Why I Love #1: He helped me...

100 Reasons Why I LOVE, yet HATE Luhan.

Why I Love #1:

He helped me... see my brother's face again. 

 

4 years ago

 

Jihyun's POV

 

"Jihyun-ah, come meet our new neighbour." My oppa, Jung DaeHyun called out to me while walking up the stairs. I could tell that he was wearing his black studded mask by the sound of his muffled voice. But then again, when wasn't he? He had an awesome voice, why did he want to deprove it by muffling it with his mask?

It has never been about the voice though.

Three years ago, when we were still in Busan, oppa got into an accident. While carrying some glass bottles to the recycling plant, someone knocked into him and one of the bottles broke against his lip. I guess the scar's still there, judging by how he always covered his lowr face with either a black mask, or his spare white one when the former's in the wash 

"Andwae![No!]" I muffled back. I took after my brother, I had nothing to hide but I had the mindset that if my brother doesn't show his face to me, why should I show mine to him? This irked me. 

The door creaked open and he popped his head and straightened brown hair in. "Come on, saeng." I fervently shook my head. 

"Please, for me?" He pleaded. 

"Why do you want me to meet him? Can't you just go by yourself?" I shot back. I admit, I was a little guilty for being disrespectful to my oppa, but I was kinda pissed at the fact that he wasn't manly enough to show me his face. 

"I... I don't dare to." He hung his head. Hmm, shy much?

"Take off your mask." I mumbled quietly. 

"Mwo?" He lifted his head, eyes narrowing slightly. 

"Mask. Take it off." I repeated, slightly louder. "That thing is what makes you lose all your guts. Not being able to even meet some guy, what kind of 15-year-old boy are you? Unless... you've turned gay for the new neighbour?" I raised an eyebrow slightly at him. 

He hesitated for a long moment, before his head snapped up. "Then you must take off yours too." He said in an unpleased manner, as if bargaining for discounts in the market. 

Oh well, I wonder who's the one who does the weekly trip to the market.

Duh. "Fine. If he asks, we take it off at the same time."

"If," he replied as if challenging me. 

~

I poked my head around the front gate. Before I could feel a presence hovering above me, I tiptoed to try see if there was anyone behind the wall seperating my house and next-door's. 

"Ow!" "Yah!" I shouted at Daehyun who was rubbing his chin under his mask. 

"What?! You were the one who hit my precious chin! OMG, will I lose my perfect V-Line jaw?"

Tsk, Busan's Won Bin being vain. 

"You-"

"What's happening?" A soft, foreign voice interrupted. 

We froze as a figure appeared around the wall. 

Perfect hair. Perfect eyes. Perfect nose. Perfect lips. 

Everything about him was just perfect. 

Except for the fact that he looked way older than me.

"Oh, you must be the new neighbour!" Oppa said. "What's your name?"

"Luhan, and I'm sixteen." He smiled faintly. "Are you guys ninjas? Show me your face! I won't bite..." He half-pleaded, trailing off at the end. 

"If there's a scar or something you don't wanna show it's okay." He grinned widely, but there was a hint of sadness hidden in that smile. Oppa noticed it too, and hurriedly said "No, no, it's okay."

He looked straight into my eyes, and I stared right back. Now, his eyes told me and I felt my heart beating in anticipation as ome trembling hand reached up to the mask strap. I glanced at Daehyun, who was a little jittery. After all, we hadn't seen each other's faces in more than two years. 

I pulled the pink mask off and my first instinct was to look at oppa. My eyes widened. He was way more perfect than the new neighbour, he looked really handsome. Way cuter than the last time I saw his face. 

"Thanks, Luhan...."  I mumbled under my breath. 

 


BOOM! And first chap's up!

i hope u enjoyed reading this~