The Rescue and the Hostage.

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*YOUR POV*

 

I gasped for breath as I slammed my fist against a wall.

“CRAP!”

I’ve been running around in circles, trying to find Odagiri.

I slid my phone open.

“Ojiisan?” I asked the person on the other end.

“Oy, ______! I haven’t heard my granddaughter’s voice in so long,” he chuckled.  

“I’d love to chat, but I need your help,” I panted.

“What is it?”

“Where does XX Club do their dirty work?” I glanced at the time. The clock was ticking away.

“Why?”

“My friend made a mistake and he wants to quit.”

My grandfather was silent for a while. “Go to the abandoned warehouse on the corner of XX and XX,” he said finally.

“Arigatou gozaimasu! Jaa, ne!” I hung up the phone and sprinted toward the intersection. I slid to a stop near the door and lightly tugged on the handle, not wanting to let the men inside know about my presence. It was locked. I rushed to a side window and peered inside. My breath stopped short when I saw seven men kicking at Odagiri, who was lying on the floor. A slight smile formed at the corners of my mouth when I saw six of their men lying on the floor, in pain. Looks like Odagiri managed to bring some of those punks down with him.

Then a man grabbed a bat off the floor and brought it down on Odagiri’s stomach, hard.

Before I knew it, I had punched the window completely open and was standing inside, slowing walking toward the men.

“Who’s this?” A man wiggled his eyebrows at me, smirking.

“Ya, Odagiri. Looks like your girlfriend came to play,” another man called out, using his foot to nudge at Odagiri.

Odagiri was in too much pain to even lift his head. I clinched my fists tighter.

“Don’t touch him,” I hissed at them.

“Hey, we can make a lot of money with her,” someone suggested.

“Don’t… lay… a finger… on her,” Odagiri ordered, struggling to stand up.

Two men grabbed his arms while a third man proceeded to punch him. In the blink of an eye, I got a hold of the third man’s arm just as he was about to place another blow on Odagiri. The whole room froze in surprise.

“I said DON’T LAY A HAND ON HIM!” I yelled, pissed off.

The men laughed as they let go of Odagiri and surrounded me. Odagiri staggered and placed himself in front of me. “What are you doing here?”

“What does it look like?” I replied back.

The men started circling us. “Aww, Odagiri wants to protect his girlfriend.” A fist flew in my direction and before I could react, Odagiri threw himself over me and took the hit.

He groaned as he bend over, wincing in pain. I took out my handkerchief and wiped at some of the blood that was trickling down his forehead.

“Get out of here,” he told me.

I shook my head. “No way am I going to leave you here!”

I stood up and faced the men, surveying the room. “Besides, you already took down half of their men.”

A leg darted out and caught Odagiri in his side. Instantly I had that man by the collar of his shirt, three inches away from his face. “Are you deaf? I said that you bastards better not touch him!” I slammed my hand into his face, knocking him backwards.

“We won’t go lightly on you, little lady.” A man hissed at me.

Fists started to fly.

I would hit one person, duck from a fist, ram my foot into another person, take a blow, stagger around, and continue the cycle all over again.

Soon seven men were lying on the floor, squirming around in pain. I crouched down beside Odagiri and swung his arm around my shoulder, giving him support. We made our way to the shattered window and I turned back just as we reached it. “Don’t ever mess with him again, understand?”

They didn’t answer me.

“UNDERSTAND?” I raised my voice another notch.

“Hai…” the men groaned.

We finally made it to the curb of the street and I carefully sat down with him.

“Can you pick me up?” I called my driver. I told him the intersection.

“He’ll be here in five minutes,” I told Odagiri quietly. I took my handkerchief from his hand and continued softly wiping at his blood. He flinched once and a while, making me feel bad.

I felt his eyes watching me and looked down.

“Why’d you come?” He asked me finally.

“I didn’t want you to die.”

He nodded, accepting my answer.

My driver pulled up to the curb and opened the door for me, surprised at my guest.

“Back to my apartment, please.”

Most days I let my driver do whatever he wanted. I preferred to take the subway or walk and I had begged my driver not to tell my father. He had reluctantly agreed. He was like a father to me and always checked up on me to make sure I was taking care of myself. I introduced him to Odagiri, trying to break the awkward atmosphere in the car.

Finally we arrived back home and I helped Odagiri out of the car. I began leading him to the front door when he stopped.

I glanced at his confused face. “What are you doing?”

I was surprised, and then it hit me. I was leading a guy I barely knew into my house. “I’m going to fix you up.”

He tried to shrug out of my grasp. “No need, I can take it from here.”

I let go of him and stood in front of him with my hands on my waist. “I highly doubt that.”

He took a step…

And lost his balance.

I sighed and almost dragged him into my living room, where I forced him to sit down on my couch.

He looked amazed at the inside of my apartment. “You… why is a rich girl like you in Kirogin’s class 3-D?”

“It was my choice,” I said quietly from the kitchen, grabbing the medical supplies that I needed.

He winced as I cleaned the cuts on his face. “Your choice?”

I nodded as I placed bandages on him. “Take your shirt off,” I ordered.

“Excuse me?” He raised his eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes. “I said I’m going to fix you up. Now take your shirt off, please.”

He hesitatingly complied with my request. I knelt down on my knees and began to clean and bandage his wounds on his chest.

Being the OCD girl that I am, my face was a mere two inches away from his skin as I cleaned, making sure that I disinfected his wounds completely.

Odagiri shifted uncomfortably.

I noticed. “Sorry,” I apologized. I was totally invading his personal bubble by ing my face that close to his chest. I backed off, satisfied with my work.

I grabbed his shirt to throw at him and glanced down at it. It was stained with blood.

“Hold on,” I told him, going to my room. I returned with some sweatpants and a shirt that was too big for me. I tossed the clothes to him. “You can do the bottom half of your body yourself. When you’re done, give me your pants so I can wash it and put these clothes on.” I left the room.

I rearranged some of the things on my desk, trying to pass the time. I texted Yankumi, telling her that Odagiri was hurt but okay. Ten minutes later he appeared, sheepishly leaning against my doorway. I laughed at the sight of him wearing my clothes.

“They fit okay,” he shrugged.

“Can you walk?”

He shook his head. “Barely.”

“Okay then. I changed the pillows and the sheets. You’re sleeping here tonight,” I decided, pointing to my bed. “This bed is the most comfortable bed in the apartment. I’ll go sleep in the room across the hall.”

He opened his mouth to protest but I cut him off. “It’s too late for me to go back to school and it’s around dinner time. I’m going to start making dinner,” I announced happily.

I turned back to face him. “Anything you don’t like to eat?”

He shook his head.

“Okay!” I threw my fist in the air. “Make yourself at home. I have books you can read. You can also rest or go on the computer… You can basically do anything you want except leave. I’m holding you a hostage until you can walk. By the way, should we call your parents?”

He hesitated. “I guess…”

I tilted my head, confused.

It doesn’t seem like he has a great relationship with his parents, either.

He finished calling them and told me that they said okay.

“Let me know if you need anything!” I called over my shoulder.

An hour later I placed the last dish on the table and stood back, satisfied. The table was set.

I went to my room to call Odagiri for dinner and found him surfing the web. I snuck up behind him and peeked over his shoulder to see what he was looking at.

“Politician gains more votes,” I read the headline out loud, making Odagiri jump in surprise.

“Ah!”

“Yo, dinner time.”

He stood up and used the table as support as he made his way to the door. Then he ran out of support.

I sighed and walked over to him, letting him lean on me.

We arrived at the dining table and sat down.

“Itadakimasu!” We called out cheerfully. Well, at least… I called it out cheerfully while Odagiri mumbled it.

I watched closely as he took a bite of the food.

“This is good!” He looked at me in surprise.

“Of course it is!” I scoffed. “I made it, after all!”

He laughed and we continued eating our dinner.

This is the first time in a long time that I’ve eaten dinner with company and actually enjoyed it.

I haven’t smiled like this in my apartment before.

I glanced at Odagiri in wonder, watching him wolf down the meal.

Just who is this guy?

 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

A/N: Sorry I haven't been updating this story D: 

School's starting to crack down hard as it's drawing to an end. 

I told myself that I would go rewatch Gokusen2 so I could follow the story line.. but I got distracted by another drama^^ Anyways, I decided that I'll write this story from what I can remember about Gokusen2. In other words, it's not going to follow the drama's story line. It's mostly going to be coming from my day dreaming, hehe :D  

 

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS (:

I hope you guys are liking the story so far!