The sly smile

Floral Prints

 

“Well, it's a long story. Are you sure you will be here with me till the end?”

 

I looked down at my toes. It had been so long since we had last spoke to each other so it was awkward sitting here in his presence.

 

“I came here for you.” He said, while smiling the sweet smile that had entranced fangirls throughout the world, meeting my gaze.

I punched his arm with much force. Being his best friend from young, I understood what this type of smile meant and the lies behind it.

 

“Okay, okay I was joking!” he laughed as everyone turned to look at him.  “Wooyoung, you should be less uptight.” While chuckling, he ran a hand through his foreign long hair. “Anyway, I need your help. You know how I had debuted? Well, I recently had some problems so I ran away from them. And … I didn't have any friends I could look for in Korea so I looked for you. You will help me right? I need a place to stay for the time being. And I heard that you were in a girl school so … ” and then he gestured to his strange get up.

 

Doubt crept into my heart. I really didn't know what to do. Being in an all girls’ school, it was against the rules to bring boys back to our dorms. It would be instant expulsion, thus ending my career. But as Jinyoung smiled sweetly opposite me, I remembered how he would do everything for me, standing up for me against bullies and everything. And his puppy dog eyes – how can I refuse him? My heart quivered as he looked at me with familiar pleading eyes. It reminded me of the ten year old boy I had a crush on back in Korea, the one living opposite me, the one who grew into the star now sitting opposite me. I simply did not have it within me to cast him aside.

 

Jinyoung leaned over the table and held my hand warmly in his palm, dragging my body close to his. My face flushed thoroughly as heat rose through my being.

 

“Please?”