outreach

one love

the following day, you prepared for the stuffs that you'll be bringing along with you for the outreach. and at exactly 9 am, you are on your school ground and waits for the bus bound to the outreach location. There are so many students who joined the outreached, but most of them are the normal students, those fabulous and sossy students didn't joined this program, they didn't want their hands to get dirty.

"tss.. lame reasons they have,"you whispered to yourself as you overheard those fabulous students talking bad things about this program.

Then the bus arrived. the first bus is occupied mostly by the freshmen so you chose to ride on the second bus. you look for any vacant seat, you walked towards the seat on the second row but you saw that there is a bag occupying the two seats.

"urrggh, there's no other seat left. i dont wanna stand in this bus." you murmured to yourself. then right on time the guy who you thinks occupy the seat arrived. he gets his bag from the first seat and sits on the seat beside the window.

"umm, excuse me, does anyone occupy this seat already?" you asked the guy who wears a tinted spectalcles.

"no. you can sit there afrina" he answered.

"wait a minute, how did you know my name?" you said and give him a puzzled look.

"Its me youngmin" he answered and removed his spectacles and winks at you.

"oh, its you. why do you have to wear that kind of spectacles??" you asked him as you takes your sit.

"oh, this?? its my protection from the girls.. so they won't recognized me" youngmin answered and chuckled.

"really?? so girls really throw themselves to you huh??" you said and smirked.

"yes, they do.. but i dont like them. There is only one that i love" youngmin said seriously and looked at you.

"hmm, she must be so lucky." you said and smiled.

"yes she is.. but i haven't confess to her yet. i dont want her to bullied by other girls, that's why i want to keep my feelings for her to be able to protect her" youngmin said and looks out of the window.

"ooh, in the right time, maybe everything will turned out to be just fine :)" you answered and give him a smile.

all throughout the trip, you and youngmin are just chatting with each other, and after 2 more hours you fell asleep at youngmin's shoulder.

"i will protect you" youngmin mumbles to himself and looks at you again.

1 hour passed and you finally reached your destination.

"hey, afrina. wake up now, we're here." youngmin said as he taps your shoulder.

"mmm, we're here already??"you said as you try to open your eyes.

"yes, common now. we need to set our tents" youngmin said and pulled you out of your seat.


The head organizer set out rules to be followed during your stay for the outreach. Girls and boys have separate camps. girls will help in doing child  care while the boys will help on building the houses of the families affected by the typhoon. Everything turns out to be easy on your part since you love kids a lot. But you still feel exhausted during the night.You sleep soundly because you are really tired then someone calls for your name.

"afrina! hey afrina! wake up now, it's already 7 in the morning." you can recognized that it is youngmin's voice but you feel so tired and dont wanna wake up.

"afrina!! you'll be scolded by the head organizer if you will not go out of your tent.. come on now!!" youngmin. you finally streched your body and yawned, your still sleepy but youngmin is right. you need to get up or else you'll be scolded. you get out of your tent and go to the water shed to wash your face.

"your a total sleepyhead afrina." youngmin told you as he handed you your breakfast.

"i was just tired. im sorry, thanks for waking me up and also for this breakfast" you answered him and start eating your breakfast.

"that was nothing. what our friends are for, right?" youngmin said.

"yeah,.thanks for being my friend." you said and smiled at him.

"okay, i have to go back to work now.. there are still few houses for me to built." youngmin said and wave you goodbye.

"bye! take care" you said and wave him goodbye too.

and like yesterday you have to do child care today and to helped the mothers of those children to do the laundry on a river. it is already 4 in the afternoon when you finished with the laundry. you are about to leave with the others when you heard a cry of a boy, he was on the other side of the river. nobody can get him out of there because the current suddenly becomes strong. The boy is now crying real hard. You suddenly go into the other side of the river and got the boy in your hands. you try to carry him and looked for something you can hold to, you have to balanced yourself and fight the water current or else both of you will be carried by the water current. you exerted all of your energy and you safetly reached the other side. all of your schoolmates and the mothers gathered by your side and helped you and the boy walked to the camp. upon reaching your tent you lay down your body. you feel so tired and exhausted.. you can also feel that a fever is coming. you just closed your eyes and...

"afrina how are you feeling?" youngmin asked you the moment he saw you opened your eyes.

'youngmin, what are you doing here?" you asked him ignoring his question.

"i was supposed to wake you up but when i touch your forehead your so hot, so i called the organizer to checked you up, he gives me this medicine, you should drink this afrina.. your fever is very high." youngmin explained to you and handed you a bread and the medicines.

"thanks. oh, how can i help for todays chores if i have fever. i'm totally useless" you blurted out.

"come on. i heard that you save a boy's life. that means your a superhero then. youre not useless, dont put yourself down afrina" youngmin said and help you to sit.

"they may send me home if i will be like this. but i can't go home like this, my parents will scold me" you tell youngmin as you eat your breakfast.

"stop thinking too much okay?? you just need a rest now. dont go outside okay?? you looked so pale," youngmin said and give you a bottled water. you just nod your head and drink your medicine,

"i have to go now, just sleep okay.. i'll bring you your lunch later. bye. " youngmin said and went out of your tent. since you really feel sick, you just sleep again ,maybe tomorrow you will be better.

during the niight you can feel that your fever is already gone, thanks to youngmin who served as your nurse during that day.

"i will be the one to give him breakfast tomorrow just to show my gratitude " you said to yourself and try to sleep again, you have to wake up early tomorrow.


"goodmorning youngmin, rise and shine!!" you greeted him as you reached his tent.

"mmm,"youngmin answered.

"hey, come on, get up now, i brought you some breakfast" you said as you pulled his blanket. youngmin suddenly shivers.you touched him on his forehead and he is really hot.

"youngmin, you have a fever.. wait a minute, i will call the organizer." you said and go out of the tent quickly.

the organizer checked youngmin and give you told you that youngmin should be send home along with the others who also have fever.

"okay, i'll help him packed his things." you said to the organizer.

"hey, youngmin, they will be sending you home now along with the others" you told him.

"i dont wanna go afrina. i want to stay here with you." youngmin said weakly.

"but the organizer already make a decision. i will be alright here" you said and start to packed youngmin's stuff.

"i really dont wanna go. who's gonna take care of you here?"youngmin said and hold your hands.

"don't worry, i can take care of myself."you said and smiled at youngmin.

you've just finished packing youngmin's stuff when the organizer arrived.

"the van will be here after 10 minutes" he said.

"afrina, can i talked to you for a minute" the organizer added. you followed him outside.

"afrina, can you go home with him., we need one person to nursed each sick patient, you want to be youngmin's nurse?" he asked you.

"that's fine with me" you answered.

"okay then, start packing your stuffs now, the van will arrived soon." he said and leave you.

you go to your tent and you are not fnished fixing your stuff when the van arrived. it is about to leave when the organizer approached you,

"afrina, move faster okay??" he said and looked at you.

"yes sir, im done. i'll go now" you said and rushed out of the tent.


you get in the van and saw youngmin at the back part of the van, he was asleep. you approached him and sit beside him. he moved a little but didn't opened his eyes.

"youngmin, you can lean your head in my shoulder, you'll feel more comfortable than leaning on the van's window" you said and looked at youngmin.

"ohh, afrina.. what are you doing here??"youngmin said and smiled weakly.

"im your nurse for today" you answered and you points your shoulder. youngmin then leaned his head on your shoulder.

"this is way much better. i think my fever is going down now, since my superhero is now beside me" youngmin said making his voice sounds lively.

"haha. im no superhero" you said and ruffles his hair.

"umm, i think i know exactly what will take away this fever" youngmin said and looked at you.

"what?" you answered.

"a superhug and a super kiss" youngmin said in a childish manner. you just looked at him and raised your eyebrows.

"okay, can i just have a super hug??" youngmin said with those puppy eyes. you shook your head for disapproval.

"uhhh, guess i'll be dealing with this fever longer than expected." youngmin said with a frowny face.

"you can drink this medicine" you said and chuckled.

"can i borrow your hands" youngmin said as he leaned his head on your shoulders again.

"sure" you said and moved your hands toward him. youngmin suddenly locks his fingers with yours.

"afrina, remember when you said that the girl i loved the most is so lucky??" youngmin asked.

"yes.i do" you answered.

"then, you are so lucky" youngmin said.

"hmmm..wae??" you asked.

"i hope i can hold this hands forever. because this hands are the hands of the girl i loved the most" youngmin said and kissed your hands.

your face is blushing,

"did he just told me that i am the girl whom she loved the most" you said to yourself.

"i hope you are willing to catch me.. because im already falling for you afrina." youngmin said and looked straight into your eyes. you can't find any words to say. you just smiled at him.

"i will protect you and i will always take care of you" youngmin said and hold your hand tightly.

"yes. i will allow you to take care of me. but as of the moment, let me take care of you first.. close your eyes now and sleep. you need to rest. don't worry, i'm not going to leave you." you said and carressed youngmin's face.

"yes ma'am., now can i have my superhug?" youngmin said and turned to looked at you..

"not that easy, go to sleep now youngmin." you said and chuckled.

"hmmm, alright.. i love you afrina, i will wait for my superhug when i get better" youngmin said and leaned his head again in your shoulder. moments later, youngmin is fast asleep,

" i love you too , youngmin" you whispered in his ears and you leaned in his head. wishing that this moment will last till forever..

 

~~~~~~~

Hope you liked this one shot!! :)

thanks for reading !!!