Beginning

One More Time

 

Riley’s POV

My phone rang again. Aish, what Adrian wants?  Turning the shower knob off, I grabbed my robe and towel, drying my hair as I put him on the speaker.

“Hello,” Adrian’s cheerful tone is heard around my apartment.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“What are you doing?”

“Before or after you interrupting my shower?” I chuckled. “Talking to you silly...What’s up?”

“Did you get the invitation?” Invitation? What kind? My head tilted spontaneously.  His laughs filled my apartment again.

“Open your door, Riles...” Aish…

“5 minutes...” Quickly I ended the call and put on my usual pajamas and ran to the door. Seeing the person infront of me I hugged him.

“Hey, Adrian…” He chuckled and hugs me back. He quickly shows me the envelope in his hand. Taking the envelope from and plops onto my couch. “Close the door…” When he did not join me on the couch, I know he went straight to the kitchen. I opened the envelope and I know, I froze there. Inside it, a card, an invitation from our school.

“Alumni Homecoming?”

Adrian’s POV

Hearing a deafening silent from the living room, I know she is reading it. I guess, I should leave her to decide on her own.

“Riles, I’ll take my leave okay? Take care…” She nodded, her eyes still fixed on the card. I closed and locked the door.  I hope she would not disappoint me.