Are We Together Now?

My Boss’s Son Is My Housemate?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 10. Are We Together Now?

 

“Fany-ah… Can I tell you something?”

 

Taeyeon held Tiffany’s right hand and intertwines their fingers as he rested them on his lap. They are sitting next to each other at one of the benches near the Han River, waiting for the sun to set.

 

Just like a love fool, Tiffany just allowed herself to be melted in Taeyeon’s smile, touch, and sweetness. Who would not give in with a cute and handsome guy who bribed a cute little young boy with free ice creams for him and his friends just to help him to wipe her tears and make her smile beautifully?

 

“What is it?” she softly said as she rested her head comfortably on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

Tiffany doesn’t want to think of anything else at the moment. For now, she just wanted to enjoy Taeyeon’s company. Being so close to the one she loves feels extremely subtle and light in a way that it seems to be too perfect for her.

 

“Can you promise me that you’ll be my friend forever even if I already find someone to give my heart to?” Taeyeon softly asked as he rested his head on top of Tiffany’s.

 

Tiffany’s heart ached upon hearing such request from the guy whom she gave her heart to. She just closed her eyes and silently sighed, trying her best not to breakdown.

 

“I promise…” she whispered, almost barely audible.

 

Taeyeon smiled upon hearing the promise from the girl. He lifts his head up and watches the sun setting down the horizon in the river. They both stayed silent for a few moments until Taeyeon decided to ask another question to the girl, whose eyes are still closed and oblivious of the beauty of the sunset.

 

“Do… do you want to know… who that someone is?” Taeyeon carefully asked. He sounded so calm and blissful. No one would think that he is so nervous like a man preparing to pop the question to his girl.

 

“Who?” Tiffany asked and lifted her head up from Taeyeon’s shoulder as she pulled her hand from the guy’s grasp. She grabbed the pink stuffed puppy that sitting on her left side and hugged it.

 

Though it hurts her, she can’t help but be eager to know this girl whom Taeyeon and her friends have been talking about. She is not sure how she will take it. She’s not sure how she will react or how she should react after hearing the answer. It breaks her heart to know that the person who taught and showed her how to fall in love, can't be there to catch her when she falls.

 

“She doesn’t like me when we met for the first time… she was cold to me. She was reluctant to converse with me at first but I really find it amusing.” Taeyeon chuckled as he remembers the first time he met Tiffany. He looked to his left and stared lovingly at Tiffany, who’s hugging the stuffed toy while keeping her eyes closed.

 

“One day, I was lost and she found me. That was the start of our friendship, I guess? From that day, she began to comfortably interact with me, we had small talks and I just found myself comfortable with her that I told her my past. We became closer… I started to treat her like how I treat Jessica and my sister.” Taeyeon paused and waits for Tiffany’s reaction, with a smile on his face.

 

Tiffany opens her eyes upon hearing the name of her best friend and she turns her head to the right to look at Taeyeon, resting her head on the stuffed toy. She stared at Taeyeon, asking him to continue. Being honest, it gave her a glimmer of hope but she doesn’t want to assume it was her for it will just hurt her more if she’s wrong.

 

“But I just found myself treating her more special than anyone else. I always want to see her smile… her smile is just plain beautiful… she said I always startle her so she will hit me, smack me, push me hard, bite me, pinch me… I think she just really loves to physically abuse me…” Taeyeon softly giggles.

 

Tiffany slowly lifted her head up from the stuffed toy without breaking her stare at Taeyeon. Her heart is starting to thump faster and the butterflies on her stomach seems like they wanted to escape through .

 

“But I don’t really care… because I know, if she’ll hit, smack, bite, or push me, she will say sorry and help me rub, get up, or even treat the sore part… if she’ll pinch me on my cheek, she will always kiss it afterwards…” Taeyeon continued and warmly smiled at Tiffany. He held Tiffany’s right hand again and stared at the rose gold bracelet that he gave to the girl months ago.

 

“Before I knew it, I've already grown fond of everything about her… I don’t know how many times I tried to deny or even brush off the thought that… slowly, she’s taking a very special part in my heart…”

 

“Taetae…” Tiffany softly called his name. And when he tilted his head up, his eyes met the glistening eyes of Tiffany.

 

“Fany-ah… I can’t replace Yoona in my heart… no one can. But… this girl… she is the only one who opened a special part in my heart that I never knew existed.”

 

Tiffany was lost for words. She wasn’t sure if she’s hearing Taeyeon correctly and all she could do is stare at him while trying her best to hold her tears back.

 

Taeyeon gets a little flustered upon seeing the tears that’s forming on Tiffany’s eyes and he was afraid that Tiffany might get the wrong meaning of what he had just said.

 

He was never really good in words but sometimes, words are just naturally coming out of his mouth.

 

He gently squeezed Tiffany’s hand before interlacing their fingers and rested them again on his lap.

 

“Fany-ah… I… I… i-it’s…” Taeyeon stuttered.

 

“Just tell me who she is!” Tiffany snapped. She’s getting impatient and she can’t take it anymore. She just wanted to hear him say the name of the girl because it’s already driving her nuts, waiting.

 

“It’s you. I am talking about you, Fany-ah… “ Taeyeon finally said it.

 

And right on cue, Tiffany’s tears uncontrollably flows on her cheeks. She didn’t wait for Taeyeon to continue what he’s trying to say as she leans forward to him while placing the pink stuffed toy on the bench. She cupped Taeyeon’s cheek with her left hand and lovingly stared at the guy’s warm onyx eyes while caressing his cheek using her thumb.

 

Soon after, she closed her eyes and pressed her lips to his. Tiffany opens her lips slightly and slowly kisses him. Taeyeon was a bit surprised by the sudden kiss but nonetheless kissed her back. The kiss was really slow and gentle. They slowly kiss each other for several seconds before slowly pulling away and stared at each other’s eyes.

 

“I love you Taetae… and I will happily wait for that day until you can give me all your heart…” Tiffany softly said and gave Taeyeon the most beautiful eyesmile she could give to the stupid dork who’s melting her with his loving stare at the moment.

 

Taeyeon warmly smiled at her. He is so grateful that Tiffany accepted him and the girl is willing to wait until he’s completely ready. He doesn’t know what to say. He was so mesmerized by Tiffany’s loving eyes. He tucked Tiffany’s hair behind her ears using his right hand while the other is still interlaced on Tiffany’s hand. Gently, he wiped Tiffany’s tears and slowly, the gap between their faces becomes smaller again as the tip of their noses touched.

 

He gently caressed Tiffany’s face before closing his eyes and gives her slow, soft, and gentle kisses which Tiffany gladly reciprocated. They both linger between their kisses. But before they can deepen their kiss, Tiffany’s phone rang and as much as she doesn’t want to answer her phone, the ringing and vibration of the device perfectly distracted both of them.

 

The two pulled away from their kiss, with Taeyeon softly giggling and Tiffany pouting.

 

“Baby, answer your phone. It might be important.” Taeyeon said and gently planted a soft kiss on Tiffany’s lips.

 

The girl blushed upon hearing a new pet name from the guy and just obediently answered her phone after retracting her right hand from Taeyeon’s grasp. She silently groaned upon seeing the name of the person who just ruined their moment. Taeyeon softly chuckled upon seeing the reaction of Tiffany and swiftly wrapped his arm around her shoulders

 

“Tiff!!!! Oh my God! What took you so long to pick the phone up?!” The loud voice of her best friend was heard on her phone as she pulled the device away from her ear.

 

Taeyeon tilted his head and gave her a questioning look before mouthing ‘Jess?’. Tiffany nodded at him and casually put her phone on speaker mode so Taeyeon could also hear her best friend.

 

“What’s up, Jess?” Tiffany greeted her friend while comfortably leaning on Taeyeon.

“Are you with Taengoo? I’m here at your apartment…” Jessica’s voice cracked and soon after, Taeyeon and Tiffany heard sobs on the other line.

 

The two pulled away from each other and properly sat up on the bench. Hearing the crying Jessica on the other line worried them and Taeyeon took the phone from Tiffany’s hand.

 

“Jess… what happened?” Taeyeon carefully asked, giving Tiffany a worried look.

“Taengoo… Yul…” the girl couldn’t utter her words properly. Guessing that the couple had a fight, Tiffany faintly smiled at Taeyeon and grabbed her phone back.

“We’ll be there in a few… wait for us, okay?” Though Jessica didn’t answer, the two knows that the girl nodded her head.

 

Tiffany ended the call and placed it back into her purse. The two then walked hand in hand towards Tiffany’s car as Taeyeon hurriedly drove home, to console their sobbing friend.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

“Jess…”

“Tiff.”

 

Tiffany hurriedly sat beside her best friend on the couch. Seeing her best friend with traces of tears on her face, she hugged the girl tightly and didn’t utter any single word but just allowed her best friend to cry her heart out in her arms.

 

Taeyeon quietly put the pink stuffed toy and Tiffany’s purse on the other side of the couch before picking up the empty bottles of beer lying on the floor near Jessica’s spot. Not wanting Jessica to drink any more of the alcoholic beverages, he diligently brought all the bottles of beer to the kitchen before taking out his phone to call Yuri and ask what happened.

 

Just after a few rings, his call got answered but it was Sooyoung on the other line with loud music on the background. The two got a short talk about Yuri’s current drunk state and Taeyeon agreed to meet with his two buddies in the club a little later.

 

Taeyeon then went back to the living room and smiled upon seeing how Tiffany is caressing Jessica’s hair like a little sister while hugging her protectively in her arms. But the smile slowly fades on his face upon remembering why the girl that she treats like a sister is in that vulnerable state.

 

“I’ll take her to my room…” Taeyeon playfully said as he came closer to the two girls and noticed that Jessica is already sleeping in Tiffany’s arms, earning a deathly glare from Tiffany.

“I’m just kidding~~” He dorkily grinned at her and Tiffany just rolled her eyes, allowing Taeyeon to carry the sleeping drunk Jessica to her room.

 

While Taeyeon is tucking Jessica into Tiffany’s bed, Tiffany prepares some comfortable clothes for her best friend before changing to her own comfort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter