What I Experience When You're Not Here

Please, believe me

"Hm,it's 4:00 in the afternoon already?"

It's been 4 years since Kris and I hooked up and now I'm sitting hear on one of the cafeteria's tables thinking about when will he come back from Canada. It's been like what--2 months after he left for overseas work...? 

sigh

I wonder what he's----

"Yo there! How's it goin, mind if I join you?" a chinky-eyed blonde guy said as he leaned his face WAY too close to my face.

"What the do you want from me this time Himchan?!" I said as I flinched in shock.

"Geez you're so tense all the time... Well I don't blame you. Being able to have an insensitive doubtful workaholic of a boyfriend such as Kris would put you to stress all the time." he replied with tsks while swaying his pointing finger back and forth.

"Will you stop being so ing annoying all the time?" I said as I stood up. "And don't talk to me like we're so close! We just met like--2 days ago!" I nearly shouted, showed him a middle finger, and walked away from him as I caried my tray.

"When will she ever see my acts of courting?" he murmured with a sigh.

---------The bell rang

I was walking my way to the school's exit when I suddenly felt like I was being stared at for some reason. But no worries, I can't blame myself if I'm too beautiful----wait, that was a little out of character.....focus......mmmm....okay! As I walked closer to my apartment, which is like 2 minutes a walk away from school, I could still feel the eyes of the person whose gaze never left my back..I guess...

After finally reaching the apartment building, I paused and quickly turned around to see that there was no one behind me... "Must've left already..." I said and headed to the building's elevator entrance and pushed a button and waited for the elevator's doors to close when I saw a faint image of a person. I didn't really recognize him because he was too far away from the apartment's entrance to begin with.

----------ding!

I walked out of the elevator and directly headed for my apartment number. "What's my number again? Oh right, it's 608. Maybe I'll cook something...(even though I just ate earlier)"

As I unlocked the door and went inside, I suddenly felt a certain feeling....a feeling of loneliness...I suppose... No worries, I'm just tired. I went to my bedroom, undress myself, and changed into my night gown. As I finished, I headed to the living room where the walls overviewing the city are made of glass and sulked as I sat on a chair.

---------sniff

"What am I talking about? Why am I hesitating to say what I truly feel right now? I already know from the very start that this kind of relationship will definitely have a lot of lonely moments, but....why do I keep on insisting myself that I don't care if he leaves me here because his work is more important than my feelings for him?" I said as I bursted into tears and curled up on the chair with my chin rested on my knees. "No. Of course he's doing this for me. Ever since he first confessed his love to me, he mentioned that he will marry me..." I said as I wiped my tears from my already reddish eyes and took my phone from my bag.

"Maybe if I look at the inbox, I might---" I said as I opened the message inbox and saw that there were no messages inside.

"No... He must be tired from working hard so much. Maybe if I wait a little longer, he might send a message any time now..."

-----------6:00 pm

"Just a little while longer..." I said

-----------10:00 pm

I opened my eyes and found myself awoken by the vibrating of my phone. "Kris?........... KRIS!!!" I immediately opened my phone and found out that there was one message in my inbox. "KRI-----" I said as my heart suddenly sunk out of disappointment for the sender was not Kris, it was----

               

From: AnnoyingJerk

 

Goodnight... Sweet dreams...


"Himchan..." I felt tears flow down my eyes and screamed a cry of anger and relief. At least there's still someone who makes sure I remember to sleep too... I thougth and sighed heavily.

"Okay! I'll just do my best here so that I can present something to Kris, some thing he can appreciate me giving him, to welcome him when he comes back from Canada." I said and wiped my reddish eyes then stood up, went to bed, and slept.