keyboard war?

Anonymous.

TOYFREAK wrote: I may not be a professional musician, But I know how it's like to be an indie band . It's harder than u think.

DIETBEAR wrote: Tsk. What is indie? Do u even know what that means?

TOYFREAK wrote: what? U think I'm some wannabe musician girl who don't know how the industry is like?

Mithra pauses at the last note. "It's a girl..... " he thought to himself. He is clearly intrigued.

DIETBEAR wrote: Then, why don't you enlighten this fatboy.... why is it so hard to be indie?

"fat...BOY? So fatboy wanna test me huh?." Athina thought to herself. She stretched her arms, and cracked her knuckles, and placed her fingers on the keyboard.

TOYFREAK wrote: being indie means, you dont work under a label. You find your own gigs, you find your own capital. Lets take producing an album for an example. First you have to have your songs and concept. Once you have it ready, you record it. You need a studio. You can diy if you have your own, or u rent it usually on a per hour basis. When recording you need a sound engineer... If one of you can do it, then good, if not, u hire one.... U'll also need a producer, someone who looks over the whole process. Someone to listen out for mistakes, or feel, listen to the diction etc.... After the recording is done u go to mixing. Which is one hell of a headache. Den u send it for mastering. Both of it requires time and skill, or time and money (den u can send it elsewhere to be mastered). 

Now you have your songs. You need to design your packaging. Then u send for duplication or pressing. Usually minimum 500 copies for professional pressing. So u have ur cd. Now you have to promote it. You flood SNS trying to get attention. You manage your sns accounts. You crave response. You have to be responsive as well. You create videos and upload on youtube to get attention. You need to launch your album. You source for venues, you source for possible locations. You find gigs to be heard. You set the price for your cds, you sell them, you deliver them if need be...... And theres much more to it then whatever i mentioned...

When you're indie, you have to do all this yourselves, or pay someone to do it for you....... It requires effort, time, money and a lot of planning.......

Mithra stared at his screen. Toyfreak just wrote an essay. She knows what she's talking about. All of the things she said, he went through all that when they were mapthesoul. Just as she said. It's hard. Mithra smiles. At least someone out there knows what musicians go through...

DIETBEAR wrote: wow. That was long. I'm sorry i doubted you. Just that too many know-it-alls out there online, pretending they know everything. Pisses me off.

TOYFREAK wrote: you apologising? Awwwww..... You lost. :p

Mithra facepalmed himself. Why did he apologise. Darn. He chuckled to himself.

DIETBEAR wrote: you a musician? You seem to know a lot.

TOYFREAK wrote: im a designer... But you are right actually. I'm a wannabe musician and songwriter.

DIETBEAR wrote: dont say that. What genre do u play? Do you have a sample? Lemme listen, then i'll decide whether you're a wannabe or not.

TOYFREAK wrote: hmm..... We play ska / reggae / pop stuff. A sample... Hmmm....... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxKteYDUQcE&sns=em

Mithra clicked on the link and was anticipating the video. Only to be interrupted by the vibrating on his phone. Tukutz name was flashing on his screen.

DIETBEAR: hey i gtg. watch ur clip later... So i'll see you on cyberspace?

TOYFREAK: oh... Aight..... Ttyl.

Athina hate to admit it, but he kinda enjoy chatting with DIETBEAR. And she sorta wanted him to comment on the video.... Guess she'll have to wait till next time...

 


Author's note: sorry for being shameless. The video, is actually my band performing on our album launch. The story isnt about me, even though i wished it was. Lol. N yeah, making the album caused us so much stress and we almost gave up. But we managed to sell 400 copies within 2 weeks. So we're quite happy :) i dont know if anyone will read this... But yeah :) thanks for reading... :)