The Appearance of Kame.

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*YOUR POV*

 

“Ryu… it’s been a week and a half since you’ve been staying with me,” I raised my eyes skeptically.

He chewed a mouthful of my homemade steak. “Something wrong?”

I cleared away the now cleaned plate, muttering. “Well,” I began saying, “kinda. First of all, are your parents really okay with this?”

He nodded.

“They don’t care that you’re at a girl’s apartment?”

He nodded.

Finally done with swallowing the meat, he opened his mouth. “Your parents don’t care that you let a guy stay with you- especially a guy you barely knew at first?”

I shrugged. “They don’t care about me unless I can be useful to them.” I walked to the kitchen and rinsed my hands. Placing my hands on the counter, I turned to face him. “Secondly-“

He suddenly pushed me against the cabinets and placed his lips an inch away from mine, his breath hot against my face.

“Aren’t you worried that I’ll do something to you?” He whispered against my neck.

I stood tiptoe and brought my lips to his ear, making him shiver. “It should be the other way around, right?”

Defeated, he pulled back and I smirked, still leaning against the counter.

“Besides, you just answered my second question.”

He raised his eyebrow. “Which was…?”

I threw a towel at him. “You’re almost completely healed. You know what that means, right?”

Fetching his school uniform from my closet, I tossed it to him, making him groan in disbelief. “You’re kidding, ne?”

I shook my head, grinning. “Tomorrow.”

“Can I still stay here?” He pleaded.

I snorted. “Says the guy who was thinking about me.”

“I was kidding!” He protested.

“Sure, sure. And yes, you can still crash here,” I teased, washing the dishes.

After watching for a few minutes, he joined me and we worked as a team- I washed, he rinsed.

Just as he reached around me to grab a stack of bubbly dishes, my door flew open and a heart-stopping stranger stormed in, watching us with disdainful eyes.

“So it’s true, Ryu. You’re living with a hot chick,” he clucked.

Clenching my fist, I was about to fly forward and beat the arrogant man for breaking into my house. Odagiri tightened his arm around me, preventing me from moving.

“Who are you,” I roared, “what are you doing here, and HOW DID YOU GET IN?”

The mystery man took a few steps closer, eyeing me with renewed interest and Ryu immediately stepped in front of me, his arm a protective shield circling me.

“Not her,” Ryu hissed, his eyes flashing.

An amused smile lit the man’s face as he laughed and took a picture. “I’m this boy’s favorite cousin,” he answered my question. “And as for your door, it’s not hard to hack the lock when my father is the one who created it.”

My eyes widened. “You’re Kazuya Kame!” A person known throughout the country as a lady’s killer, he took anyone and everyone to bed. Female, that is.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Odagiri grit his teeth.

“I’m here to steal Ryu’s girl,” Kame smirked. “There’s not a single girl who wouldn’t say no. How about tonight, darling? Just you, and me, and some candles?”

I rolled my eyes. “I dislike seeing your haughty attitude on TV… and you’re disgusting in person.”

He stared at me as if I was speaking another language. “Excuse me?”

“Yeah that’s right. I hate guys who think that every single girl will fall for them. Oh, and guess what? That’s you.” I turned to Ryu. “Has this happened before?”

A shadow fell across his face as his cousin giggled. “The two girl friends that he’s ever had all became mine,” Kame smirked.

I shrugged free of Ryu and sauntered up to annoying mosquito, smacking him across the face. “Bastard. Why any girl would leave Ryu for a bastard like you,, I have no idea.”

Kame’s eyes squinted with fury. “You will regret this,” he threatened as he turned and left, his car revving in the street.

I sighed.

“Hey ________,” Ryu said quietly, “thank you.”

I smiled softly at him. “Any day man.