Chapter 2 - Wild Flower

A Heart to Love (sequel of A Walk to Remember)

 

Wild Flower

 

*KRIS

She stirred in her sleep before she howled in low voice.

“Urgh…”, I learned closer to the edge of the bed.

“Seohyun sshi…are you okay?”, I asked in concern as she slowly opened her eyes. She blinked it in weak motion as I watched her scanned around the white hospital room. Then she dropped her eyes to me. I curved a smile for her.

“I bet you have so many things to ask…but it’s okay…you’re fine right now…just passed out because of the tiredness…”, I explained to her upon seeing her questioning expression. Then she slowly pushed her body to sit straight. Hastily, I got up from my chair and grabbed her shoulders to support her. She bowed to me once she managed to sit. I landed my again on the chair earlier.

“Where is here???”, she asked, eyes still wandering around the area. I laughed.

“This is hospital, missy…I’m sending you here because you fainted just now…remember, in front of your door???”, I said to her and she frowned for awhile. After a minute the silence wrapped us, she finally nodded.

“Thank you for your help…”, she said politely and bowed down to me. I waved my hand to her.

“No biggie…”, then she ducked her head toward the entrance door.

“Would you mind to call the doctor for me?”, she asked and I followed her gazes to the door. I chuckled but nodded to her.

“Not at all…wait here, I’ll do it…”, I agreed and got up from my seat. I disappeared for awhile to search for the doctor. Once I found him, I quickly dragged him to see Seohyun again. I couldn’t afford to make my sweetheart waiting for us.

“Hello, Seo sshi…”, the doctor greeted her when we entered the room together. She looked up to him and shifted her eyes to me, standing behind the doctor.

“Can you leave us alone???”, she requested as I blinked at her.

“Um…okay…”, I hesitated to leave her side but seeing that she needed the privacy so I excused myself from the room. I closed the door behind me and sighed.

“Ceh! How could she chased me away like that???”, I mumbled, feeling unsatisfied that Seohyun asked me to excuse from her business. Then I placed my hands in my pockets, while waiting for her maybe I can go and in into someone else’s business. I thought teasingly as I walked to another department inside this hospital. Chen would be delighted to see me!

-A Heart to Love-

“You didn’t tell him anything about me, do you?”, Jung In asked, raising her eyebrow toward the doctor.

“No, Jung In sshi…I never forget that I’m forbid to tell anything about your condition except to your sister and master…plus, he seems to confuse between you and your sister…he kept calling you Seohyun just now…who is he actually?”, Doc. Park questioned and Jung In shook her head. She slowly massaged her forehead as she felt the light headache.

“I don’t know…maybe he know my sister but he never really know my existence…”, Jung In answered and the doctor nodded to her. She sighed, tilting her head toward him again.

“How is my recent condition? Please, tell me the truth…”, Jung In asked through her teary eyes. Doc. Park let go of his long sigh.

“I’m afraid that I have to tell you that your heart shows no progress at all…”, he told her and Jung In gulped down . She hid her face down as she stared on her pale palms.

“Maybe you should start discussing with your sister about the heart transplanting surgery…the sooner we get your permission, the quicker we can start searching for the donor…”, the doctor advised her but Jung In shook her head weakly.

“That’s almost impossible for me…I can’t cause any further trouble to Seohyun unnie…”, she told him. Doc, Park sighed loudly and he walked closer to her bed. Then he stretched a hand to pat her on her hair.

“You’re my precious patient…of course I won’t let you suffer like this…I’ll find a way, okay???”, he assured her as Jung In looked up to him. She nodded and forced a weak smile for him. If she could keep even a smallest hope to stay alive, maybe she would rather choose to die…than to let her sister enduring the pain in her life for her –for both of them.

-A Heart to Love-

“Well, hello!”, Kris greeted cheerfully, poking his head from behind of the office door.

“Sorry…here is the pediatrics department…and I’m a pediatrician…I only deal with kids not someone giant and tall creature called Wu Yi Fan…I bet he is old enough to meet the public doctor…”, Chen even without looking to his friend. He fixed his eyes on the file that he held in his hands. Kris pouted to him but he walked inside.

“Don’t be so selfish…doctor suppose to be someone that kind to everyone…”, Kris reasoned out his opinion but Chen chuckled.

“Told you I’m a pediatrician…I’m only kind to the kids…that’s my working policy…”, he replied him before they laughed together. Chen sat back around his office table and he motioned Kris to sit in front of him.

“So, what bring you here??? Anything wrong with your health???”, Chen asked as soon as Kris landed his on the chair. Kris shook to him.

“Not actually…I’m here to accompany someone…she fainted this morning…”, Kris answered carelessly but it caught Chen’s attention closely. So he learned his head forward to him.

“What did you say??? She??? You mean, a girl???”, Chen asked, feeling amused and confused at the same time. Kris frowned to him but he shrugged.

“Yeah…a girl…my sweetheart, Seohyun sshi!”, he confessed to him. Chen nodded his head but he raised his eyebrow sarcastically.

“What???”, Kris asked once he saw his face like that. Chen rolled his eyes.

“Nothing…it just that…it kinda impress me to see you finally get connected closely with a girl…the real one…”, Chen commented and it was Kris’s turn to raise his eyebrow at him.

“Why??? Can’t I???”

“Hey, don’t be so negative! Of course you can…and I’m glad for you…seriously…”, Chen supported him and they broke into laughter again. Then Kris stopped suddenly to frown.

“Chen chen…what should I do??? I never know what to present a girl when she is sick…”, Kris muttered to him as Chen sighed.

“What a loner and a minor in love stuff…well, listen here…girls love many cute and romantic stuff…like flower or food…dolls maybe…but if you want to give her any kind of food, don’t give her the diet stuff…or else she will get mad at you because signaling to her that she is fat…”, Chen explained straight from his heart but Kris smirked at him.

“Please…my Seohyun is someone that really slim and have a perfect body cut! I’ve seen it so I know…”, Kris tried to say but Chen had stared on him with accusation eyes.

“What do mean by you has seen her perfect body curve??? Do you peek at her???”, Chen guessed and Kris gulped down his throat. Hastily he darted his eyes away from him and let out loud laughter.

“Hahahahaha! Of course not! I mean…em…it’s just in my imagination…plus, you can easily tell that she did have a perfect body once you see her for yourself…even behind the clothes, it still can’t be hide…”, Kris explained to him in full effort, covering the truth. Chen nodded but he hummed in amusement.

“Yeah…don’t try to lie to a friend that had know you for almost 10 years…you’re not that good to become a liar…”, Chen commented sarcastically while Kris smirked at him. He shifted uncomfortably on his chair.

“Well, whatever…you don’t even answer my question yet! What should I give Seohyun sshi as a get-well-soon present???”, Kris pressed on the matter again only to earn a rough groan from Chen.

“You’re the one who dazed out! I told you just now, buy her flowers or food or dolls!”, Chen answered in frustration as he shook his head. Kris pouted before he leaned on the chair, resting his body while he racked his brain to find a solution.

“Hmmm…maybe I should buy her a bouquet of flowers…the big one…”, he suggested while frowning to Chen. Chen was briefly listening to him as he continued flipping through the documents on his table.

“But…what kind of flower should I choose???”, Kris questioned again and Chen started to get annoyed by him. He groaned again and shut the documents loudly.

“There are so many types of flower, Kris…roses, daisies, sunflowers, lilies…just visit the florist and you will find the right one!”, he said again, shaking his head. He was supposed to give an advice about someone’s health, not about flowers or girl’s stuff! Chen thought dully before Kris clicked his fingers, finally have an idea.

“Maybe I should buy her lilies…because they’re colored in white, right??? White means pureness, like her…”, Kris said, smiling up brightly to himself as he pictured Seohyun’s princess-like face but Chen laughed to him.

“Yeah…lilies got statement…welcome to the funeral!”, he told him and burst out laughing madly. Kris stopped blinking for awhile before he narrowed his eyes to him.

“I’m not giving her a dead wish! Haisshhh! You idiot, Chen!”, he exclaimed to him and finally got up from his seat. Without any further word, he left Chen inside his office, still giggling happily as he was entertained by Kris’s blurriness in handling his first love journey.

-A Heart to Love-

“Seohyun unnie!!!! Anneyong!!!!”, the kids running in group once they spotted their lovable sister. Seohyun closed the door of her car as she waved back to them.

“Anneyong, everyone!!!”, she greeted the children in her most energetic voice as she laughed and ran toward them. When they bumped with each other, the kids circled her and they held both of her hands playfully, swinging their bodies together. Seohyun lit up her usual friendly smile down to them.

“How are you today? Having fun?”, she asked and the kids answered in union.

“Yes!!!”, Seohyun laughed again, cheered by their cuteness. She kneeled down next to a little boy.

“Bong Gu ah…do you want to know what noona brought for you and your friends today?”, she asked teasingly to him and Bong Gu nodded with smile.

“I want to know! I want to play with noona today!”, he said excitedly to her and the kids jumped around too. Seohyun patted his head and stood up.

“Okay! Let’s play until we’re tired and exhausted today!”, she agreed with them and they replied her with a loud YAY. Seohyun shook her head, feeling amused by them before she excused herself to walk back to her car. Once she stopped before its bonnet, she clicked on the key and it opened the bonnet automatically. She pushed up the cap of it to reveal the multi-colors of balloons. She grinned down to it and tilted her head toward the kids just now.

“Chingu ah!!! Here is your present from me today!”, She shouted to them as they cheered and ran to get their respective balloon.

“Okay, okay! Don’t push! Everyone will have it, okay?”, Seohyun controlled them, giving away the balloons one by one. The children giggled in happiness. They thanked Seohyun and bowed down politely to her.

“Seohyun unnie, I want that pink balloon!”, one of the toddlers said and Seohyun smiled down to her.

“You want this??? Okay, it’s yours…”, Seohyun agreed and held down the string of the pink balloon toward her. She took it as she winked at her.

“Thanks!”, she said and ran away. Seohyun could only laugh at their kiddy act. Suddenly, a man came walking to her from behind. There was also another little girl walking with him as she held his hand and exchanged weird looks from her father to Seohyun. Her father seems to frown when he spotted Seohyun there. Finally, they stopped to stand before her.

“Em….em….Seo…hyun…sshi?”, the man asked in hesitation. Seohyun raised her eyebrow and she threw her sight over her shoulder only to see the man with his daughter. He was hesitated to curve a smile for her so Seohyun did it earlier, she smiled broadly at him.

“Yes??? Do you know me?”, she asked and waved a hand freely down to the little girl. She grinned back before she shifted her eyes on the balloons inside her car’s bonnet. Seohyun laughed to her.

“Hey, there sweetie…you want one?”, she offered her but the man cleared his throat, making Seohyun to stare up again at him.

“Yes?”, she frowned.

“Em…you’re…really, Seohyun…isn’t it???”, he asked for confirmation again, causing Seohyun to laugh right now. She nodded her head.

“Yeah, yeah…I am…why??? Mr…”, she guessed on his name and he blinked to her.

“Lay…call me Lay…”, Lay told her and Seohyun nodded understandingly.

“So, Lay sshi…what can I help you? From where do you know my name? And…is this little beauty is your daughter??? Or little sister maybe???”, Seohyun communicated with him in her casual tone, like she had known him forever. Lay still lost for his word, he couldn’t digest anything as he was too struck to see Seohyun in person. She was indeed, a duplicate vision of Kang Seira and she was even more beautiful with her sweet smiles and rosy cheeks –looking extraordinary as a human girl. Now Lay can completely believed in Kris after he saw Seohyun personally like this. Seohyun bit her lips, started to feel anxious when Lay never give her any reply. Instead he was standing motionless there as he fixed his eyes on her without even blinking. His daughter caught the awkwardness between them so she sighed and shook her head.

“Pardon my appa…he is quite a slow person…”, the little girl commented as Seohyun finally laughed. She nodded to her.

“I see…so you’re his daughter…hmmm…quite young to be a father too…”, she commented back as the girl smirked playfully up to Lay.

“Appa…you should answer this unnie…where do you know her?”, she forced her father and Lay finally gained back his consciousness. He grinned down to his daughter before he bit his lips and looked up to Seohyun. Seohyun nodded in agreement with the girl –she demanded an answer from him.

“Em…sorry but actually I’m a best friend of Kris…he know you so he told us about you…not that much but…yeah…clearly that man is in love with you, Seohyun sshi…”, Lay told her carelessly but Seohyun frowned even more right now. She ducked her head closer to him.

“Excuse me? Did you just say someone called Kris??? Who is he? I never know anyone around me with that name…”, Seohyun replied and that earned a sharp stare from Lay.

“Are you sure???”, he questioned her again.

“Yeah…I’m totally positive about it…”, Seohyun nodded blankly and Lay grinned to her. He started to feel suspicious and eerie about this. If Kris knows her but she never know Kris, then is it Kris was the only one that love her one-sidedly??? Lay thought inside his mind before he shook his head and tighten his grip on his daughter’s hand. Slowly he took a step backward from Seohyun.

“Okay…then just take it like I never say anything to you…farewell, Seohyun sshi…”, he suddenly told her and turned his body around to run away. He dragged his daughter with him, spinning her body around to run along with him, leaving Seohyun to blink questioningly at the two. She chuckled as the little girl glanced back to take another last look at her. Then she grabbed a balloon and shoved it toward them.

“Hey! Your daughter hasn’t take this! She is from the Sunflower Kindergarten, right?!”, she shouted at them but Lay ignored her as he kept on picking up his paces, walking away from her like she was some kind of a ghost that need to be avoid. Seohyun dropped the balloon back as she smirked.

“What the hell??? Strangers are idiot!”, she cursed under her breath before she closed down the bonnet again. Then she leaned on it, massaging the back of her neck as she thought about the little conversation she had with Lay just now.

“Kris…Kris…do I know him???”, she tried to scan inside her mind for a person with that name. Suddenly her face turned pale and she stood straight back on her feet. She gasped when she remembered the man that she encountered with in the elevator yesterday. He was the desperate ert that zipped off her dress. Automatically Seohyun groaned at the thought. She shook her head, pushing away the memory from inside her brain.

“Urgh! That jerk! So that is your friend huh???”, she questioned annoyingly as she stared back at the way where Lay had disappeared just now. Then she smirked and fanned herself with her hand, suddenly feeling hot whenever she thought about Kris. Yeah, Kris. She will remember his name as a precaution to be aware of that ert after this.

“Hmmm…ignore him!”, she reminded herself and started to take her steps entering the orphanage back but she stopped halfway once she accidently landed her eyes on the main board in front of the gate. ‘SUNFLOWER KINDERGARTEN AND ORPHANAGE’. She read the board silently as a hidden memories crept inside her mind, bringing back the sorrow that she took forever to bury it in her heart…

****************************************************

-8 years ago-

“Appa! Appa! Please! I beg you! Don’t send us here! Let us stay with you!”, she pleaded within her cries as she clutched tighter to the arm of her father. Another girl, sat on her wheelchair pasted her eyes on them as she watched them from the entrance door of this orphanage’s dorm. She was crying, tears flowed down her cheeks like the heavy rain as she has the same gloomy face like her sister. But she did nothing to help her as she felt her own body drenched with sadness. She could only watch from afar, feeling her sick heart bleeding in silence inside her chest. Their father groaned at her sister before he pushed her away to free his arm.

“No! You girls have to stay here! As long as I don’t come here to pick you back, don’t try to run anywhere!”, he warned his daughter but the girl shook her head as she cried even harder.

“Appa! We don’t have any other place to run away! We just want to stay with you! Please, appa! I beg you! Omma just leave us…please…we don’t want to lose you too, appa…”, she kept on begging at him, taking a step closer to the man but he pushed her shoulders mercilessly to cause her fell down to the road. Her sister cried upon seeing it.

“Unnie!”, she yelled and quickly wheeled her chair to get to her sister.

“Jung In, stay there! You can’t catch the cold!”, her sister tried to stop her from walking out under the roof but she stubbornly shook her head and went on wheeling her chair until she stopped before her sister, now kneeling helplessly on the tar. Jung In stretched her hand toward her sister to support her again, helping her to stand up back. She took Jung In’s hand and lifted her body to stand straight on her feet once again. They gazed up simultaneously toward their father, now standing with his back on them as he put on his arrogant face. Jung In’s sister walked slowly approaching the man.

“Appa…please…at least think about Jung In…she is sick…she need your care…”, she started to explain again but the man turned his body to face her. He stared angrily on her before he shifted his eyes on Jung In then back to the girl in front of him.

“Seohyun…you’re the oldest…you need to take that responsibility from now on…stay here, live here and care for your sister…until the day when I come back and pick both of you to stay again with me…as a family…”, he told her, gulping down the bitterness he felt inside him. His daughter, Seohyun, the older from his twin daughters cried even more when she heard him saying like that to her.

“Then…where are you going to??? How long do we have to wait for you???”, Seohyun asked him, stumbled between her words as she tried to keep herself calm from the sobs. Her father came closer to her and he her long wavy hair, the style that she resembled exactly like her mother. Even though Seohyun and Jung In were a twin but his father loved her more because she reminded him of the true appearance of his dead wife. He closed his eyes, trying to absorb as many memories with Seohyun as he can; memorizing closely her prettiness that reminded him to his wife before he snapped opened his eyes again. He took a last stare on her before he dropped down his hand and sighed heavily.

“I suggest you to never put your hope too high…because I can’t really sure whether I’ll be seeing both of you again or not after this…”, he told her, it broke Seohyun’s heart into pieces. She sobbed even harder right now even though no one can see the tears that mixed with the heavy rain poured down around them –wetting them from head to toe.

“Then don’t go…don’t leave us, appa…don’t leave Jung In and me…we’re not orphans to stay in here…we still have you, our appa…”, she still didn’t give up to plead for his sympathy. Her father let go of another long sigh but he shook his head and patted her shoulder, giving her his silence support.

“There is only one thing that I can promise both of you…sooner, you will leave this orphanage because appa will give Jung In and you another better life…I promise…”, the man vowed to his twin daughters as he started to take his steps away in reverse. Seohyun tried to reach for him but he picked up his paces, running faster to leave them.

“Appa…no….appa! Wait! Appa!!!”, now both Seohyun and Jung In called out to their father. Seohyun had started to run toward the car entered by his father as Jung In struggled from behind to get up from her wheelchair. The car’s engine roaring loudly, signaling to the twin that their father really gonna leave them for real. Seohyun ran faster but the car had zoomed away at once in full speed, leaving nothing but dust behind it. Jung In had now managed to stand up so she walked faster and faster even though she couldn’t fully running as it was bad for her condition.

“APPA!!!”, Seohyun yelled on top of her lungs, staring weakly on the car that took her father away as her sight became blurrier than ever –her eyes covered with tears and rain, drenching her face that pasted with disappointment and sadness. She had stopped chasing the car instead she stood helplessly there, feeling her kneels gave up on her weight so lastly she dropped her body down to the road.

“Unnie!”, Jung In widened her eyes once she saw her sister weaken like that. Hastily, she picked up her paces, trying hard to walk faster toward Seohyun. Jung In was panting when she finally reached her. She kneeled down next to her sister and she grabbed her shoulders tight. Slowly, Seohyun gazed up to her. They stared to each other with their heavy teary eyes.

“What should we do, Jung In ah??? Omma had left us…and now appa did the same….what should we do???”, Seohyun asked her with her weak tone, her voice cracked between the sobs. Jung In shook her head.

“I don’t know…I…”, she tried to answer but she suddenly coughed as she felt her lungs being stuck by the coldness that wrapped around her. Seohyun quickly pulled her sister and hugged her closely to her body. Jung In locked her arms around her sister too as they cuddled each other –feeling safe inside their twin’s embraces. Seohyun nodded her head and she patted Jung In on her back. She threw her eyes far from where their father left them just now.

“Don’t worry, Jung In ah…Unnie will protect you…forever…”, she promised her, feeling the tears flowed unstoppably down her cheeks. Jung In was crying too, clutching tighter on her sister as she sobbed into her chest, hiding her face there. They stayed sitting there, crying in each other’s arms. The day when their father left them was the day when their nightmare begun….

************************************************

Seohyun felt her heart still break, the pieces still gone and the tears still flowing rapidly even though it happened eight years ago. Slowly, she wiped off the tears from her cheeks with her hands. She looked up to the orphanage in front of her.

“You’re lying, appa…you broke your promise to us…you never come back…”, she muttered under her breath as she inhaled deeply. She braced her heart, wrapping the memories securely back inside her soul –that was the only way she could survive to keep her promise with Jung In, to stay protecting her…forever.

-A Heart to Love-

*KRIS

“Hi, there!”, I greeted happily, poking in my head from outside of the door. Seohyun turned to me once she caught sound of my voice. She curved a small smile on her lips.

“How do you feel??? What did the doctor say??? You’re okay, aren’t you???”, I asked and pushed my body to fully enter the room. Then I closed the door and walked back nearing the bed. She laughed shortly – her voice rang like music to me before she shook her head.

“Nah…I’m fine…”, she assured me as I took my seat next to her, keeping my hands hid behind my body. But she realized the mysterious expression on my face so she tilted her head to a side to check on my hidden hands.

“What is it???”, she asked but I quickly shifted my head simultaneously with hers to cover her sight from seeing the thing that I held in my hands. She chuckled.

“Please…don’t be too mystery, will you?”, she commented and it earned a laugh from me. I raised my eyebrow to her.

“Why??? Can’t I let you feel the thrill for any minute longer???”, I before she frowned at me. But then we broke out laughing together and I finally spread out my hands to show the thing that I held just now.

“Tadaaa!!!”, I said to her, feeling awkward when I easily lost my coolness whenever I was around Seohyun. Usually, I’m a very stiff person when it comes to mingle around strangers especially with girls but if that person is Seohyun, maybe I can let my guard down. I grinned up to her but she blinked confusedly on that present. Her eyes stayed transfixed on a bouquet of light pink roses inside my hands. It swept away the excitement and happiness that I felt just now. I dropped the bouquet on my lap.

“What??? You don’t like flowers???”, I questioned, feeling stupid to push away my ego as a man only to catch her heart. But slowly, she lit up a very stunning smile before she shook her head.

“No…I love them…this is actually my first time receiving flowers from a man…I never did before…”, she told me, a flush of redness colored her cheeks as she grinned sheepishly to me. I cracked a proud smile to her too.

“Sorry, I never know that…but, I’m glad to be the first…people said that the first one is the most meaningful…”, I told her, feeling surprise to myself as I could smoothly arranged my poetic words for her. Seohyun laughed cutely as she nodded.

“Yeah…I think so…”, she agreed and I got up from my seat. I walked closer to her bed and put down the bouquet gently on her lap. She followed my every movement with her eyes before she stopped staring admirably on the flowers. I laughed and watched her like she was the most interesting movie in the world as Seohyun picked up the bouquet and brought it closer to her nose. She breathed in the sweet and romantic scent of it. Then she finally raised her head to gaze at me. We smiled to each other.

“Thanks…”, she said her gratitude and bowed down a little. I winked at her.

“You’re most welcome! Now, do you want to go back??? I think you have rest enough…let’s discharge from this boring hospital!”, I suggested to her and she giggled happily.

“Yeah…I would love to…”, she agreed once again with me and I started to discuss about going for a lunch with her after I bring her out from this hospital. She easily agreed with everything that I arranged for her. Even though I felt a bit surprise and curious as Seohyun’s attitude today was way different from the Seohyun yesterday but I still felt happy and wanted nothing more than to stay together with her longer that time.

-A Heart to Love-

Kyuhyun heard the knock on the door so he tilted his head a bit to it.

“Come in…”, he said coldly and the door was opened by someone. Two men, dressed in formal black coats came walking inside his office. They stopped facing Kyuhyun who sat around the table with his body faced the broad glass wall that windowed his office.

“What do you want us to do, Mr. Cho?”, one of them started to ask. Kyuhyun smirked before he spun his chair to face them. He took a quick look toward the men before he threw a blue color file on the table in front of them. The men exchanged questioning glances between them.

“I want you to investigate about this man…”, he told them before one of the servants came to approach the table. He picked up the file and walked back to stand beside . Together, they flipped opened the file to check on their target. They frowned once they set their eyes on a picture of someone’s profile in it.

“Your own father, Mr. Cho???”, the man who picked up the file earlier questioned Kyuhyun with a total confusion drawn on his face. But Kyuhyun smiled evilly to him.

“Yes…my father…check on every single thing that he did everyday…his working schedule, his daily activities…where he go, who he meet with…everything…I want the details…each of them that related to him…”, Kyuhyun commanded them. The two men hesitated for awhile before one of them closed the file back and nodded.

“We get it…we will be heading back to Korea this night…”, he informed Kyuhyun as he nodded in satisfaction.

“Good…go get that old heck…”, he reminded them before his servants bowed down to him and walked out to leave him from his office. He glared to a frame where a picture of the three members of his family was placed in it. He was standing behind his parents in that photo as they smiled widely together to the camera. Kyuhyun hissed before he pushed down the frame to kiss the top of his office table.

“Damn you, old man! How dare you want to break our family apart like this! I won’t give you a single chance to do so…”, he said determinedly, staring sharp to the wall in front of him.

-A Heart to Love-

“Illa illa illa…illa illa illa…”, Jung In was humming to herself the song of Seohyun and her favorite track, ‘Illa Illa’ by Juniel. She sat on her wheelchair by the balcony, feeling blissful than ever. Her hand held a bottle of water as she sprayed it on the roses that gave by Kris this morning. She felt so happy that she met him. Even when their meeting was too short and she knew that she was in fault for pretending to be Seohyun instead of telling Kris the truth about her but beyond all of that –she still felt very delighted.

“DUM!!! DUM!!! DUM!!!”, she was startled by the loud bang on the door of her apartment. Slowly, she glanced back to the door. That was when it was opened widely by someone and Jung In saw a man burst into her house. She stared emptily to him.

“Jung In! Jung In! Where are you???”, the man asked furiously, walking in rapid steps as he entered further around the living room. Jung In put down the spray bottle calmingly before she wheeled her chair to approach the man.

“I’m here, Cho sshi…what is it???”, she asked him once she stopped staring up to that old man from behind. He spun his body around to face her –his expression was as fierce as always.

“Where did you go this morning???”, he started to ask her and Jung In gulped down . She bit her lips, hesitated to answer. Mr. Cho hissed and bent down his body to grab hold of her shoulders. Jung In felt her eyes grew wider when she stared eyes to eyes with him.

“Tell me, honestly…where, did, you, go, this, morning?”, he repeated his question, uttered out the words one by one for her so that it was clear enough for Jung In. She shook her head.

“I’m not going anywhere…I’m just going to the hospital…”, she told him but Mr. Cho shot her with his bloodshot stares, making Jung In to tremble under his grips.

“Huh!”, he groaned and let go of her body as he stood up again. Mr. Cho turned his back on Jung In, keeping his hands inside his pockets as he glared around the living room. Then he narrowed his eyes when he spotted the fresh roses placed lovingly in a vase that situated nearby the balcony. He smirked on it.

“Jung In ah…are you trying to kid me???”, he asked her with his cunning voice. Spontaneously, Jung In looked up to his back.

“What…what do you mean?”, she asked him too and Mr. Cho clicked his tongue impatiently.

“I mean…you’re lying to me, didn’t you???!!!”, he said and suddenly spun around to land a slap straight on Jung In’s face. She yelled in shock and pain. Jung In covered her cheek with her palm and a tear dropped down to that place. She slowly gazed up to Mr. Cho who stared sharply down to her.

“No…Cho sshi…I never lie to you…it is true…I only went to the hospital this morning…you can ask Doc. Park if you don’t believe me…”, she explained to him but Mr. Cho raised his eyebrow.

“Do you think I’m a fool??? Do you think I’m a blind until I never saw that lovely bouquet of roses huh??? You won’t go to hospital only to buy the roses, aren’t you??? Furthermore, hospital isn’t the florist! So it’s clear to me, that you’re lying!!!”, Mr. Cho said wickedly but Jung In shook her head even harder right now.

“No! It’s not true! That roses…I…I….”, she tried to tell him about her meeting with Kris but she knew that if she does, Seohyun will be in trouble because Kris only know her not the real Jung In. Mr Cho glared impatiently as Jung In stumbled with her words.

“Aissshhh!!!”, he groaned angrily and walked over to her. He grabbed a stake of her hair and gripped on it tightly, making Jung In to cry in pain.

“Ouch! No, Cho sshi! Please, stop!”, she begged and tried to free her hair inside his hand but Mr. Cho had pulled her to get down from her wheelchair before he threw her body on the floor. Jung In lay on it, she coughed and clutched on her chest as she felt the pain spread into her whole body. Mr. Cho smirked at her. Slowly, he unclasped his belt and took step by step closer to her.

“Jung In ah…you know that your sister love you so much, don’t you??? So if you die or gone anywhere, she will be worried about you…and I don’t want her to feel that misery…so, next time…remember to be good and stay silence in this house…ONLY…okay???”, Mr. Cho reminded her as he pulled the belt off from around his trousers. Jung In closed her eyes, crying helplessly as she knew what is coming for her. She would be punish every time she caused something that could hurt her sister. Seohyun was too precious to Mr. Cho so nothing will escape from him if it involves her sister.

“A present for you…to be careful next time…”, he bent down closer to her and whispered slowly to her ears. Jung In kept on crying and shaking her head. Mr. Cho laughed and stood straight again. He swept the belt higher in the air before he hit it on Jung In’s body.

“AHHH!!!”, she yelled in extreme pain, scratching the floor as she endured the torture. Mr. Cho slapped her body again with the belt and he did it, again and again until his anger cooled down inside him. Jung In did nothing to stop it because she knew that she was destined to be tortured whenever Mr. Cho was angry to her as she was just disobeying his rule which was to stay obedient inside this little prison of her.

-A Heart to Love-

“I’m home…”, Seohyun said, feeling exhausted after spending her whole day at the orphanage to do her usual charity work. She was inside the apartment before she stopped at the living room to glance around.

“Jung In ah…”, she called out for her sister. No one answer her so she walked to enter Jung In’s bedroom.

“Jung In…Unnie is back!”, she said happily and pushed the door to reveal the room. Once Jung In heard her sister’s cheerful voice, she quickly pulled the curtain to cover the tub. She splashed her crying face with the cold water inside the bathtub so that her tears won’t be recognize by Seohyun later. Seohyun narrowed her eyes when she realized Jung In was nowhere to be seen inside her room. Then she heard the sound of the shower so she grinned mischievously. Slowly, she tiptoeing to approach the bathroom and pulled on the knob.

“Jung In! I see your body!”, she shouted when she poked her head inside the room. The shower was pouring down with water but no one standing or taking bath under it. So Seohyun frowned and shifted her eyes to the covered tub. She stuck of her tongue.

“Yah! Seo Jung In! Are you trying to play hide and seek with me???”, she guessed on her. Jung In smiled from behind the curtain. She shook her head upon thinking about Seohyun’s kiddy attitude but she chose to stay silence. She wasn’t in the mood to joke around with her unnie.

“HAH!”, Jung In jumped a bit, clutching her chest as Seohyun suddenly grabbed opened the curtain. Jung In glared up to her sister as Seohyun smiled and kneeled down to sit next to the tub. She set her elbows on the edge of it, staring with smile to Jung In.

“My lovely sister…how are you today???”, she asked and splashed some water playfully to Jung In’s face. Her little sister hissed at her before she rubbed her eyes.

“I’m fine…like usual…how about the kids??? They are okay???”, Jung In asked her back as Seohyun rolled her eyes.

“Kids…they have no problem at all…I would love to be like them again…”, she told her but it earned a laugh from Jung In.

“Stop dreaming…you’re growing older each second…”, Jung In as Seohyun widened her eyes.

“What??? I’m growing older??? You’re the same too!”, Seohyun exclaimed and she moved her body forward to hold Jung In playfully around her neck. They laughed and struggled with each other before Jung In suddenly flinched in pain.

“Ouch!”, she howled and rubbed under her right arm. Seohyun stopped and she eyed her sister closely.

“What??? What is it, Jung In ah??? I’m sorry! So sorry if I hurt you…”, Seohyun apologized to her and she touched Jung In on the spot where she covered her arm. Jung In tried to hide the pain with smiling to her.

“No, it is okay…I’m fine…”, she said and tried to shift up her arm but the muscle screamed in pain again so Jung In dropped her arm inside the water again as she closed her eyes tight, enduring the pain that she felt from it. Seohyun grew panic right now and she stood up to sit on the edge of the bathtub. She supported Jung In around her shoulders.

“Yah…don’t scare me…what happen to you??? Are you okay???”, she asked her sister again and Jung In tried to assure her that she was fine but a tear escaped from the corner of her eyes and it clicked Seohyun that something wrong had happened on her sister. So she squeezed Jung In’s shoulders to turn and look at her. Jung In gazed up weakly to Seohyun.

“Now, tell me…what happened to you when I’m gone???”, she started to investigate on that matter before she slowly held up Jung In’s arm. That was when she spotted the purplish bruises on her arm. Seohyun gasped in shock and darted her eyes to look at Jung In again. Jung In lightly pulled her arm from her sister.

“Unnie, don’t worry…it is nothing…it will get better…”

“He hit you again! He did it again!”, Seohyun snapped and got up at once. She held back her anger as she placed one hand on her waist and another on her forehead. Jung In gazed up to her.

“Please…unnie don’t fight with him…I don’t want you to be hurt…”, she started to beg but Seohyun spun her body around to face her little sister back.

“Then you tell me! Why did he hit you today??? Did you make something that annoyed him???”, Seohyun asked but Jung In had lost for word. She battled with her mind whether to tell her sister about Kris or not. Seohyun sighed in despair, shaking her head before she ran out from the room. Jung In stared emptily on the doorway before she slowly felt her tears poured down again. She ended up resumed crying inside the bathroom, feeling her heart ached unstoppably in her chest.

-A Heart to Love-

Seohyun landed her on the wooden bench. She sighed and closed her eyes, gathering the strength inside her. When she opened it back, she stared up to the apartment in front of her. This was a jail in her life. The only place where she thought she could protect Jung In from any harm but yet in this very same place, Jung In was hurt for more because of her.

“Oh my…”, she murmured under her breath, feeling tired than ever to stay strong against the cruel destiny as a tear slowly wetted her cheek. She let herself cried even though she had been crying over this unlucky fate of them for thousand times more.

“Omo! So you’re here!”, Seohyun heard someone greeted her so she hastily wiped off her tears. She raised her head only to land her eyes on a tall figure of Kris. He smiled at her.

“Hehehe…anneyong…”, he waved as Seohyun sighed slowly. Why among thousands of people around her, this freaky disgusting Kris was the one that shown up in front of her in the middle of her broken heart??? Seohyun thought absentmindedly as Kris walked over to her.

***************************************

*KRIS

I was about to enter the ground floor of the apartment when I saw her, sitting on the bench like a perfect mannequin. She looked so stiff but the prettiness never fails to capture my heart as the bright moonlight spread on her magnificently. So I shifted my way and arranged my steps to her.

“Omo! So you’re here!”, I greeted her and she looked up at me. But once again, I saw the differences on her face. She had her hair styled in wavy again as she stared at me through her uncertain eyes. But I chose to crack a smile and waved at her.

“Hehehe…anneyong…”, I said before she suddenly chuckled.

“You again…what do you want???”, she asked and shifted uncomfortably on the seat. I grinned and walked over to take the place next to her. When I sat, she quickly distanced her body from me, moving a bit further away to her left. I pouted but I put down a plastic bag that I brought along with me on her lap. She gazed down to it in confusion.

“What is this??? Some trash???”, she asked sarcastically but I laughed at her.

“No, it fruits…I just want to make sure that you’re okay after discharging from the hospital this morning…”, I said to her but she automatically turned side way to me. She frowned at me like she didn’t remember about going to the hospital. I laughed and shook my head.

“You’re fainted this morning so don’t tell me that the side effect of it is to lose your memory so sudden…”, I but she hissed and looked away.

“Huuhhh…why don’t you tell me, Jung In???”, she mumbled to herself but I chuckled.

“Sorry…I’m a boy and my name is Kris Wu…not Jung In…”, I replied to her before she slightly smirked.

“Whatever! Thanks for the fruits and don’t ever come here again!”, Seohyun said coldly to me and she stood up to walk away. I opened my mouth to say something, desperate to make her stay so I got up and ran to follow her.

“Seohyun sshi!”, I called out and she groaned as she paused on her paces.

“What???”, she snapped and glared at me. I frowned to her.

“I’m so curious, you know…you’re so gentle to me this morning…but when you changed your hair to this curly again, your attitude changed too! Why??? Do the saloon have some magic spell or what???”, I asked her dully before she shook her head.

“Just leave!”, she scolded me and tried to walk again but I was quicker to grab her arm. She stopped and glanced at me from over her shoulder.

“You better let me go…”, she warned me but I shook my head playfully to her.

“I want to give you something…let’s go!”, I said, ignoring her sharp stares as I dragged her to start leaving the apartment.

“What??? Where???”, she asked and tried to pull her hand away from my grip but I tighten it around her wrist and laughed.

“You will know later…”

-A Heart to Love-

Seohyun bit her lips, bottled up her anger as the car that drove by Kris stopped in front of a small farm. Seohyun narrowed her eyes from inside the window as she heard the engine of the car was shut to stop roaring. She glared sideway to Kris.

“Now what???”, she asked and Kris pulled off his seatbelt.

“Well, get down…”, he instructed her and pushed his side door to get out from his car. Seohyun rolled her eyes but she followed his action. She slammed the door hard before Kris clicked on the key and locked it at once. He walked over to stand next to her as Seohyun scanned around the farm.

“What are we doing here?”, she asked, looking up to Kris. He winked mysteriously and started to leave her, walked approaching the main gate of the farm. He easily pulled opened it and entered himself in complete ease. Seohyun shook her head, feeling stupid that she followed him all the way to this smelly farm. But she sighed and started to drag her feet behind him.

“Hey! Tell me, what exactly we are doing here???”, Seohyun forced but she was stopped once she sat her eyes on a small building, lighting up with colorful lamps. It was so beautiful until it made Seohyun to stay frozen on her legs. Kris laughed upon seeing her surprise look.

“Welcome to this greenhouse!”, he cheered and Seohyun darted her eyes to him.

“Greenhouse???”

“Yeah, a greenhouse! They only have it during spring…well the season is just started so I think it is the best time to enjoy the view…”, Kris explained to her and he disappeared around the entrance door to the beautiful greenhouse. Seohyun frowned in confusion and disbelief as she tailed him behind again. When she stepped into the building, she was once again mesmerized with her surroundings. Multi-types of freshly planted flowers were arranged in special landscape around her as Seohyun took her steps slowly approaching them. She swept her fingertips lightly on the roses, daisies, lilies and many more flowers that filled the area. Kris stood a few meters behind her, standing beside a big vase as he crossed his arms together and eyed her from there. He smiled in gladness when he saw her excited face, circling around the flowers. Finally, Seohyun spotted the vase next to Kris so she walked over to it, intended to take a better look on the flowers planted inside it.

“What flower is this???”, she asked once she stopped walking, eyes pasted on the little greenish white flowers that bloomed in front of her very eyes. She watched them in envy, rubbing her fingertips on them. Kris turned to stare on it too.

“This??? The gardener called these flowers as Illa…”, he told her and Seohyun exchanged her eyes on him right now.

“What??? Illa???”, she asked for confirmation and Kris nodded.

“Illa means wild flower…this flower is really easy to be planted anywhere…Illa can live and survive in any condition…that is why it is a wild flower…strong and independent…”, he further explained about it as he picked off one of those illas. Seohyun nodded at him.

“I see…”, she commented and Kris laughed at her.

“I remembered your phone’s ringtone is entitled ‘Illa Illa’ too, right???”, he guessed about it as Seohyun gulped down . She wasn’t expecting it for Kris to remember every single thing that related to her even though they just met each other for less than an hour the other day. So she smirked and turned to leave him.

“It’s none of your business…I want to go back…it’s almost midnight right now…”, she blurted out and walked away. Kris watched her from behind before he shook his head and followed Seohyun to leave the greenhouse.

“Hey, wait up!”, Seohyun clicked her tongue impatiently when she heard Kris called out to her again. She never stops walking but Kris used the advantage of his long legs to run and blocked Seohyun in front of her. She almost bumps into his chest but she hastily paused and glared up to him.

“Seriously! What do you want???”, she asked in frustration and Kris smiled in ease.

“I want your hand…”, he requested and Seohyun frowned.

“What???”, she tried to ask but Kris had already reached for her right hand. Seohyun tried to pull her hand back but Kris had slipped something around one of her fingers. Then he opened her palm and placed down something inside it. Seohyun raised her eyebrow upon seeing a small key that he gave.

“And what is this for???”, she questioned him again, feeling tired to his mysterious action.

“This is the key to that greenhouse…you can always come here again to see the illas just now…I know how much you like it better than any other flowers…so feel free to come around…enjoy the flowers while spring is still here…”, he told her. Seohyun gazed up questioningly to him. Kris winked playfully to her and he dropped her hand. He almost causes the key to fall down too but Seohyun quickly caught it back inside her hand. That was when she saw the thing that he slipped around her finger just now. An illa flower, circled around her finger like a ring. He just presented her with that illa ring. Seohyun raised her head again, scanned around for Kris but he had already got into the car.

Seohyun blinked and gulped down in silence. Then she stared down again on the flower ring around her finger. A sudden soft feeling crept into her heart. She likes this wild flower –it was her first time to accept a ring from someone. Seohyun thought alone as she slowly smiled upon the illa flower.

To be continued…

 

"There is a heart for me to love which is belongs to Seo Joo Hyun..."