I've Mistaken You

Stress

I nervously play with my fingers as I stare at the wall blankly. Millions and millions of question came gushing into my mind as cold sweats starts forming on the top of my forehead. I brought my knees closer to my chest and hug it, warming myself. I shift my gaze onto the clock by the end table.

 

11pm

 

My thoughts were then interrupted when the main door pushed open. Shock, I hug my knees tighter. From the corner of my eyes, I stare at the tall figure, kicking his shoes to the side and dragging his feet to the kitchen, ignoring my presence. Building up the strength and courage beneath me, I slowly walk towards the kitchen. I stare at his back figure, gulping a cup of water. I clear my throat, catching his attention. He slams the cup on the counter and stares at me.

 

“J-jaejoong-oppa.. W-where were you?”

“Work.”

 

With that, he walk pass me and into the room we share. I follow him from the back as I grab onto his arms, making us halt.

 

“I went to your office earlier, you weren’t there. I asks HaNa-shi.. She said you weren’t coming. Jebal oppa, where were you?”

 

He yank his arms from my grip harshly as he turn around and glare holes through me. I flinch at his glares but nonetheless, I gather all the courage and stare back into his eyes.

 

“I was out.”

“Where?!”

 

I raise my voice, anger filled in my voice at his short replies. Furious and impatient, that’s what I’m feeling. I stare into his eyes as tears starts swelling up in mine. He grab onto my arms and push me against the wall, making me wince in pain. I shut my eyes as hot tears stream down my cheeks.

 

“Look, I’m tired. Lets have this talk some other times.”

“No.”

 

I push him away, making him stumble as I make my way to the room we share and pull out my luggage that’s been hiding underneath the bed, for who knows how long and quickly stuff all my belonging into it.

 

“What are you doing? Stop!”

 

Ignoring him like how he always did to me, I zip up the luggage and walk pass him, dragging the luggage with me. Running footsteps behind me as a pair of hands grabs onto my shoulders, turning me around in one swift movement.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?!”
“Away from you. We’re over.”

“No, don’t go.”

“Why not? I’m sick of tired of everything Oppa. You’ve change! You never looked at me like how you did before. I love you, my feelings for you never faded! But seems like yours did, and I have to do the same. Its no use trying anymore. I must go.”

“But I do love you!”

“Actions speaks louder.. Goodbye.”

 

With that, I grab onto the doorknob and pull it open. With heavy steps, I make my way out the apartment. Tears streaming down my face when his voice calls out for my name desperately. My eyes shot open widely when a pair of hands wraps itself on my waist. By the sense of it, I know its him. I grab onto his arms and pull it away with all my might but its no use, his too strong. I was taken aback when I felt my neck soaking wet. His… Crying.

 

“Jaejoong-oppa..”

“Please don’t leave me. I love you. Believe me _________. My feelings never faded as well. Please just don’t go.”

“But why, Oppa... Why?”

“I’m stressed out. With work.. Umma, she’s sick, Appa lost his job and Junsu-hyung recently got arrested. I’m just stressed out. My mind isn’t right these days, just please don’t make things worst. Please. Don’t leave me.”

 

I pull his hands away from the grip and turn around facing him. I didn’t know he suffer this much. I cup his cheeks as I stare at his eyes, red and swollen. I wipe the tear falling of his eyes with my thumb and snuggle into his warm chest that I misses so much as he pulls me closer, closing every gap betweens us.

 

“I’m sorry baby. I’m really sorry.”

“No oppa.. It’s not your fault. You should have told me, I could have helped you and wouldn’t mistaken you. I’m sorry.”

 

I pull away as I crush my lips on his, moving in rhythm. I’m feeling it , I feel loved again. Hot tears streams down my cheeks as we deepen the kiss. We pull away, panting for air as he cups my cheeks and wipe away the tears.

 

“I love you _______. I love you very much. You’re the only one I have now. I’m sorry for everything.”

“Its okay oppa. I’m sorry too.. I love you.”