Chapter 3

Beaten Love

I remembered that day. Donghae came very late home and was extremely angry. I asked him if something happened but he throw a bottle of water at the wall and yelled at me.

“I'm doing a freaking song with Eunhyuk.”

I must say that the MV doesn't look so bad. Eunhyuk looked very gentle but Donghae was looked to concentrate. I enjoyed the video. It was pretty good and the main dancer was beautiful.

“Mija. We want to close now. There is any customer left.” Tiffany bought me back from my thoughts.

“okay. You can go home. I'll do the cleaning.”
“nope. I'm going anywhere.”
“But you had a hard week and I don't want to bother you.”

“Nobody is going anywhere.”

Suddenly the manager appeared next to me. Few minutes later the wife sat next to him on a table. Tiffany bought two strawberry shakes and on the opposite of me. Nobody said a word for five minutes.

“we know that you have problem and life isn't easy at your age but we want you to know that we are a family and you can tell us everything.”

“Problems?”
“We know what happened but could you clear up with us?”
“How did you know?” I asked with tears
“I watched your behaviour and Tiffany heard from over people.”

How did they know. Nobody knows that Donghae is my friend enemy. It was a secret.

“Tell us.”

I looked at each face and decided to tell everything, from the beginning to the end.

“I was little when my parents left me. People didn't know who my parents were and how I did get lost. A strange family took care of me. But their blood types didn't match with mine. I also don't know how get into the family. I heard some gossip that they found me in a basket in a river. “

I took a sip of the shake. Tiffany looked at me .

“We weren't expecting this. “
“I thought you know everything.”
“We thought of something else.” The manager laughed.
“We heard that you were pregnant.”

Pre-PREGNANT!? o_O

“oh no. I'm not pregnant. Where did you guys get that?”
The manager and his wife looked at Tiffany. She just shook her head.
“I don't know.”
“Okay? Nevermind. If you know the half of the my story, I can tell you everything.”

I told them everything. How I get along without knowing who I am. How I lived in a strange family. They had a son who grow up to my brother. We moved to this city so he could make his dream come true. I helped him to get along. The only thing that didn't say that the brother was Donghae. I couldn't tell a teenager girl and two adults that I have contact with the new superstar.

“he left me without saying thank you or something else. I don't have anything now. No family, no money, no life, no friends and no home.” I ended the conversation and walk to the changing room to change my work clothes into my dark jeans and a old sweat-shirt.

“I'm leaving now.” I told to them and went outside.”
“we can help you” the wife came up to me but I shook my head.
“nobody can. It's all my fault. If I weren't so naïve I wouldn't trust some of this kind of guys.”

“no, darling. It's not your fault. You did the right thing. If you weren't there he couldn't get his dream come true. The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call point of view-Albert Einstein. This guys make people do things that he couldn't do himself. But you could do it. Your point of view is bigger than his. You have the know-how of living. He just know one thing and that is himself. You can be proud to have a bigger horizon and I'm telling you that you real family is proud of you because you are how you are.”

It touched me. She is right.
“Who is my real family.”
“darling look over your big circle and you will see it.”

I looked at her and smiled.
“thank you.”
“we will always say behind you. But now we want to give you an offer. If you stop crying and look positively on your young life we want to give you a bed.”
“a bed?”
“over the changing room is a room and you can use it. The rent is very cheap and you wouldn't be late if you came to work. We would have you near and have a clear conscience.”

my mouth was wide opened. Are they offending me a room? Wait didn't she said that?
“Omo. I don't know. I don't want to bother you and make you problems.”
“you wouldn't. We are offending it to you because you have problems and we want to help you.”

Tiffany came to me and hugged me.
“You're not alone.” she flustered into my ear.
Yeah they didn't let me a choice. I must take it.
“okay. I'm taking the offend but just to the day I find a better job and a cheap flat.”
The manager nod throw a key to me. “have fun.”


 

~*~

few days later I found myself in my new bedroom. I just moved in. Tiffany helped me to take my things out.

“what are you planning to do?”
I was confused.
“what do you mean?”
“I mean, you have now a better place to stay but how are you getting revenge on this stupid guy?”

I didn't think of that.

“It looks like I must join an entertainment.”
“yay.”

I looked at her. I put a face on like why-does-it-make-you-happy?
“you know I always wanted to know some popular men and now I have the opportunity to get to know somebody.”

“so you are helping me?”
“Is this a question?”
“I guess no.” we laughed. It was the first time I laughed after the accident with Donghae. I felt good.

~*~

Tiffany throw her smoothie away.

“I didn't thought that joining an entertainment is so hard. My foot is hurting. Listen I'm going home. It is near so don't worry.”

I'm not worrying that she can't find her home or something like that, I'm because no entertainment want to take me. They always saying “the casting over” or “you have no contact”.

“how can I get into an entertainment?”
“I don't know?”
“huh?”
“you said your last thought loud.”
“really? Maybe. But I can't join because the casting season is over.”
“there is one last entertainment in this city. I wish you luck.” she kissed on my cheek before she leaved. “have fun!” ^^
“one last entertainment.” I said to myself.


 

“excuse me. Can you help me?” the woman behind the reception faked a smile and nod.
“I want to join the entertainment.”
“Your name?” she stared at her computer. Her long black nails waited to tap on the keyboard.

“my name is Park Mija.”
“sorry but we don't have it in our computer. Did you probably announced a other name?”
“No. I want to do a casting.”

she silently laughed. “The casting is over and we have much of students.”
“aren't there other ways to join?”
“Ani. But if you, that I don't think, know somebody from here who recommend you, you can join.”

I shook my head. She put her hands into the air and slammed it on her table.

“you're wasting my time, little child.”
“bur I nee to join. This should be my life. My everything!”
“what's this noise?” a small, thin guy appeared next to me.
“I'm sorry, manager Kim. I'll clear this problem.”

I scanned the shortie.

are you a Supervisor?“
“Yes I am. Nice to meet you, I'm supervisor Kim.”
“Nice to meet you, too. My name is Park Mija:” We shake our hands. I turn to the not-so-nice-to-customers and smile.
“See. Now I know somebody who work here and has power. Could you please give me an appointment with supervisor Kim.”
“Ehm I don't know if I can do this:” but the supervisor nod next to me.
“Right now I have time. A meeting was cancelled. Come with me.


 

We arrived at a nice office. The furniture was black and the floor had a shinning white-dream colour. He sat down on a big chair and pointed to the one in front of his table.

“how can I help you?”
“I want to join this entertainment.”
“Now I see the problem. As you maybe know is the casting over and to join in another way isn't that easy as you may think. One way is if you are recommended by someone else of this entertainment and then you will have a single casting. But because nobody knows you and your talent, I'm not allowed to cast you.”

My hopes disappeared.

“But because I like you personality and your determination I can cast you alone. My question is what is your talent and why you want to join this entertainment?”

Ops. I didn't think about this.


 

Eunhyuk POV

Did he really think I do something like this rude?.

“No, I won't do this! It's...”, I try to calm down. I can't get nervous this time.
“You know me and this isn't my thing. I can sing and dance. I look good and I can make people laugh but THIS! No, this is too much for me.”

Leeteuk sighed. “But it'll make your popularity rise bigger and I think it will help you. Your problem is.”

“I KNOW what my problem is!” I stood up and leave the room. I start to run. I run somewhere. I don't know where I run but just away of this thoughts. I don't realise that I reach that place where everything began.


 

Mija POV

I lied to Supervisor Kim. I lied that I can sing and dance. I thought that he wont hear me or just give me a contract. But how dump could I be? He wouldn't let me join if he don't know if I can sing, would he? And now I'm standing in a studio ans my legs are shaking of nervousness.

“Which song do you want?” G-Dragon take me back from my thoughts. He was this studio guy who take all the recordings and doing the music stuff.

“Ehm ... I don't know. What do you have?”Somehow I must escape.

“We have everything. Just tell me what you want”

I thought for a moment. I don't know one of the latest song but one I loves as a child and the lyrics wasn't hard.

 Why I like you from Super Junior.”A few seconds later I heard the song in the headphones.

 

Supervisor Kim and G-Dragon stared at the screen. G-Dragon hit his leg to the rhythm of the song. I close my eyes and waited for the beginning of the signing. Suddenly the music stop. I look at the Supervisor.

This is an instrumental version or do you want to hear the original?”

the original would be better.”

The music start again. The same picture was in front of me. But instead of just two people sitting I saw Donghae at the background. He smirked.


TVreul kyeomyeon deullineun, sesang yegideureun,
Eoggaereul cheojige woowoorhage haedo
Oneul achim geudaem, ajoo malgeun mogsorineun,
I do, I do, I do, yeah

Nal wanbyeokhage, naega saragage,
Nareul wootge haneun, dan hanaui iyoo, yeah
Geudaega iddaneun geot, yeah


Geudaega, geudaega, nan geudaega,
Saranghae, saranghae, neol saranghae,
Rago marhal ddae, nareul midge dwae.

Geudaega, geudaega, nan geudaega
Gamanhi, gamanhi, nae nooneul
Bomyeo wooseul ddae, nado wootge dwae
Niga joheun iyoo

All the time I watch Donghaes eyes. I try to sing the best I can to show him that I'm the better one.

Manhgo manheun saramdeul, nareul mollajweodo,
Eoggaereul jjwak pyeoge, deo jashinigge haejool
Naui dan han saram, saranghaneun nae saram
My U, My U, My U, yeah

Cheoeumboda jomdeo, eojeboda jomdeo,
Oneureun deo geudaereul, saranghade dwen iyoo, girl
Woori doorui bimil, yeah

The Supervisor cut me off and told me to come to them.