09. Because I'm stupid — am I, really? (part II)

Drabbles of Love & Other Related Matters

 

Hello! :) Here's the awaited sequel everyone asked me, hope you like it! :)

Also, can I ask all of you a huge favor? Please, please, please, vote for my friend here so that he can get the calculator (it's a really good one)! It would make him sooo happy! And if you could share to your best friends or close friends I'd be so thankful, all help is necessary! I'm counting on you, please don't let me downnn~!

Thank you, vote here!

 


 

 

 

It took Krystal a few days to understand the actual meaning of stupid:

 

It meant having to wake up to see an empty inbox of her mobile phone;

It meant having to walk alone to school — or take the bus, same thing, alone;

It meant not having to take a quick trip to the bathroom every break;

 

But on top of that, it meant feeling empty and very, very lonely.

 

Especially when Amber walked past her and ignored her, even when they were both alone in the corridors, or in the locker rooms, or in the changing rooms. 

In all situations, Krystal would bit her lip, run a hand through her hair, and look up to Amber, only to be completely ignored. And she hated the idea of being ignored by someone, anyone. But she couldn't help it; this time the one that was right was Amber, not her. What could she do? She had no idea. She couldn't think of anything. 

 

And even now, standing in front of Amber's apartment, she couldn't think of anything — she could only stand there, staring at the static door, hoping for it to open, and hoping for Amber to come out and greet her with a happy hug and ask her why had she taken so long to get there, as she lightly pushed her inside the house, and tell her to greet her parents before telling her to make her way to her bedroom, as Amber would choose something for them to eat as they talked, or laughed, or did anything— But that wouldn't happen. It happened before, but not again. Or if it were to happen again, it surely wasn't going to be that soon.

 

Because when that static door finally opened and Amber came out — despite Krystal's heart being running so so oh-so fast, and that, as she opened to speak, a lump slowly formed in , preventing her from doing so, she still managed to reach out for Amber's arm and mumble a sincere yet quick "I'm sorry" —, she was once again coldly ignored. 

 

But that didn't make her think of giving up— no, not at all.

It only made her try harder. And, with that thought in mind, Krystal made her way back to her house, three floors above Amber's.