Page 2

Fault

 

Going to work on Monday was the hardest thing for Chanhee to do, that was of course second to crawling out of bed after sleeping like a log for the previous day. When he checked his phone, he found out that the whole world was looking for him. Twenty missed calls from his subordinates, thirty five from Niel, fifteen from Minsoo and the last thirty from his parents.

He feared going to work for one reason and one reason only, that was meeting the man he screwed a few days ago. It wasn’t like he frequently saw him as the boss’ son only went to the office twice a month to grab some allowance from his father before departing to god knows where. He rushed to the washroom after sneaking a peek at the clock, which rang ten a good half an hour ago, and got ready for work.

Chanhee pulled on a light blue shirt, black slacks, wore his contact lenses and decided that he should leave his hair unstyled for that day. As the team leader, he was not expected to arrive at the office on time. That gave him more than enough time to grab a cup of his favorite latte before walking to the office.

The café he walked into gave off a very cozy feeling. He was a frequent at this café, always taking a seat at the furthest end from the door, hoping to catch a glimpse of a certain someone. The barista, a girl named Suzy, was one of the only few people who would chat up Chanhee when he was going through his mood swings after a tiring and a ed up day at work. They never knew each other’s existence before until Suzy decided that the pasta for the table next to him should be placed on his table.

Suzy and Chanhee had always shared laughter and happiness, though he knew that Suzy would never be able to replace the amount of love he had for his best friend Ailee who suddenly decided that she would leave Chanhee behind in Korea and fly off to Europe on her own for a holiday. She had promised him souvenirs from Europe, although Chanhee was clear that she would be getting him different boxes of condoms, telling him to bring them around with him in case he got laid.  

The ringing of his phone shocked him out of his reverie, he took it out of his pocket, flipped the cover opened to see that it was his boss calling him.

“Where the hell are you Lee Chanhee!” the heard the voice bellow at him through the phone.

“I’m coming!” he replied, rushing out of the café after collecting his coffee and muttering a quick thank you to Suzy who was chuckling at her friend’s behavior.

When he finally arrived on destination, catching his breath in the elevator which brought him up to the seventy-ninth story, he sensed that something was off, the normally noisy and irritating office was not filled with noise but all quiet, save for some whispers from the female workers.

He threw suspicious looks at his co-workers and they looked down in return, his secretary only informed him that he was wanted at the top office, where his boss was at. He passed his bags to her, placed his coffee on Minsoo’s table, whose owner threw a sharp glare at his action, before mouthing the question on why Chanhee did not reply his calls. Chanhee gave Minsoo a sheepish look as he threaded towards the elevator, wondering what matter it was that his boss had to summon him up.

He only found out the reason he was wanted at the office when he pushed the doors opening, staring straight into the eyes of the one and only Byunghun.

“Would you like to be in a relationship with me? Chanhee-sshi?” was the only thing that he heard.

Running out of the office was rude, something Chanhee would never, or did not have the heart to do. Fainting, was a different case, and totally understandable in this current situation. That was the only thing he did.