MORNING THOUGHTS

CHANCE OF LOVE

 

It was 6:14 a.m. when I look at the pink hello kitty head clock hanging at the wall. The early morning birds are chirping as if they are singing. By all means, my heart was then pacified and my eyes were closed. The harmonious melody echoed my ears. Suddenly, I felt warmth over my feet crawling up to my legs. “What is that? Why am I feeling warm? Is it the sun saying HELLO to me?” At a snail's pace, I open my eyes again. “Oh yes, here comes the sun! What a wonderful view of the sunrise from my window!” It’s really nice to witness such picturesque scenery.

                Still on bed rolling, I’m trying to ignore the sun’s greetings on my feet.  I can perpetually feel the heat coming from the sun.

                “Argh! You really are a beautiful view but I wanna sleep some more.” These words came out from my mouth as I get out of bed and close the curtain. “There you go, It’s much better.” With a relieved voice I utter these words.

                As I take my steps back to bed, my eyes were somehow nailed at one corner of the room. I tried to ignore it. I tried not to be disrupted by what my two eyeballs have seen. But there’s something inside of me seemingly whispering “what are you waiting for? Go, get that stuff.”

                Without even noticing it, I was already sitting on my bed with of course my favorite purple bed sheet. I got my feet rested and so with back. While my eyes are now closed, my hands are reaching for the purple blanket which I think is underneath my legs. Just as soon as I reached my blanket, I did my usual thing - to cover my whole body with blanket.

                My soul is now halfway getting out my body when a picture of that stuff interrupted my supposed to be sleep. By this time I became a slave of my inner yearning. The purple blanket I had just covered my body a while ago, is currently lifted by my two bare hands.

                The next thing I know, I was now taking my way to finally get that stuff. And as I held that stuff, I quickly walked back to bed. Bed is my favorite place to strum my guitar. And yes! The stuff that I’m referring to is my guitar. This guitar is two years old now.  I and my guitar’s two-year relationship is priceless. My sentiments and happiness were all witnessed by this.

                The strings are now strumming. I can hear the vibrations and the same old tune again. The same old tune I use to play with my medium-sized guitar.

“Hey! How have you been?

It seems like you are happy right now.

I just wanted to know, how you resist sleeping without me.

Yes, it’s silly.

Yes, it’s crazy.

But can you tell me

How can I forget you?

 

                In the back of my mind, I was asking myself.. “How can I really forget you, if almost every time I woke up I’m paying tribute to our memories through this song?” but still, the lyrics just came rushing.

“… If it’s been six years and still counting.

Hoping that you would knock at my door

Hoping that you would tell me the words that I long to hear

It’s been six years and still counting.

Wondering if you could still recall me

Wondering if you could tell me the words “I miss you” and “ I love you”

 

I stopped, thereafter.

                There is a very huge foolishness in me every time I sing this song. This is duly because, this song which I composed a couple of years ago is whole-heartedly dedicated for my ex Sung Jae. My loyalty for him never elopes.

                My hands are now slowly placing the guitar beside me. My body lay on bed subsequent to my guitar. Between my head and pillow, there are my two hands overlapping one another. For a while, I was just staring at the green ceiling. ‘I’m still a slave of him, of our memories, of our past. I’m still a slave of this so called love. Well, actually, I think it’s ok if I’m still in love with Sung Jae. That, I think, is a verge of being faithful.

                Then, the following thought that was about to enter my mind is somewhat contradicting my previous notion. ‘Wait, is it really faithfulness or foolishness?’ a very deep breath ended my thinking.

                “Hey Jang Min!” this as I slap my cheeks. “You’re down again on your delusions.” My eyes were again nailed this time at the wall reading what’s illustrated on that pink hello kitty head clock. The longer hand is pointing near 8; and the shorter hand is pointing midway 6 and 7. When all of a sudden I realized that it was Monday that day. “oh my Lord! I almost forgot, my class for today will start at 7:30 in the morning!” Hurriedly, I jumped out of bed and took my way directly to the bathroom.

                This is the price of wasting time reminiscing the past – the past that is now just a part of my history.