First Blossom: Part One, Kyu's Blossom

First Blossom

 Kyu furtively peers through his lashes. Sungmin lounges across the room between Donghae and Siwon. Sungmin takes no notice. Kyu watched as he leans toward Siwon and whisper. The resulting giggle strikes throbbing jealousy in Kyu’s heart. “Does he like that guy?” Kyu fumes worriedly. Kyu becomes lost in thoughts about his blossoming feelings for Sungmin. “How horribly weird and wonderful I feel!” Kyuhyun continues to think as his fingers auto-pilot their way through his video game. Suddenly he feels a pair of eyes resting on him. With a start he instantly flicks his eyes towards Sungmin. Their eyes meet. Blushing slightly, Kyu quickly returns his to the TV screen. Kyu can feel his eyes still on his body. His heart skips a beat and his fingers fumble as he clumsily tries to continue his game. “BOOM BOOM! GAME OVER!” the game announces loudly. “Aiiiiisssssh!” Says Kyu under his breath. Hands still shaking slightly, he quickly escapes to the kitchen. Out of the view of Sungmin, Kyu begins to feel more like himself. He quickly grabs a small bit of Wookie’s food. “Hey……” Wookie protest softly. “Thanks momma, It’s delicious. When’s dinner ready?” Kyu winks cheekily.

Wookie takes a playful swing at him for his cheek but misses. With a laugh, Yesung enters “Hey! Don’t tough mah man!” and playfully batts Kyu’s head. “Ahh! OK! OK!” Kyu exclaims as if Yesung were really hurting him. Yesung then turns his attention to Wookie. Kyu smiles softly as he watches them purposely get in each other’s way. With a sigh, Kyu heads to his bedroom. He flopps on to the bed, suddenly feeling… gloomy…. He turns his i pod on. He listens to their latest album. With his eyes closed he listens for Sungmin’s voice. In a short time, he feels a presence in the room; his body felt as if a small electrical charge had run along his length from his toes. His heart sped up, his mind began to race. Startled, his eyes fly open and he sits up. “What’s the matter with you?? This is my room too.”

“S-sorry” Kyu mumbles, uneasily laying down, his heart pounding. Sungmin looks at Kyu oddly. Sitting on the edge of his bed, Sungmin runs his eyes along Kyu’s profile, stopping at his eyelashes, the straight line of his nose, his full lips. Kyu feel’s Sungmin’s eyes once again. He turns, their eyes meet. Sungmin gives a happy smile, Kyu gives a little smile and quickly turns his head toward the ceiling again. After a few minutes, the room feels empty again. Lost in thought, Kyu looses track of time. Wookie pokes his head in. “Kyuhyunnie! Dinner’s ready”, he says sweetly.