The Making of Ki-umma

Being Appa's Match Maker

 

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ 02 ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

 

Minyoung is glad to be back, back in school where she can socialise with all of her friends. She didn't get the chance to meet during the holidays as well as being able to read to her hearts content- yes, a trip to Disneyland Paris was amazing and something all her friends are sure to be jealous of. Yet not being able to meet up with friends was quite mood dampening for the younger.

How could she have fun in Paris, when the women there were just as bad, if not more shameless than the women here in Korea, the younger really hates the idea of her dad even associating himself with the likes of them, why can't they be sensible and proper like her aunty Jessica; pretty, nice and well mannered. Minyoung as intelligent as she is couldn't understand what makes it so difficult for other women to be so crude.

Breathing; was something at least the younger was finally able to do, most days there would be a hoard of women waiting outside their car to see if Minho or Jonghyun was the one dropping the little girl off. But now that Minho is happily going out with Taemin, it was no longer her duty to take care of his uncle. Now it's only her dear young naive father that needs protecting. 'Ahh, if only there is one, just perfect for you, Appa' the little girl thought, heaving a loud sigh.

"Hey kiddo, what's up with the long sigh, did you miss me that much?" A blonde, cat-like eyed male asked. Putting the girl down, kneeling down to her eye level.

"What's wrong?" Russet brown eyes hazed with worry.

"Nothing's wrong umma, I just missed you that's all," the little girl responded cheerfully hugging the other; encircling her thin arms around the neck of the elder.

You must be wondering, why a girl of Minyoung's age find it so effortless to call a grown male 'Umma' so carelessly. And why the grown man finds it so easy to accept being called 'Umma'. Well, the male for starters as hard it is to believe (or maybe be not because, you really must be blind if you didn't) looked far more attractive and enchanting than nearly half of the women that populated Seoul, at the most. With blonde platinum hair and his odd yet eye catching fashion sense to his snarky humour and heart of gold (though can be really bossy at times, but hey not everyone is perfect), from the hips that seem far to curvy to belong to a man, to long legs no girl can even compare to, it's fair to say that Kim Kibum or infamously known by Minyoung as Ki-umma, is hands down the most amazing, endearing and outright beautiful man you would ever have the pleasure to see.

Having the title of 'Umma' was inevitable because for every student that sat in front of him brings a story of how Kibum became their umma at school. Although there is only one person whose story stood out the most for Kibum, Minyoung, the girl who seems to live two different lives.

The first year of elementary is always terrifying for any child, trying to see how the real world works. To find out if they're going to make friends, but for this one, school is a way to escape her play pretend at home.

Minyoung was always told how great, how caring and beautiful her mother was. Pictures and videos were shown to her by her father and uncle. But as strong as she makes herself want to be when talking about the said problem; don't all little girls look forward to their mum braiding their hair for school, cooking them yummy breakfast and even joke about how bad, her daddy was in tying their hair. 

It was the same as being told that she could get any toy she wanted but then not really getting it at the end. Minyoung wanted a mother. Just someone who can both make her dad happy and love and care for her, even if she's a little rude in the mornings or when she whines; refusing to eat her vegetables.

Every little girl felt like that, not just Minyoung. But the sad truth it was only her, everybody had their mums with them for annual 'Bring your mum to school day'. Every one except for her. The little girl can't help but want a mum of her own. A mother figure she can call her own. Yes, Sunhye the only actual woman who she had looked up to had provided everything she could for the little girl. Yet sometimes it just wasn't enough. Something was missing and it irritated the younger because even she didn't know why.

Never once would she dare to bring up the subject of wanting a mother to her father though. Just because she wants him to fall in love in his own time not just for his daughter sake; who felt lonely without a mother to look after her. So she would act that extra happy and all that much more livelier at home, just to show her dad that she was alright, that all she needed was her appa, uncle Minho, uncle Jinki and aunty Jessica. 

But being only 7, the troubled girl can't help but slip up once in a while; she's no actress either, although for sure an oscar was just right around the corner.

As a teacher Kibum, found this heart-breaking. To see the once lively girl hop off the car saying goodbye with a gigantic smile to her uncle before walking into class morphing into a friendly quite girl who loved to be alone. In the safe place of the reading corner with 3 books at hand, 'Bambi', 'Baby sheep and Mama Sheep' and 'Goldilocks and the three bears’.

Kibum is smart enough to know that a girl, whose clutch was as tight as that on three very specific books, is indeed in search for a mother to love and take care of her. So he decided that even as a boy, Kibum would try his hardest to the best job as the permanent substitute the six year old was yearning for.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Being a teacher, especially one who specialises in children age ranging from 5 to 8 years olds, is everything he wanted to be; the person that shapes their life from the very beginning, the person who teaches them how to be kind to others. It was his dream and being offered that position in a school right after he gained his diploma was the cherry on top of the cake for the now 22 year old Kim Kibum.

Kibum likes the feeling of being in control, being the person everybody would have no choice but to listen to. Because his life was never really a fairy-tale either, as he grew up people would always tell him what to do, what to become; who to become. He absolutely hated it, and being the way he is now is something he didn't want to become but turned out to be anyway. Yet the 22 year old doesn't mind, doesn’t detest. Though he loathes being flustered (where his cheeks and his ears go red), it was something he saw as a weakness because no one should ever have the right to make you feel embarrassed. He was never the one to blush, smile or be affectionate with anyone, and so he was often called cold-hearted by the auburn haired younger; Taemin. Choosing to become a teacher made the auburns eyes douple- no triple in size because it really wasn't like the elder to be affectionate and now choosing a occupation that forces you to be affectionate with children. Taemin didn't know if he was hearing things or if the elder was just bluffing.

However Taemin never knew, that it was the younger's dream to be a teacher and now that the younger can witness the way Kibum's cheeks rises, lips stretching into a content smile because of something a cute 5 year old did. It just surprised him. In a good way though. Taemin concludes those s that spat and stomped on the older's heart didn't deserve to even witness a dimpled smile as angelic as that anyway.

Kibum promised himself that he would do the best he could do, for the sake of his students and would not let his past get in the way.

But his very first day as a teacher in his new school, was the most memorable for the blonde, it was the day in which a little girl was able to make his smile even brighter and his heart that little lighter.

So as Kibum, stands in front of the class room door, with a big smile plastered on his face, promising himself that he wouldn't pick favourites, as cute as some maybe, because everyone should be loved equally.

However Kibum never knew, that there would be this one little girl he just can't help but favour from the rest; not because she was lively, loud or bold (all the factors any teacher would be fond of) but because of the exact opposite, which puzzled the male teacher even further.

On the first day of school, the said little girl arrived the latest out of all her peers. He was inside of the class room but as he stood in between the space of the open door waiting to welcome her in, he could tell from the way she bounced so enthusiastically in the seat of the car and the wide smile that was plastered on her face, that this little girl would become a great character in this class.

But how wrong he was, the girl was accompanied by Taemin his assistant teacher to the class, he smiled at her, kneeling to her eye level. "Good morning, little girl. My name is Kim Kibum, what's your name?" He asks displaying his straight teeth smile, extending a hand towards the younger.

The girl bowed a full 90 degrees before shaking the elder's hands, something which made the young teacher smile. 'What a polite beautiful girl, raised by good parents' the male thought with a smile.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim seonsaengnim. My name is Kim Minyoung, 5 years old." The older can't help but want to hug and kiss the little creature, whose words were so polite and proper.

"Why don't we put your coat and bag in your peg before sitting down with the rest of the class?" Kibum proposes the little girl smiled and nodded before following him to the hallway, other pegs already full of bags and coats.

With all the children seated in front of him, with bright smiling faces Kibum can't help but feel his heart flutter. He also couldn't help himself to look for the little girl named, Minyoung- seated at the back with legs crossed accompanied with attentive ears; this is going to be the best two years of his career, the blonde concludes.

"Good morning every one, today is everybody's first day of school. I am Kim Seonsaengnim and this here..." Kibum says confidently with animated hand gestures before pointing to the person beside him. "is, Lee Seonsaengnim and for the next two years we will be teaching you. I hope we can all have fun and make wonderful friends everybody." Kibum finished with. Smiling at every student he sees, especially to the little girl at the back who returned his smile warmly.

The first break time they had, was full of laughter and excitement. The kids loved the built in playground made just for their entertainment while others sat down quietly munching on their own individual cookies and milk with their new found friends. Kibum whose neck began to hurt from the constant moving, sighed as his eyes are yet to fall on a certain loose lopsided pig tailed hair girl with a brown bear cardigan and denim skirt, he goes inside to search and what he sees absolutely amazed him. Unlike the others, towards the little girl Kibum's mother instinct seem to run so lively for; seated all by herself with a book propped between her knees. A fluffy teddy bear was clutched between her arms while she was reading one of his favourite books, Bambi. The male sat down admiring the girl, wondering why she preferred to be alone rather than socialising with others around her.

That soon became a normal routine for Kibum, watching the little girl read, books rotating day after day for the little girls entertainment. Seeing the book the girl would constantly read made Kibum wonder, if the little girl was missing someone.

"What are you reading there, sweetheart?" He says kneeling down beside the little girl, making the other look up and smile.

"It's Goldilocks and the three bears," Minyoung says with a smile and Kibum doesn't miss the fact that the little girl caresses the mother bear longer than any of the other two characters. He had haunch of what could be wrong but he was entirely sure either.

"Your parents must be very good people, teaching you how to read at such a young age." Kibum says in a whisper, hands gliding through the page of the book. The girl smiled brightly.

"My daddy said, smart girls should know how to read and write before they turn 5 so monsters won't eat them." The comment made the male laugh.

"Indeed monsters won't eat you." He replies.

"What did mummy make you for lunch, sweetheart? Is it something yummy?" He asks and he realises that he hits the bull right in the head with his haunch and he hates it.

"I don't have a mummy; daddy said she died when I was still a baby." The girl says sadly fingers still caressing the mummy bear in the book. Every small caresses breaking the blonde's heart.

Kibum doesn't know why or how he even came to proposed something so stupid but he did it anyway. "I could be your mummy, you can call me Ki-umma if you like and I'll call you Mimi." The thought of it being stupid completely vanishes from Kibum's mind when the little girl turns to face him with a giant smile. The same ones she gave to the man the dropped her of the first day.

Nodding enthusiastically she asked. "Are you sure? I can call you Ki-umma from now on?" He can't help but giggle at the doe eyes in front of him before nodding his head.

"Of course, sweetie. But for starters should umma tie your hair up properly, it's starting to loosen."

The girl whose smile never faltered became even wider turning around so that her new umma can have full access to her smooth brown hair. "My daddy can never get it right, Ki-umma." Minyoung giggled, remembering how hard her father tries every morning to tie her hair up into pig tails.

It made Kibum smile, because the girl he saw jumping out of the car on the very first day was now the same girl that is sat in front of him. He couldn't surpass the giggle that left his mouth at the sight of lopsided loosely tied pigtails. "We can't blame daddy now can we, I can see he tried very hard." The older says untying the hair bands carefully, before brushing through smooth silk-like hair.

"All done, baby!" He says with a smile as he brushes the final tips of the newly tied pigtails, making the 5 year old automatically brush her hair with her hands, "Thank you, umma" and Kibum doesn't regret offering to be the little girls substitute mother, "No problem, baby."

That day seemed to start a whole new experience for Kibum. Every day he finds himself wanting to go to work more. Just for knowing that a little girl is waiting for him there.

The two got closer as time passes. Yet Kibum never once saw the little girl's father, who she spoke so fondly of. He shoves the unneeded thought away because it wasn't completely necessary anyway.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

The memory of the day he came to love the little girl that called him 'Umma' so dearly is yet to stop him from smiling. However it did start to intrigue the other who had fathered the little girl that makes his heart flutter. Because up till this day has he yet to meet the man that is lucky enough to be the father of such a smart and strong hearted girl.

"I've gotten lots of books for you to read, Minnie," he said pointing to the pile of books sat on his desk, making the girl's eyes widen and mood suddenly brighten.

"I really miss you Umma," she said before giving the blonde a peck to the cheek and loving embrace.

"I missed you lots too, baby."

Just as Kibum lets go of the 7 year, who had already started to run and talk to her friends, did a red tinted Taemin shut the door of the class room. 'I guess someone's happy', the elder thought cheekily. He was aware of the blossoming relationship between Taemin; his closest best friend; co-worker and Choi Minho, Minyoung's 22 year old uncle. Needless to say he was happy for the two and sometimes he finds himself envying the younger. 'When will he find the perfect man that won't cheat, lie or hurt him?' Shaking his head to erase the thought; he doesn't need a man in his life right now, when 25 children were already making him happy.

"What's making you so happy, Taemin-ah?" the blonde asked, voice filled with mischievousness.

The pink tinted boy smiles before bringing his hands to his face to cover the embarrassment of his tinted cheeks, "Minho said his that he is going to be introducing me to the Kim's officially." The younger said voice muffled by his hands still trying to cover his blushing face.

The older smiles, "Don't worry Taeminnie, they'll love you, Minyoung already loves you for her uncle." The blonde reassures the auburn, patting his shoulders reassuringly.

"I do hope so, hyung. I really want them to accept us." Kibum shakes his head again because he knew how hard it was to not like Taemin; he'll do just fine.

Taemin on the other hand was both nervous and excited; Minho told him what a lovely family the Kims’ are. How Jonghyun-hyung was a lovely open minded person. Taemin knew that he shouldn't worry so much. Yet the boy couldn't help but feel nervous. ‘I just hope everything goes the way it's supposed to.’ He thought positively.

 

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ 02 ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

 

SURPRISE!!!

I hope I surprised you guys good XD

Well lets just say I got to excited and happy becuse damn you guys increased fast lol, 43 awesome people already giving me love ahh thank you so much and so this early update is for you guys 

Plus I'm so near to reaching 200 unique subbie in aff and I finally reached 200 followers on tumblr (I know not really a lot but for someone who only reblogs, im freaking throwing a party)

Anyway, I hope you guys like the update quite boring but i need to do it sorry and yeah...

That was Minni and Key's first meeting I think its kinda cute and lol that was a true story, when I did my work experience a girl was really like that and no i didnt offer to be her mum but she got really close to me and gosh my heart broke when i had to leave because she was literally crying rivers TT__TT

Chapter 3 will be up... I dunno lol but soon if i can finish it on time and if anyone is curious Jongkey's meeting will be chapter 4 so yeah please wait but it's necessary 

-iloveyou-

And end of JONGKEY spam

now I can stop because ^^that^^ is just perfection.

 

 

P.s Jongkeywedding

approved!