Rivals

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's POV

 

"I love you Dara…" Myungsoo whispered as he pressed his lips against hers. 

Dara's eyes widened in surprise as her body loosened in his embrace. She couldn't do anything. Tears started falling down her cheeks as her body surrendered to him.

 

"I'm sorry…" Myungsoo slowly moved away without removing his gaze. He was searching for any signs of longing in her eyes. He wanted her to see him even once. Maybe this time he caught her attention. "…I'll just go." Myungsoo sighed as he slowly turned around to walk away.

 

*Thunder* 

 

The second the sound of thunder filled the room, Myungsoo immediately turned around and hugged Dara tightly into his arms. He couldn't do it. He just couldn't leave her like that especially when she was vulnerable. He wanted to be there for her no matter how much it hurted him to see Dara hoping that he was someone else. He loved her too much to let go.

 

"Please don't go.." Dara whispered as she rested her head on his shoulder. She wrapped her arms around him to return his hug. She was happy that Myungsoo was there for her. Dara slowly got up on her knees and hugged Myungsoo tighter as she rested her chin on his head. "..I need you Myungsoo."

 

The sound of Dara's voice calmed Myungsoo. He felt all the pain disappear even just for a short while. He wanted time to stop. He wanted Dara to be there for him, to see him the way he sees her. As he closed his eyes, all the memories started flooding back. From the day they met in the greenhouse to this night. Through this he noticed how her smile had slowly faded away. He was angry at the world. 

 

(Myungsoo) Why did he meet you first Dara? Why?

 

"You need to rest Dara." Myungsoo sighed as he gently laid Dara on the bed with his hand behind her head and the other her waist. He lifted the covers up and slowly placed it on top of her. He needed air to calm his mind. He decided to let Dara rest as he started moving away.

 

"Myungsoo..." Dara reached for his hand and held it tightly. He turned around and felt his heart soften again with her stare. Her big brown eyes never fails to grab his heart. He remembered the first time he saw Dara. She was lying down on the ground. She slowly looked up to him as the dim light managed to show only her eyes. At that moment, when their gaze collided, he knew she was the one. "Stay with me." She whispered shyly.

 

Myungsoo felt so happy after hearing those words from Dara. He fell for her again for the hundredth time. No matter how many times she hurt him, there were too many times she made him fall for her. Myungsoo slowly moved closer to her as he laid down his head beside hers as he avoided her stare. He stared nervously at the ceiling listening to the sound of her breathing. He pretended to yawn a couple of times to take quick glances at her. 

 

(Myungsoo) Why is she still awake? 

 

Eventually, after a few minutes of staring at the ceiling, yawning and taking quick glimpses of her, Dara fell asleep. When Myungsoo noticed her eyes closed, he made quite a loud noise to check if she was fully asleep. He felt so childish but he couldn't help it. He was just too happy. When he noticed she remained asleep, he slowly turned to his side to face her. He stared at her tracing the lines of her jaw, her small ears, then her nose, her lips and her round eyes. No matter what angle he looked at her, she remained beautiful in his eyes. He was blushing as he smiled widely.

 

"Dara you're really driving me crazy." he laughed quietly as he curled the strands of her hair in his fingers and placed them behind her ears. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(The next morning)

 

The sunlight shining on Myungsoo's face eventually woke him up. He had a dreamless night which disappointed him. Even in his dreams he wanted to see Dara, he wanted to see her every second of his life. He slowly opened his eyes, shielding it with his hand from the sunlight. His eyes were still adjusting to the bright sunlight on a summer morning. When he managed to fully open his eyes, Dara's face was less than an inch away from his face. He almost fell off the bed, startling him. He blushed as he laid down beside her again. His nose crinkled when he noticed something odd.

 

(Myungsoo) There's something different. She looks pale.

 

Myungsoo picked up the strands of Dara's hair that was on her face and curled it behind her ear. The moment his hand came in contact with her skin he knew there was something wrong. He quickly placed his palm on her forehead and he started panicking when he noticed how burning hot she was. 

 

"Dara wake up!" Myungsoo cupped Dara's face between his hands. She was shivering and he didn't know what to do. He gently shook her head trying to wake her up but her eyes remained closed. 

 

"Dammit Dara wake up!!!" he lifted Dara up into his arms and shook her as he desperately tried to wake her up. He was panicking as he stared at her pale face. Myungsoo quickly reached for his phone on the bedside table and dialed 911. His heart was beating so fast. He couldn't think properly. He was on the verge of madness.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A few minutes later)

 

Myungsoo's POV

 

Dammit Dara why did you just sit there? Why did you stay under the rain for so long. You should've called me. Dammit Dara why won't you wake up. 

 

=Flashback=

 

"Dara come on you're stronger than this." Myungsoo tried to remain calm as he chased after Dara being transferred from the ambulance to the emergency room. Myungsoo died inside every time he turned his head to look at Dara. She remained stiff and pale on the bed. It was driving Myungsoo mad. 

 

"Sir you can't go any further. Please take a seat and I ensure you we will do our best." The nurse stopped him outside the emergency room. He peaked through the little window on the door as he nervously searches for any signs of Dara waking up. 

 

"Dara please be okay." Myungsoo shivered as the curtains were being pulled to start the examination. "I promise I won't let anything like this happen again." 

 

=End of Flaskback=

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's POV

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter