The Way Things Work

Locked Up

 

L Joe's POV

 

"You don't have to be so damn rough, I'm not gonna fight you." I complain to the officer with a sneer. I hadn't so much as wiggled in his grip without his permission, so I don't know why he was trying to man handle me.

 

Oh yes, that's right. 

 

It's probably because I just got released from solitary about 15 minutes ago. Apparently, I was very dangerous to my fellow inmates. 

 

The guy had attacked me. Wanted to prove that I didn't have it in me to take him out, I suppose. He must have been new and wanted to gain cell cred. Now he's just gonna be somebody's . He really should have gone after a bigger guy, one that didn't back up his stature. Not me, no definitely not me.

 

People are fooled by my height and thin physic. Not to mention my handsome face. My first week was hell. Do you have any idea how desperate and these s are? They saw me and wanted to have a field day. It's not every day a "Byeongari" shows up. They were very excited, which I understood. I know I'm pretty, but I'm not gonna take some drug addict's up my . Absolutely not.

 

They found out very quickly; that what I lacked in height, I made up for in speed and agility. I was no princess waiting to be rescued and once that was clear, their lustful stares never became anything more.

 

I was finally let out of the burly man's hold and shoved into the crowded cell.

 

Ah, yes. My people.

 

The scum of the earth, I suppose. Most of us had fairly minor infractions, this is no "high security prison" we probably all did stupid like assault or possession.

 

I rub my wrist in annoyance and walk past the staring men, without so much as a glance. Their erted stares pissed me off.

 

I snatched a wandering pillow and set it on the cement floor, to make my seat a bit more comfortable. Propping up my knees and letting my arms recline on them. I scanned the room filled with men and watch Changjo approach me, taking a seat to my left.

 

I nod in acknowledgement, glad that there are a couple other pretty boys in this hell hole.

 

"How was it?" He ask evenly, probably uninterested. I shrug.

 

"Well it wasn't a party." He lets his mouth lift to a smirk.

 

"Where are the others?" I ask the quiet boy.

 

"I guess you wouldn't have heard. CAP was taken to solitary a couple of hour ago." He sighs. "Neil and Ricky are being questioned for the report." I nod slowly, only barely surprised with the new information.

 

"What, exactly, did Neil do this time?" I question with a condescending smirk.

 

"He was flaunting again. Saying how they couldn't touch him because of CAP. Idiot. Of course when they went for the bait, CAP stopped them. Sometimes I wonder in Neil even likes CAP. He gets him in too much trouble." He shakes his head. I scoff at the question.

 

Neil (10 months on an assist to robbery) was a pretty kid, like myself. He, however, found home in the arms of Bang Minsoo. He was perfectly content not defending himself. I didn't really care, it's not my business.

 

CAP (18 months for fraud and embezzlementwas a rather big guy. Fit and almost constantly lifting. I think he, mostly, liked to show off for Neil, but I'm sure the fact he could lift more than any other inmate helps the intimidating aspect. That kept the immoral men from his precious Neil.

 

Changjo (6 months for drug possession, with intent to distribute) was in a bit of a similar situation to CAP. Always protecting, the ever adorable, Ricky. Changjo wasn't a bulky kid. Tall and spends a lot of time practicing self defense. He's definitely a 'lover', not a 'fighter'. No matter how quiet he stays. 

 

Ricky (3 months for breaking probationwas never as provoking as Neil. He didn't need to be, because he was so, damn, cute. At least Ricky did his best to keep Changjo from needing to protect him. I could respect him for that. He seems to really like the younger boy.

 

Really, it was a bit sad to watch. 

 

These boys think they're falling in love, but...we're all victims of circumstance. Once we get out, all within a few months of each other, we'd all go our separate way. Probably never see each other. 

 

I have my doubts about the bratty Neil, but the rest of us seem repentant. I won't be continuing the gang activity from before. I had only just joined a few days before my arrest. It was a stupid move that got me 8 months for gang activity and assault of an officer. I have no reason to want to be back here. Nobody does. I am just willing to do what I have to do, so I won't have to come back. 

 

The fight I got into the other day didn't help. I might get an extension on my stay, but I was well behaved for the most part and the officers seem fond of some of us. 

 

CAP's blunt muscular force, Changjo's practiced and perfected fight style, and my own quick steps and hot temper worked together to keep the delinquents in line. We didn't need trouble and preferred to keep it peaceful. So instead of splitting hairs and making blood pacts. We stuck to each other and everyone seemed to succumb to our charismatic rule of the cell. 

 

"I don't know if Neil likes anybody." I say shaking my head.

 

"He's just pissed at the system. He wants to cause trouble and is misplacing his anger."

 

"You're too understanding." I chuckle, turning to look at his embarrassed smile.

 

"We're going to need to watch out for him while CAP's away the next 24 hours." I grind my teeth in distaste.

 

"You can watch him. I don't give a about the princess." I snap at him. He places a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

 

"Come on, it's for CAP." I sigh at the thought. CAP really is too nice for his own good. He needs to let Neil get hit, just once, but then his, pretty, face would be ruined and CAP's head might explode. In prison, if you have your very own boy toy. Nothing is more important.

 

"Yeah okay. If he pisses me off, I won't be held responsible." Changjo laughs.

 

"He knows about your short fuse. Maybe you could give him a, firm, lecture. Bore him to death, before CAP gets back." I smirk and his words and the cell door opens, allowing Ricky and Neil to step in and smile at the boy beside me, shoving him toward the boys.

 

"I'm gonna sleep, take care of them for a while, will you?" He stands and ruffles my hair, to my annoyance. I slap his hand away and bow my head to rest.

 

It's good to be king.

 

It's short, and SOOO boring. Haha I had to start by giving you backstory. You know how it is. Chunji shows up next chapter! I hope you guys will like the chemistry I wanna make between ChunJoe. ^-^ Subscribe? Comment? Upvote? LOVE!