Heartbreaking decision

A heartbreaking struggle

I ran.

I ran till my legs gave up on me.

I ran and ran and ran. People turned to look at me. Some looked at me with disgusted gazes,some curious, some nicer and concerned glances. I didn't care at the moment. The ache in my heart is just too overwhelming. Nothing matters anymore. Tears started falling down my cheeks as I had a flashback of what happened in the restaurant I worked in. I kneeled down on the hard pavement.How many times have I seen him doing that? Acting lovey dovey with other girls even when he knows perfectly clearly about my feelings for him. Why did he have to do this?

Two months before, I felt that I was the happiest girl alive. When the hottest guy in school,who is also your crush for 5 years, finally confesses his feelings for you, which girl wouldn't? We went on a few dates, and he was the perfect boyfriend a girl could have. I was really happy, and I felt like I was in heaven However,things started to change. He started wanting more.His mood swings got more frequent,and so did his demands for ual pleasure. He tried forcing me,saying that if I loved him I would do it for him, but i refused.It was really tiring and he started drifting away once he realised I wouldn't give him what he wanted. After that, every single day I would see a random girl sticking to his side. When he sees me,he would put his arm around the girl's waist and whisper into her ear,making her giggle. At time's like this, all I could do was duck my head and run to the nearest washroom to cry. I would never give him the advantage of seeing me cry.

I would always go to class with swollen eyes and red blotchy nose. At times like this, my best friend, Onew would always be the first one to comfort me. He would wait until I was willing to pour everything out to him. Onew.... what a sweet guy. The funny thing is, he doesn't have a girlfriend, and I never figured out why. He's really good-looking,funny,caring... the list just goes on. Girls who are crazy about him are everywhere,but he never cared. There was a rumour that he had a crush,but no one figured out who the lucky girl was. This time,however,he would not be able to comfort me. I was alone,in the middle of the street,crying my hearts out. I've had enough. My feelings and my thoughts were a mess now. I really loved him. My boyfriend. Taecyeon oppa. Why did he have to break my heart? 

Suddenly, I see a shadow in front of me. I looked up,and saw Onew there. Without a word, I hugged him tightly,sobbing into his chest. He ruffled my hair with one hand and my back with another. "Don't cry. It breaks my heart to see you like that everytime." he said to me. He then burrowed his face into my hair and whispered,"I love you". I stiffened after hearing that. This wasn't him. We never said that to one another before. I pulled back from the embrace and examined his face. His eyes was watery,as though he may cry anytime. His brows were scrunched up with worry,and his lips were pulled into a tight line. This wasn't it. He was my best friend. He can't be in love with me.

"Wh-what did you say?" I managed to choke out these few words.

"I love you," he said. "Always have, for quite some time now. You just never noticed."

"Oh my gosh." I ran again. I was panting really hard and silently cursing myself for not taking gym seriously. This is so messed up. Why can't everything just work out? I hid in the corner of the alleyway. I can't believe it. My best friend was in love with me? Scrap that, my bestfriend IS in love with me. I buried my face in my palm. My heart was beating really quickly and I could hardly breathe. I've had enough of all this drama. I need a break. A break from relationships,a break from guys,a break from high school. I started thinking about what Taecyeon oppa did to me. All the good and bad times,and how Onew would always comfort me. Why couldn't I just fall in love with the nice guy? Why do I have this kind of drama on my life? I need time to think through. But, one thing I know is, it can never happen between me and Onew. Taecyeon oppa would be out of my life soon too. It's time for a new start.

And it starts with... being single.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

It's done! I'm so so so so sorry if its horrible! I really lack in creativity. Its my first time trying to write something to share it online. I hope you like this story. Give me comments if you want? I'll gladly accept them.

Have a nice day peeps! Thanks for reading this!