oo2

Constellations (Long hiatus)

 

 

"Hey, Byunghun, what is that?" Byunghun looks at Daniel before looking towards the direction that his finger is pointing. Byunghun sees the bright substance in the sky and sighs softly.

"It's a star. If you connect the stars, you can see constellations." Daniel squints to get a better look then bursts out in a smile once he sees a figure. 

"You're right!" Byunghun gets up from his seat on the bed and goes to look for something in the drawers of the desk. Once he finds it, Byunghun heads back to his spot next to Daniel and sits down.

"Here, it's a book about constellations and horoscopes." Daniel's eyes sparkle in delight as he takes the book into his hands and hugs it tightly close to his chest. 

"I'll treasure it forever, Byunghun!"

 

-

 

Daniel's eyes fluttered open. He looked around him to only see a room filled with posters. Daniel sat up and got off of the bed. He curiously opened the door and walked around the house. 

"Hey,"  Daniel, startled, jumps back and stares at Joe. Joe eyes Daniel from top to bottom then leads him to the bathroom. "Shower." Daniel gives Joe a look before entering the bathroom along with Joe and some new clothes. Daniel stares at the clothes then at Joe.

"If I'm going to take a shower, you should get out," Daniel smirks as he reaches for the bottom of his shirt. "Unless you'd like to stay." Joe scoffs and rolls his eyes as he leaves Daniel to take a shower. Daniel quickly strips himself from his old clothing and climbs into the shower. Daniel turns on the water and sets it to hot. While Daniel waits, his vision suddenly becomes blurry.

He shakes his head and stares at his feet. Daniel slowly slides downward until he is sitting on the floor of the shower cubicle.

"I should be happy that I got adopted," Daniel states out to no one in particular. His hands reach to his head and run through his brown hair. "Why do I feel like something is missing though?"

Daniel sighs as he stands up to finish his shower. Once he was done, he steps out of the shower and grabs the tower that was left for him. He quickly dries his body and reaches for the clothes that Joe had left him. Daniel reaches for the shirt and takes it into his hand. He was about to put it on when realization hit him. This wasn't his shirt, it was Joe's.

While puzzled, Daniel brings the shirt to his nose and inhales the scent. It actually smelled nice; like lavender. Daniel took another whiff before he put on the shirt and the rest of the articles of clothing. Daniel stepped outside of the bathroom and was immediately greeted by the welcoming scent of food. Daniel curiously follows the scent into the kitchen where he sees Joe cooking something on the stove.

Daniel walks closer to Joe and looks over his shoulder. Daniel, completely satisfied by the food selection,  goes to sit down at the dinner table.

"Go set up the table." Joe says from the stove. He points out the a particular drawer next to him containing the silverware. Daniel frowns but gets up and goes to get the supplies that are necessary. Daniel stopped picking up the silverware and looks at Joe.

"How much people are eating?" Joe scoffs as he flips the fried rice in the pan.

"Six." Daniel fetches the need amount of each silverware and goes to set up the table. Six? Him and Joe were two, who were the other four?

Joe turns off the burner for the stove then heads upstairs in search for the other four. Daniel quietly walks over to the dinner table and takes a seat, waiting for the others to arrive.

Later, Joe comes back with some unfamiliar faces whom all look different. Daniel hangs his head low upon seeing Joe's face. Joe takes the plates of fried rice and brings them over to the table as the four sit down at their spots at the dinner table.

"Daniel, I'll introduce you to them after dinner." Joe says upon digging into his food. Daniel, without looking up, reaches for his spoon and quietly eats the food that was placed in front of him. Daniel slowly swallows the food, one after another. After some time, Daniel finally finishes his plate of food and patiently waits for the others to finish.

Once they all finished, Joe comes around to collect the dirty dishes and places them into the sink for later washing. Joe goes back to his seat and sits back down.

"Daniel." Daniel looks up to see Joe looking straight back at him. 

"This is Leo, he actually doesn't talk much, except to Ken. They're great friends. Ken is rather more on the wild side though, I sometimes don't see how they're compatible," Joe says as he gestures to the red-head and the black-haired man who were sitting next to each other. The red-head was hiding his face from everyone else while Ken was having small talk with a wide grin plastered on his face.

They did seem very close ... Maybe as close as Byunghun and I, Daniel thought. Daniel shook his head clear from the thought when Joe gestured to another individual. He had brown hair and a nice smile, well, from what Daniel could tell.

"Either way, this is Rokhyun. He's very friendly and outgoing, I think you'd like him. He's kind of like you, just more kind." Joe says as he gives Daniel that certain look. Daniel could only smile innocently back at Joe with puppy eyes. Joe then stands behind the chair of another individual and lifts his face up but covers his eyes with his hand. Immediately, Daniel thought they were twins even though his eyes were unshown. They looked exactly alike!

Heck, they looked exactly the same if it weren't for the hair color. Now that Daniel thinks of it, Joe did remind him of someone .. Who exactly though? Daniel squints as he carefully looks at Joe's and the other adopted guy's face. The first thing that popped into Daniel's mind? Lee Byunghun. They both looked exactly alike and the guy's hair didn't help in proving that theory wrong at all.

But, it has also been some time in which Daniel has got to see Byunghun, six years to be exact. Byunghun could look really different, but he wouldn't have changed that much, would he? Joe smiled warmly, which scared Daniel a bit, and opened his mouth to speak while leaning closer to the other guy's head.

"This, this is my favorite brother. He's talented in the field of art. Painting, photography, sculpture, media, dance, film, theater, music, you name it. Since he also loves music, I think you two will get along the most out of all the brothers." Joe looks at Daniel then back to the guy and then releases his hand from the guy's face.

The glowing brown orbs stared at him in awe. The body immediately got up from his seat and ran over to where Daniel was and hugged him really tightly. Daniel, who was really surprised on the sudden impact, could only stand there awkwardly while hesitantly hugging the other back.

"Daniel, I'd like you to meet Byunghun."

Byunghun? The Lee Byunghun he knew six years ago? This can't be, why would Byunghun be here? Daniel looked at Joe who was back to his usual self, stoic and no emotion.

"B-Byunghun?" Daniel managed to stutter out, surprised. The shorter blonde who got teary eyed looked back at Daniel and hugged him again.

"Y-yeah .. it's me, Daniel."

"I .. I thought I'd never see you again, Byunghun. It's been six years ..."

"I know how long it's been, Daniel. I .. I was waiting for you to come."

"What? You knew this would happen?" Daniel asks, astonished at his friend's response. Byunghun looked at Daniel closely and then leaned back to a seat. He looked over to Joe then to the others. The room became deadly quiet as Byunghun nodded to Joe. Joe stepped over to Daniel and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Did you ever read the book I gave you on horoscopes?" Daniel rubbed the back of his neck and shook his head nervously. Unable to detect the serious atmosphere that was taking place. "Well, I think we should tell you the whole truth."

"Here." Joe said while handing the book to Daniel. Joe flipped open to the first page and waiting till Daniel took a look at it.

 

" Horoscopes are more than just superstitions. Each and every horoscope sign has a special power along with it. Not everyone has these powers, however. The creatures that possess these powers are called ... "

... the page is ripped out from the book ...

" Not even all of these creatures have these unique powers. Specially picked babies are born with it, depending on how the Oracle sees their future. These creatures live on a planet named ... "

... another page is missing ...

 

Daniel looked up at Byunghun who gestured for Daniel to flip to the next page. Daniel flips the page and stares at all of the symbols that was imprinted on the piece of paper.

"So, are you trying to say .. we are these creatures?" Daniel looked surprised at Joe. Daniel thought that he had just gotten a new family, but he obviously got much more. A lot of information that Daniel could not process within the time that he was given.

"Yes, pretty much. We're called Fenti, I see that page was ripped. We all have powers according to our mark." Joe looked over to Byunghun who nodded and led Daniel away from the others in the dining room. Byunghun had led Joe and Daniel to a quiet bedroom where Daniel took a seat. Joe sat down on a chair that was opposite of Daniel that was still turned away in the direction of the desk. Byunghun plopped himself down next to Daniel and studied the book.

"What ... what are you?" Daniel asks hesitantly, he looks back at the book and then to Byunghun. Joe sits up straight in the chair but then puts his head back into his arms. 

"Hm? Me ... I'm a Capricorn, the wielder of time manipulation." Joe says while letting out a soft sigh before looking into Daniel's eyes.

"D-do you ... have a m-mark?" Daniel stutters while carefully flipping through the book that he was given to learn more about Joe's powers. Joe nods his head and pulls down the collar of his shirt. Daniel feels his blood rush to his cheeks and covers his eyes with his hands. Joe leans closer to Daniel and tries to pull his hands off of his face.

"Come on, you said you wanted to see it!"

"I-I didn't k-know it was somewhere l-like that!"

"Well, sorry for being born with my mark at the crook of my collarbone ..."

"Hey, you two .. can you stop?" Byunghun interrupts while Daniel and Joe were bickering about Joe's mark. Daniel and Joe then look at Byunghun and immediately apologize.

"Umm .. Byunghun, where's yours?" Daniel says carefully with his hands to his eyes again. Byunghun shakes his head and carefully takes Daniel's hands away from his eyes.

"You don't need to see it," Byunghun says while holding Daniel's hand and smiles. "I'm sure you're plenty curious on everyone else here, plus our "parents" too, right?"

"Y-yeah .." Daniel replies while blushing at the sight of Byunghun holding his hands.

"Well, Leo is an Aries, a wielder of fire and Ken is an Sagittarius, a wielder of lighting while Rokhyun is a Aquarius, manipulator of water. If I remember correctly, Sehun is Taurus, a wielder of earth and Luhan is actually an Oracle." Daniel gives Byunghun a careful look before looking back to the book. It explained the basic duty of an Oracle.

An Oracle is a person considered to interface wise counsel or prophetic predictions of the future. Their job was to predict what happened in the future by prophecies, or poem-like stories. Of course Luhan was something like that, he did seem the type to be that way.

"Umm .. Joe, why .. why are we like this? Why .. why were we created?" Daniel says while carefully lays on the bed, finding a comfortable spot. 

"At first, there were the original Twelve Guardians, Taurus, Aries, Virgo, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Cancer, Gemini, Aquarius, Pisces, Leo, and Libra. They were peaceful at first, well, until Phoenix, Hydrus, Cepheus, Cygnus, Lyra, Ophiuchus, Lupus, Crux, Antlia, Lynx, Camelopardalis, Mensa, and Dorado attacked the Twelve Guardians of Light. These thirteen are called Serevi, basically servants of evil. Of course, the Guardians, being outnumbered, had failed although they tried their best in keeping the worlds balance. Before completely disappearing from the face of the world, they spread their power among specially chosen children. The Serevi are still alive, just not as strong as before due the the impact of the Twelve Guardians. They, as well, spread their power amongst people in this world."

"Simply put, we were we created to train and become the new Twelve Guardians to get rid of the Serevi," Byunghun says and wraps his arm around Daniel's shoulder and pulling him close. "We'll be good Guardians. I can already tell."

"What if we .. die while trying?" Daniel asks carefully while laving his head lowered down. Byunghun looks at Daniel with a sincere expression on his face.

"Then we just do ... we can't really do anything about that."

"You two, please promise me that you'll be safe .. and live, alright?" Daniel says softly while looking at the two identical beings.

"Yeah." They both say in unison before busting out in a laughing fit while hugging eachother. 

It felt .. right .. is this what was missing? To know that I was different ... in a very very different way? I guess so because .. I like this feeling, seeing someone that I haven't for so long .. and another person that I want to keep in my life along with my new family, Daniel thought to himself before letting the worries go and simply just enjoying the moment.