Valentine's Day

Save me and Change me

"Come on Woo, let's get a drink" she says while squeezing my arm with hers, the other carrying the flowers chocolate and bear I gave her. Or more like she made me buy. 

Well, I bought the flowers but obviously she didn't think that enough.

She pulls me into Starbucks, but not before stopping in front of the door to MAKE SURE her hubby opens it for her.

She sits down at a table while I head straight for the cashier. We've been here so many times, I know what she wants.

After I bring both drinks to the table, we sip in silence. Well, I'M in silence. 

She's blabbing on and on about some presentation that she did today and how she didn't even mess up "one bit."

Now don't get me wrong, I love her. I really do.

She's sweet, cute, pretty, caring, and a good cook. But sometimes I feel like it isn't right. We've been like this for 3 months and there's nothing really exciting about it. She always runs to me whereever I am and bosses me around a lot.

Then again, I'd be worse off without her...I guess? One thing's for sure: I'm never lonely. I can always talk to her in awkward places where I don't know other people or anything like that.

But as she talks about her day, I can't help but notice all the couples in the cafe with us. The snuggly ones, the one sharing a straw, the one holding hands. Then I see a girl.

A girl sitting alone with her blue covered macbook. Glasses, hat, sweater, boots, backpack, pencil, notebook, and calculator.

Why? Why would you come to a cafe on Valentine's day to do homework? It's a Friday too, and i don't know about you but homework is NEVER on my TO-DO list on a Friday.

But she's interesting. Her hair is covering half her face, and she seems to notice that because just then she takes off her glasses and brushes her bangs to the side. 

Now if this was a fairytale or a typical cheesy story this is part where i go like

"and her brilliant beautiful eyes immediately captured my heart as i caught my breath staring at the unexplainable beauty in front of my eyes"

But it's this isn't a fairytale or a typical story. She wasn't really....pretty...i guess? I mean my girlfriend is definitely prettier.

However, she wasn't UGLY. She was like a mixture of cute and pretty, with a very unique twist. Her hair was long and dark brown with reddish auburn tips. It certainly was a hair style I've never seen before. HAHA What am i saying I can't even...

"Woo, are you listening?"

"Huh? Yeah babe sorry my head hurts a bit" 

"Aww are you ok?" she says while squeezing my hand.

"yeah i'm fine"

"Ok and then blahblahblbhlah"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Where were you?"

"Starbucks doing homework."

"Why do you always go there? You're going to get stalked and someday."

"Mom, it's FINE." that's ridiculous.

"Well you're a girl and you can't afford to take the risk. Never go there again."

I stomp up to my room to avoid another fight. But we're going to fight over dinner like usual, so whatever.