My Life is a Musical

What Binds Us Together

            “I mean,” Chanyeol said, sighing into his hand in his slouched position from the desk, “I can’t. I really can’t.”

            “What?” Kyungsoo broke away from his daydreams to stare at his friend. “You can’t what?”

            Chanyeol offered no concrete response, only continuing to heave out sighs (Kyungsoo was secretly afraid he was going to run out of breath doing this). And then he started flailing his arms around and then burrowed his head underneath his arms.

            “He’s just so hot,” Chanyeol said in an almost whiney manner. “How could I resist him?”

            “Oh.” Kyungsoo knew this was about Wu Fan immediately. How could anyone not know? Chanyeol had been lamenting about this new transfer student for three straight weeks now.

            “But I heard from Junmyeon who heard from Minseok who heard from Luhan who heard from Tao who heard from Sehun who heard from Krystal who heard from Jongin who heard from Taemin that HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND!” Cue more spazzing and gravity-defying twitches.

            “PARK CHANYEOL,” the substitute teacher barked. One period hasn’t even passed and the sub already knew his name.

            “SORRY,” Chanyeol said, not sounding sorry at all. He returned back to mumbling and then fake-sobbing against Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Kyungsoo patted him on his head pitilessly.

            “There, there.”

            “I can’t…” Chanyeol put his hand against his chest, widening his eyes even beyond what Kyungsoo’s eyes can go. “My feelings for him cannot be contained!”

            A student (Kyungsoo remembered that he went by the name of Eunhyuk?) piped up: “You know what you should do?”

            Chanyeol turned with eyes that practically emitted sparkles. “Yes?”

            Eunhyuk stood up, spread his arms, and started singing: “How does he know you love him? How does he know he’s yours?”

            Kyungsoo twitched. This sounds familiar. “Isn’t this the ripped-off version of a song from the movie Enchanted?” He was ignored.

            Someone took out maracas. More people started standing up (some even going as far as standing up on their tables). They started swaying in a smoothly choreographed fashion (Kyungsoo spluttered at that because they couldn’t even line up in straight lines during class field trips!) to form the background humming and echoing of the melody.

            Kyungsoo’s eyes bugged out while Chanyeol’s mood seemed to have brightened and he started clapping along with the beat.

            Eunhyuk was dancing in some improvised fashion and finished the chorus of the song, then he pointed at Chanyeol, and Chanyeol somehow knew the lines too??? He stood up and belted out an impressive note. The substitute teacher was playing the violin (where did that come from? Seriously?).

            The door slammed open, creating cracks along the wall. Smoke fumed out and a tall silhouette was revealed.

            “It is I!” Wu Fan said, wearing a Batman cape. Kyungsoo gave up on life in general. “I heard your love song and we shall be married the next day!”

            Chanyeol, not quite done with his song routine yet, beamed and serenaded Wu Fan for the rest of the song.

            “My true love,” he said at the end and they kissed sloppily.

            Kyungsoo squawked, “Wait, didn’t you have a girlfriend, Wu Fan?”

            Wu Fan faced him, with Chanyeol still clinging onto him with his head rested happily on his shoulder. “You mean my golden retriever Kris? She’s a sweetie, alright, but now I have Chanyeol~”

            “WHAT.” Kyungsoo jolted up, eyes wide open. He looked around, glancing uncomprehendingly at his legs tangled up in his blankets. He looked to the side. The alarm clock was set to ring in a few minutes.

            He heaved a huge sigh of relief.

            “Holy , thank goodness that was just a dream.”

            He hummed as he dressed for school, deciding to NEVER revisit what exactly happened in his head a few minutes ago.

            Kyungsoo settled down into his seat with a contented sigh, waiting for class to start. He waved hi as Chanyeol came in and flopped into the seat next to him. Then Kyungsoo took out his notebook and pencil, all ready to learn. A melodramatic groan from Chanyeol had him turning around to his friend.

            “I mean,” Chanyeol said, sighing into his hand in his slouched position from the desk, “I can’t. I really can’t.”

            Kyungsoo might’ve just heard wrong. A horrible sense of deja-vu washed over him. Oh no oh no oh no. “What?”

            “He’s just so hot,” Chanyeol said in a whine. “How could I resist?”

            “NO!!!” Kyungsoo shot up from his seat and ran directly for the door. Chanyeol straightened up from his position and stared after him. His classmates looked similarly perplexed.

            “Why did he run away?” Chanyeol tilted his head, staring for a few more seconds, before shrugging and starting to doodle on his desk with his pencil since the sub wasn’t going to teach today anyways (why did the sub have a violin though?).


I'm NOT sorry for this hahahahaha. What did I just write.

Song  (That's How You Know) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRYU4cqUAUs