We were silently brushing our teeth together. Awkward much?

When I finished I put my brush in my cup and Junhyung put his next to mine. We both walked out of the bathroom at the same time.

I threw myself on my bed and closed my eyes. I heard a soft strumming sound. The tune was calming and soothing. I looked up and saw Junhyung playing his guitar.

“You’re so lucky! I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the guitar!” I exclaimed as I sat on his bed, next to him.

He smirked, “Should I teach you?” I nodded happily.

After 45 minutes of learning…He taught me how to play twinkle twinkle little star.

He lied down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. I sat on my chair and opened my geometry book. Maybe now I could study...

Aigoo I don’t get any of this! I must be stupid! I face palmed myself.

“What are you doing?” I looked up from my book and saw Junhyung giving me a confused look.

I frowned, “I’m trying to study but math is so hard! I don’t understand anything. I’m going to fail my test tomorrow.” I pouted as I flipped through the pages.

He chuckled, “So, should I help you?”

My eyes lit up. “Yes!”

He took my pencil out of my hand and read the first problem. “Hmm…it’s not that hard. I’m sure you’ll understand how to find the answer once I show you.” I nodded.

5 minutes later…

“And that’s how you get, x = 15 and y = 6.5… Did you get it?”

Unknowingly, I jumped up and gave him a hug. “Omg omg omg, thank you so much Jun!”

He smirked as I let go of him. “I’m glad you get it.  And what’s with the ‘Jun’?” He patted my hair.

“Oh that could be your nickname now!” I shut the book and hopped on my bed.

“Now I could finally get some sleep!” I exclaimed as I pulled the covers over my head.

“Goodnight Nara.”

I smiled under my blanket.

“Goodnight Jun.”