How Can Sneakers Cost $400?!

100 Days with The Daegu Diva (a.k.a Mr. Arrogant) (Kinda Permanent Hiatus)

 

 

     "Hwiyoung, we need more groceries.  Run outside and buy some please?" your mother called from the kitchen.

"But Ummaaaaa, I'm watching SNSD's 'Hello Baby!'" you whined.

"If you go now, I'll give you extra money to buy fruit gummies!" she bargained.  You shot up and smacked the television off.

"I'm going!" you chimed, snatching the cash from your mother's outstretched hand and practically flying out the door.

Man, did you love fruit gummies.


     The wheels of your shopping cart creaked under the weight of the groceries...and five boxes of (fat-free) fruit gummies.  You were waiting as the cashier scanned your items with the black handle-shaped thing with the red light.

"Thirty-eight thousand won ($38) please." he stated.  You nodded and gave him exact cash.  But before the cashier handed you your reciept, he scribbled something down on it with a pen.  Afterwards he gave you your groceries with the reciept on top.  "Thank you," he said as you walked out the door.

Sadly, compared to the store's wonderful air conditioning, it was freaking hot as h3ll outside. 

     With a sigh, you began the journey of trudging seven blocks to your house.  Combining with the load of food in your hands, uncomfortable footwear, and unbearable heat, you thought it couldn't have been any more miserable.

Oh, but it could.

     Two little boys were chasing a rubber ball straight towards you, but you couldn't see through the plastic bags.

Ugh, this is so heavy, you thought to yourself.  Then, BAM!  One of the tiny rascals rammed right into you, causing your feet to lose balance and give way to your legs.  You toppled onto the hard cement, bringing your precious groceries with you.

SPLAT

A container of red pepper sauce splattered all over you...

...and the pair of feet in front of you, which, by the way, had some very expensive-looking shoes on.

     "YAH!  WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING YOU IDIOT!" someone yelled.  You cringed and began apologizing.

"I'm sor-" but you stopped mid-sentance after looking up.

Whoa, this guy was freaking gorgeous.

     He had tawny hair with a streak of purple and blonde in the front, roundish eyes, an angular yet soft-shaped face, and a tall nose.  He was wearing a blue rolled-sleeved hoodie, khaki shorts, and a diamond earring studding his left ear.  He looked so childish...

"These were limited addition Jordans!  They were 400,000 won ($400 I think)!  Dont you know red pepper stains?!" he ranted, bending down to remove what he could from his shoes.  You crinkled your nose.  He's such a diva...they're just sneakers...wait, did he say 400,00 won?! you thought, lifting yourself from the ground.  You examined yourself.

     Your favorite cutoff caprees were torn and covered with the sauce and gravel, along with your beat-up Converse and purple-red plaid mid-arm shirt.  Aaw...but...these were my favorite clothes-

"He-LLO!  I'm still here you know!" the guy interrupted.  Oh yeah, as if I could forget.

"How can I pay back-"

"Give me 400,000 won and I'll let you off the hook." he demanded.  You felt yourself break out in cold sweat despite the Sahara Desert-like weather.

"I don't have that much money to give!" you argued.  The guy narrowed his eyes.

"Well then, I guess there is another way to pay back," he said. 

"Look!  A bird!" you blurted, pointing behind the guy.  He turned around, and you began running home.

     "HEY!  COME BACK HERE!" he shouted, but didn't chase you. 

Little did you know, you had dropped your wallet when you fell.

With your ID in it.

And your address.


 

Just a prolouge...should I continue?  :P  I know it was boring, forgive me please.

However, I love you for checking this out.

(=^_^=)