08. Prom?

Drabbles of Love & Other Related Matters

 

 

 

 

"Uhm, so, uhh..."

Amber sighed, flustered. "Seriously, I hope I'm not here wasting my time—"

"—No! You're not, it's just that—" Krystal couldn't stop herself from being so nervous. She ran her hand through her hair and puffed up her cheeks, avoiding the look Amber was giving to her.

Amber slowly blinked. "Why did you want to meet me alone?" She put her hands on her hips as she leaned against the lockers.

"Uhm, t-that's because—" Krystal's eyes wandered around everything but the senior in front of her.

"Gosh, what's wrong with you, just tell me—" 

Krystal closed her eyes before letting out a very rushed "Doyouwanttogotopromwithme", and then hid her face behind her hands.

Amber stood properly and stared at her, dumbfounded. "Huh?"

 

She actually wasn't sure about what should she be shocked over: if it was because of the question in itself and that meant having to appear in front of the whole school with another girl, thus, telling everyone the obvious of Amber being gay, or if it was because of the person asking it. 

 

I mean;

Krystal?

The most popular girl in school was actually asking her tomboy senior to go to prom with her?

Something that morning told Amber, when she woke up, that the world wasn't on its good days, and sure enough, it seemed to be true.

 

Nonetheless, Krystal kept on with her rushed dialog. "I mean—Of course I could be inviting a whole lot of other people or better-I could be the one being invited but—" She shook her head.

"—Jeez, breath girl, I'm not going anywhere."

"—You're the only one I want."

"What."

"I mean—! You're the only one I want to go to prom with—Not that you're the only one..."

 

Amber chuckled at a blushing very hard Krystal, unsure of her words. The whole scenario of being invited to prom by a younger girl at the end of the school day, next to the lockers at the school's hall, seemed very cute to Amber. Something she thought she would never experience during her school days actually happened in the few months left of her last year at school.

 

Being invited to prom?

Nah.

Being confessed to, by the girl she had always liked.